It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the awkward question thread

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Name:Igor
Currently in: California, US
This fall will be in:Russia, the military to be exact
Kids?:never
Likes:Hot girls, my country, military, weaponry, animals, food, cars, and much much more
Pets: Ball python only currently, hopefully a German Shepherd soon
Favorite food: Russian food, Piroshki and shashliki to be exact
Topics of interest: World news, Anything related to Russia, space, nature, military, weaponry, mysterious stuff, almost anything interesting
Religion: None, except Karma
Hobbies: Shooting, training, running, weightlifting, knife throwing, boxing, drawing, rapping, working, hanging with friends, being with hot women, listening to music (mostly rap, but also DDT, Lube, Tsoy, and classical) sports, and when at home occassionally the computer
Favorite music:Rap
Jobs: Real Estate, will become a security gaurd in a few weeks

Wow, this thread has turned into a 'get to know members' thread, which isn't a bad idea. If requested, I can post a photo, too.

Peace

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Oh about the passing gas question, reminds me of when I was locked up, I had an Irish roommate who passed horrible gas SILENTLY. The whole cell would stink for a long time! And it made no noise, so I didn't know nerve gas had been released until it was too late

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
James
soon to be married
5 week old son
Carpentar
ats junky

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by roswell1

Originally posted by ConstantlyWondering
How do you become so literate and skillful in communicating at such a young age? Do you read a lot? Are you bored with school because it is to easy?

ok, yes I do read a lot I like to read Garth Nix's "Keys to the kingdom" series and Harry potter they are kind of the same so you can tell I like magic and conspiracies (how I found ATS)

The hardest thing in school for me is Maths but only because I don't know my times tables. In every other class, I do get bored sometimes. I'm sort of the opposite to every one else I know, I find English easy and maths hard but other people I know find maths easy and English hard so it can get a bit hard at times.

As for your first question I can't really answer that it is just how I am.

Roswell.

i am very much the same way in school im 2 grades higher in my english but im still on basic algebra for my math. hmm im 16 not single but not married(duh) real names clay for them people that wanna call me by that (since my username is rather long) i play video games read books by the gallons (favorite series: sword of truth terry goodkind) and goof off on my computer.

but jeez didnt know so many people here on ATS were so old

hmmm akward question eh?

i wanna know the individual ages of the 3 amigos!

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by adamiskthespacepirateking

but jeez didnt know so many people here on ATS were so old

Hey! Watch it, you young whippersnapper!

Actually there are many people from all age groups here. from around 11 or 12 to the old geezers that won't say just how old they are. (No, I'm not one of those - yet)

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
speaking of passing gas...

why is it okay for a fart to smell bad when you're the one who did it, but if your wife does it, then you raise 9 kinds of H3ll about it
:shk::shk::shk:

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

why is it okay for a fart to smell bad when you're the one who did it, but if your wife does it, then you raise 9 kinds of H3ll about it

Usually (not always) the one who "dealt it" does not take as great offense to it. Goes both ways, perhaps the wife doesn't mind her own personal fragrance, either - but is highly offended by that of the other half.

*wish there was a smiley holding his nose* This one will do in the meantime...

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I read something once about how, since it's their own bacteria, the smell isn't offensive to the originator.

I'm just glad we don't have better noses than we do and our society doesn't claim ownership of things by scent marking.

That would be nasty.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   
There may also be an element of pride involved as well. If I drop one that is extremely aromatic, and sounds like the horn from the Ricola commercial then I take a deep inhale, and pound my chest.

Name is already known, just search.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Well I'm 19 years old, male, and my real name is Aaron

If anyone wants to look deeper:
www.myspace.com...
Most of my decent posts show my passion in life is Martial Arts. Currently a Pro Thai Boxer, but will hopefully expand into Pro Mixed Martial Arts (Cage Fighting, think UFC).

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Not true that folks won't listen to you just because you're young. If you've got things to say, and can say them in a way that DOESN'T make you sounds like a complete fool, then people won't judge you for your age

Heck, I was 11 when I joined, look at me now! Granted, I WAS a complete idiot when I joined, and I'm none too proud of my...*ahem*...earlier works...hehe.

You, on the other hand, seem to be quite suited for ATS life.

Cheers.

--Kit.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oni-Kage
Currently a Pro Thai Boxer, but will hopefully expand into Pro Mixed Martial Arts (Cage Fighting, think UFC).

I would totally be an MMA fighter if it weren't for the ear thing. I like my ears the way they are, and would be a little freaked out if they turned into these

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
awkward question to ask them ear guys CAN YOU HEAR OUTTA THEM?! lol

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Well so far my ears are all good! lol. Only 1 scar so far, good going!

Check it out :p What a Thai kick to the face does to ya lol.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32

*wish there was a smiley holding his nose* This one will do in the meantime...

best i could find:

they were the only ones that had anything to do with farting.

Roswell.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 05:16 AM
link   

My question is, and seriously no one has to answer it's just one I've wanted to ask, when you fart do you lift a butt cheek and let it rip or try to be sly and silent?

Well it depends on the company. If she's good looking, it has to be silent.

When my cat sleeps on my bed and pushes me off the hot water bottle then I wait for morning and let out the loudest scariest one possible and watch my cat jump.

Oh yeah I'm a big kid. 47 now. Huh you're all just youngsters here. Sadly single. Who'd have an old wreck like me?

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
ok,

this isn't really an awkward question but just one you wouldn't normally ask.

what is your favorite color?

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Huh. On my monitor your ava is coming across as cornflower blue.

My favorite color is also purple in general. But specifically, it's the color of a clear sky in summer just after the sun goes down. That deep purple blue. I never saw that color in the European night sky. I've only seen it here in California. Maybe it's a wavelength thing.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
Huh. On my monitor your avatar is coming across as cornflower blue.

yeah well i thought it looked more purple. either way thats my favorite color.

Roswell.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Name: well I don't fell like saying it
Origin: Brazil
Currently in: U.S.A
Future Occupation: Air Force

<< 1    3 >>

join