It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa Apollo Moon pictures take a bath

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   

If you look his shadow is opposite of the light source, you have to remember his visor is bubble shaped.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I can't find them right now, but there ARE pictures from the moon where the astronauts have multiple shadows in the same picture.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
biggie smalls,

I've been thinking about the shadow in the visor, and I have come to the conclusion it may be correct after all.

But as you point out the light source which is coming from the right should be not only casting his shadow to the left of the image but also making a reflection in the visor. The amount of sunlight falling on material above the visor would suggest there is direct sunlight hitting the visor, which should be visible in the reflection.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls

If there was a shadow in front of Buzz, why is there no light source behind him (not in this photo anyway)?

If the sun is to his left, why is his shadow not casting to the right?

Seems to me there's some funky things going on.

[edit on 21-6-2007 by biggie smalls]

If you look at the picture, his shadow is NOT in front of him. The shadow is to the right, opposite of the light source to his left.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yandros

Ok I just wanted to bump this up so I can clarify.

In Buzz's visor there is a picture of a shadow reflecting away from him. Wouldn't this mean there should be a light source from behind him so that he has a shadow in front of him?

In the picture, there is only one light source- to his left (right in the picture). There should be a shadow casting to the opposite side (his right our left).

This is simply not the case.

Please enlighten me if I'm wrong and don't know how shadows cast.

I must have failed the 1st grade.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AMANNAMEDQUEST

Originally posted by biggie smalls

If there was a shadow in front of Buzz, why is there no light source behind him (not in this photo anyway)?

If the sun is to his left, why is his shadow not casting to the right?

Seems to me there's some funky things going on.

If you look at the picture, his shadow is NOT in front of him. The shadow is to the right, opposite of the light source to his left.

No I'm going to have to disagree.

In his visor it is directly in front of him (maybe slightly to the left of him, but still in front).

There is no shadow casting to his right like there should be.

Notice how the left side of his body is all lit up...

Where's his shadow?

Have we discovered a new kind of human that doesn't cast a shadow?

Or are we all being fooled?

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
OK I have another question.

If Armstrong was using a tripod with a light source, where is that light?

I only see the one from his left still.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   

If you look his shadow is opposite of the light source, you have to remember his visor is bubble shaped.

Ok then I have another question.

Look in Buzz's visor.

In the background there are a few stakes.

Why is their shadow pointing to the right when the rest of the shadows seem to go left?

Does the sun happen to be at a precise angle to cast these shadows or were there other lighting?

The lander seems to be casting a different angled shadow too.

What is really going on?

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
The shadow is right there where it should be. You have to also realize his visor is round not flat. I cannot see anything out of the ordinary. I think you may have high hopes in that the moon landing is fake and that no amount of evidence that says we did will sway you.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
here's a much higher res (with more in shot) version:

edit: and it really looks like theyre walking in clay / mud to leave footprints like those.

[edit on 21-6-2007 by Shar_Chi]

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   

The shadow is right there where it should be. You have to also realize his visor is round not flat. I cannot see anything out of the ordinary. I think you may have high hopes in that the moon landing is fake and that no amount of evidence that says we did will sway you.

You are misunderstanding me. I am pretty sure we landed on the moon.

I just don't think what we see on tv and what NASA releases is the whole truth.

There are things on the moon that can't be explained away, but NASA turns a blind eye.

We are not being told the whole truth.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
The shadow directions are from perspective.

I think I have this all figured out now. The photo looks to be correct in its basic details. All except the obvious fact that the light source is not the sun, it is a studio light of some nature casting from above with non-uniform intensity.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
ahaha if u thought the above was good... explain this one away...

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Explain what away? Tell me what you see that I don't.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
the comparative length of their cast shadows.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
The shadow lengths.

If the ligtht source were the sun then they would both the be the same. But the guy closer to the light source has twice the length of shadow as the guy further.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
wait! If thats buzz and Armstrong in the photo and Collins is on the shuttle, who is taking the picture?

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
The hot spot is directly behind his head (in the visor). In fact it's just slightly smaller than his head such that it makes a near halo. If the point source of light (presumably the Sun) was not directly behind him, we wouldn't see it being hidden by his helmet, istm.

[edit on 21-6-2007 by Badge01]

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   

wait! If thats buzz and Armstrong in the photo and Collins is on the shuttle, who is taking the picture?

Excuse me, but you're confused.

There was no 'shuttle' on this mission.

Supposedly the Hasselblad camera was affixed to the chest of the one taking the picture, if that's what you mean. So that would have been the person who is a tiny white figure reflected in the visor.

He is effectively taking a (small) picture of himself, CSI-style, LOL.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Does everyone not see the obvious shadow does not match what is in the visor?

farm2.static.flickr.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join