It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airbus hits sales jackpot

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Canada_EH

I completely agree with that statement. The 747 in all versions only reached 631 built airframes. 400 airframes is a long haul number that is only open to speculation at this point as to if it will happen or not. If it reaches and finds its fit in aviation it will be built in numbers that will come close to or surpass that 400 number but then again its all what ifs.

Is there some special timeframe on the 631 number?

According to Boeing, 1385 747s have been delivered in the life of the design, with 1505 orders placed during that time (some still to be delivered).

If you cut it down to the last 20 years (May 1987 to May 2007) you have 732 747s ordered, 710 delivered.

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Holy cow!

The latest totals of business announced at the Paris show for Airbus now stands at -

In addition to the firm orders, Airbus said it received new commitments this week for a total of 303 aircraft.
Overall, its orders, including firm deals and commitments, totaled more than US $88 billion (euro65.4 billion) at catalog prices, though airlines routinely negotiate deep discounts.

That was well above the US$33.5 billion Airbus announced at the last Paris Air Show, in 2005, also based on list price.

- Sales numbers have also recovered markedly -

This year's show put Airbus ahead of Boeing in terms of total orders so far this year, with Airbus at 626 and Boeing at 510.
Airbus led Boeing on sales for several years but fell behind in 2006.

link

- I hear the total of A380s sold has now risen from 3 ot 8, slightly better but not stellar.
I reckon it's in for the long haul (no pun intended) now, it'll sell well but take it's time to gather pace I reckon.

[edit on 24-6-2007 by sminkeypinkey]

<< 1   >>

join