It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

draft / illegals

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
There are too many people here now, we don't need more. Many people are poor and there is still too much unemployment. If it was up to me I would slam the doors shut for 10 years and assess the damage done already.

what are you talking about we have to many people??? have you ever been to montana??? plenty of room up there

oh and if was up to me..id kick people like you out and let people of a more caring nature come in and help make a better country..

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
What are you a recent immigrant?

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
nope born and bred 100% american....danish and german back round though....they emegrated here freely about 90 years ago...good thing to because otherwise i may have to live through the nazi germany b.s. good thing america was doing the right thing and letting people come here to escape hardships and improve there lives and build great communities built around their families and all the while making america a better place..

[Edited on 8-1-2004 by McGotti]

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by McGotti
good thing america was doing the right thing and letting people come here to escape hardships and improve there lives and build great communities built around their families and all the while making america a better place..

your ancestors came here LEGALLY!

why can others come ILLEGALLY???

you are bunch of (...) ...

i have NOTHING against ANYONE...(none ILLEAGLS)

I have EVERYTHING against the LAW BREAKING ILLEGALS!!!!

if they come LEGALLY then i am cool with that but ILLEGALS well...

SHIP THEM BACK TO THE OWN COUNTRIES!

--------------------------------
Edited odious reference

Please read ABOUT ATS: Vulgarity and The Automatic ATS Censors

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 9/8/07 by masqua]

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
yes russian,they came here legally.And if your powers of observation were a little better[or maybe its your grasp on english,dont we test you on that before we let you in]..the whole point of these threads were talking about somewhat legalizing illegal emegrants so they can work and live somewhat more mainstream...i was not just randomly spouting off at the mouth talking about why illegals should be allowed in..i did not start a thread named ""illegal emegrants..let them in legal or not" im saying everyones complaint is about them being "illegal" and because of that they dont pay taxes..so why not legalize them..then everyone wins..right??
unless you are simply racist against them i see no reason not to make tax paying citizens out of them.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by razorbackhater
i wonder in the bill s89, has anything to do with bush's illegal mexicans coming into the country and/or a coming draft?

Its quite possible. After all, anyone coming into the country with the intention of becoming a citizen has to register for selective service if they are within the relevant age range.

If the illegals are allowed to become citizens, then they will have to register for selective service too.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Russian

Originally posted by McGotti
good thing america was doing the right thing and letting people come here to escape hardships and improve there lives and build great communities built around their families and all the while making america a better place..

your ancestors came here LEGALLY!

why can others come ILLEGALLY???

you are bunch of (...) ...

i have NOTHING against ANYONE...(none ILLEAGLS)

I have EVERYTHING against the LAW BREAKING ILLEGALS!!!!

if they come LEGALLY then i am cool with that but ILLEGALS well...

SHIP THEM BACK TO THE OWN COUNTRIES!

See what I said?

"This bill just further pushes down American wages in a race to the bottom. And who's to blame? The repugnants. And what will this lead to? American unemployment, more racism ("them Mexicans are taking American jobs,"), more exploitation of the American worker and the darker peoples of the world.

This is ALL repugnant doings, people!"

-----------------------------
Edited vulgar language in quote

[edit on 9/8/07 by masqua]

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   
OK i dont get IT!!!

HOW ON THE EARTH WILL SOMEONE LEGALIZE SOMETHING ILLEGAL AND THAT IS NOT HELPING THEM!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
HELLO!!! Or should I say wake up!! Who do you think did the "work" before all the illegals showed up? We were a strong country and got along pretty well without their help, thank you! At least all the previous immigrants portrayed humility and pride to be living as Americans. They blended with the country, worked hard and learned English. It seems the "Border Bunch" is either illiterate or lazy. My guess is that they're arrogant and lazy. Great combo! They do not help this country, they have all but brought it to financial ruin with their "free" medical costs, in which a lot of hospitals have had to permantly close their doors. Our education system is in even more disaray trying to keep up with all the Spanish speakers. I've been a U. S. citizen now for some years and I'm proud to say that I am now an American. Shame on you border illegals. You invade and feed on this country like locust on a field of crops.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
have you lost your mind draft illegals. really do u want to train people illegally invading our country in the use of weapons. imagine after their tour they are sent back to mexico and train hundreds of others and they use that training to come across border in mass with arms who the hell would stop them

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4starsandstripes
HELLO!!! Or should I say wake up!! Who do you think did the "work" before all the illegals showed up? We were a strong country and got along pretty well without their help, thank you! At least all the previous immigrants portrayed humility and pride to be living as Americans. They blended with the country, worked hard and learned English. It seems the "Border Bunch" is either illiterate or lazy. My guess is that they're arrogant and lazy. Great combo! They do not help this country, they have all but brought it to financial ruin with their "free" medical costs, in which a lot of hospitals have had to permantly close their doors. Our education system is in even more disaray trying to keep up with all the Spanish speakers. I've been a U. S. citizen now for some years and I'm proud to say that I am now an American. Shame on you border illegals. You invade and feed on this country like locust on a field of crops.

Remember that the last amnesty was granted by your beloved Ronald Reagan. There will be another amnesty eventually. There is nothing you xenophobes can do to stop the Mexican"invasion". Look at the history of this country. The American southwest was once Mexico. We have been living here for a long time. We have also fought in all of America's wars. It's amazing just how hateful people are towards Mexicans. I'm sure you guys love tacos and cheap labor though. I love how we were supposedly attacked by Middle Easterners but all the fear and hate after 9/11 is directed at Mexicans.
Fear the brown planet.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Net, though I agree with Benjamin Franklin about not giving up essential liberties for temporary safety 100% ...

I will agree, I think Bush has that card up his sleeve. He would have been a whole lot smarter to present the bill in this way ... 'Hey there our Mexican comrades, if you want to stay in this country (or immigrate here), join our military and we will grant you naturalization! Sign up for a quick 8 years with an option of us renewing it if we are still at war, and we will help your family move here as well. Once we have the NAU fully established, our borders won't matter anyway!'

Seriously though ... whose is going to man his armies into Iran and Syria? I think he expected a whole lot more people to join the services and it backfired the grand plan, so they had to re-think it a bit. The american public is slowly coming out of its slumber, it may be too late for another attack to work in his favor this time without a draft.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4starsandstripes

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I can not believe that anyone will seriously consider this.

Having illegals drafted? When the country heavily opposes a draft for their own citizens? Talking about illegals doing the work that american citizens won't do.
There is plenty of reasons of why this is wrong, but just think about what serving your country means for one. And second how the US will be perceive by openly admiting that because there fail policies don't convince enough of it citizens to go and fight and die for, now we sign in up anybody that is in need of cash and benefits to go and fight and die for a country that is not their own.

I'm serving in the military, I have done the fight and getting ready to go again, I have seen legal resident alien, not citizens doing the fighting too, some of them have died without receiving the coveted ameican citizenship that they were aspiring to obtain when they join. I just find that so wrong in so many ways.

For any ameican citizen to suggest or approves drafting illegals as a way for them to obtain citizenship really need to do some soul searching in my opinion.

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

[edit on 9-8-2007 by Bunch]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join