It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Euro�s �Father� Calls for Global Currency

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Link:
www.dw-world.de...

Excerpt:

"Robert Mundell, the Nobel-prize winning economist often credited with paving the way to the European single currency, has called for a global currency. In an interview with French paper Lib�ration, Mundell said: "With the emergence of the euro and its instability against the dollar, Europe, the United States and the Asian powers should come together and create a new international monetary system." However, this would not mean the end of the euro or the dollar. "Of course, one would keep the dollar and the euro," Mundell explained. "This international currency would be used in the large international exchanges, for movements of capital and commercial transactions." (EUobserver.com)

In that the agenda of the NWO has always been met with skepticism and debate, I ran across this rather short and interesting write-up on the 'founder' of the Euro and his proposed idea for a 'global currency'.
I find that I agree, somewhat, with this, in that it would greatly aid and expediate an ever growing 'global economy' but besides this, is this another sign of a convergence to a global world organization or the unfolding of the NWO agenda?

Thoughts?

regards
seekerof

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
The minds of a few will never rule the souls of billions. The King of France thought the same as the jokers and he lost his mind, along with his head.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 03:04 AM
link   
There are of course good and bad things about having one universal currency, but personally I don't think it will ever happen. And if it did, the NWO would have to already have near total power to implement it.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Well it certainly appears harmless enough, if not a good idea.... and yet.. I think we all know that this is a very bad idea in the bigger picture.
We can always refuse to use it, if it does manage to get the approval of the other nations.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   
It won't happen unless electronic commerce makes any and all currencies redundant. Then it would be very easy to do even though computers handling multiple currencies is not extra work.

We are already well on the way to this, except I do not know the extent of electronic commerce now in the third world, doubting that it is as prevelant as here in the developed world.

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure electronic money use is nonexistent in most 3rd world countries. Even in American the use of debit cards, etc. isn't as prevalent as some might think. Europe is actually the country that uses electronic money such as debit cards the most. I'm not sure how much Asian countries use it.

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

In that the agenda of the NWO has always been met with skepticism and debate, I ran across this rather short and interesting write-up on the 'founder' of the Euro and his proposed idea for a 'global currency'.
I find that I agree, somewhat, with this, in that it would greatly aid and expediate an ever growing 'global economy' but besides this, is this another sign of a convergence to a global world organization or the unfolding of the NWO agenda?

Sounds like a good idea.

Maybe we can call the new currency "Credits"?

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 02:14 AM
link   
In my mind, this has three words written all over it: Bad #ing Idea.

My reasoning: Apart from conspiracies about the NWO, the U.N. wanting "global citizens", and whatever else, I could see something like this causing a lot of problems between a lot of countries. I think that for it to work well, there would have to be some organization that all the governments using the currency would answer to that handled the production and distribution of the currency. Governments don't like being told what to do, that starts wars.

On the conspiracy side, this would definitely prove the existance of the NWO and their PUBLIC rise to power.

On the religious side, the push toward a global currency would probably lead to the use of global currency EFTs *just like so many people using debit cards*. This could potentially lead to an altogether currenciless society. My girlfriend tells me that's one of the endtime signs in the bible.

I'm probably way off base in all of my thoughts on this, but that's what conspiracy sites are for, crazy #ing ideas about all sorts of thing.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I reported this in 2004, how far off am I today in the current global economic crisis?

Apparently, what was taken as speculation then is not so far off at all now, especially considering the amount of existing threads dealing with the subject matter of a global bank and currency, as well as global financial regulations and international regulatory bodies.

top topics

join