It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon Hoax? - NASA built huge hard vacuum chamber just before Apollo 11 and decommissioned it 1975

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Watch how they fall! These guys are acrobats or astronauts?

You act as if the two are mutually exclusive. Astronauts kind of have to take agility, balance and zero-g training. Not to mention they have had to log hours upon hours in their suit simulators and in neutral buoyancy tanks to ensure that they aren't left like a turtle on its back in the event of a fall. Additionally, the low gravity, low density atmosphere makes it so that if falling (more slowly than on earth) you can stop yourself and change direction using less force or power from your legs or trunk. This all translates to what looks to be perfect reaction times and acrobatic displays, but in reality it's just what a human is capable of in a radically different environment with state-of-the-art training.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
We landed on the moon, to think other wise would be like denying a significant part of history. Such as the holocaust. I bet it was filmed in a studio also...

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Comparing Nazi Germany with the moon-faking is very disgusting.

But Making 'Nazi' Werner Von Braun and al the other scientist "rocket men of the USA" is very real.

So certainly there is a link between those two things.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by webstra
But Making 'Nazi' Werner Von Braun and al the other scientist "rocket men of the USA" is very real.

In the sense that scientists who used to be affiliated with the Nazi party switched over to the US to pursue their interests in studying and creating more efficient rocket propulsion technologies. Little else.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
You can find the american flag on the moon with a telescope.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Debater

If you have such a picture please post it.

jra

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Debater

No you can't. No Earth based telescope or Earth orbiting telescope (ie, Hubble) can see any of the Apollo artifacts on the Moon. The only way to do so is to have a probe in Lunar orbit with a high res camera (like the up and coming LRO) or to build a giant +200m diameter telescope on Earth (probably larger) to resolve the small artifacts.

[edit on 22-6-2007 by jra]

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
Going back to the original post, why would you think it sinister that NASA was operationg a huge vacuum chamber during the Apollo project? They used that vacuum chamber to test the equipment for the rigors of spaceflight. In fact I would have been more suprised if you told me NASA DIDN'T operate a large vacuum chamber duing the Apollo years.

I have found no instance in which it is stated that Apollo hardware was tested in this chamber. If you find a written documentation of such a test please post it.

Update on the facility:

Nuclear propulsion program cutbacks to adjust to NASA budget reductions in 1973 brought a decision to phase down most of the Plum Brook facilities. The Space Power Facility-one of the world's largest space environment simulation chambers, equipped with a solar simulation system, instrumentation, and data-acquisition facilities-was kept in operation for use by other Government agencies. The Air Force, Navy, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, and Energy Research and Development Administration indicated possible interest in using the facilities.
source: history.nasa.gov... page [154]

[edit on 22-6-2007 by Yandros]

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Very so. Im sorry I had to make such a comparison.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop

I could be wrong here, but I think you missed the point. We're not focused on the flag waving, but rather that it looks like it is made of paper mache as it spins round it's axis.

You right on Zarni
Its something they all missed... Even on a wire, the bottom of the flag would change when manhandled... they don't... and all these years I missed that... kids have such wonderful eyesight LOL

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainJailewAstronauts kind of have to take agility, balance and zero-g training.

Its not zero G on the Moon... that first rise look at the angle of his body and feet and without the offered hand he stands up from that angle...

Sorry... not buying "agility and super training" on that one... I will go with either wire in a studio or magic... either one would produce those results

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   
It's not zero-g on the moon, but how are they gonna get there? They have some kind of gravity machine on the ships? If you don't train for zero-g then you're not going to know how to handle it on the way to the moon.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
It's not zero-g on the moon, but how are they gonna get there? They have some kind of gravity machine on the ships? If you don't train for zero-g then you're not going to know how to handle it on the way to the moon.

That was not the point in question... the question was regarding the amazing way the astronauts got to their feet in the video

:shk:

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Stupid me! I forgot that it's ok for others to mention zero-g and how the moon isn't, but it's NOT ok for me to say anything about it, since it doesn't relate to anything! I'll remember that in the future.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

Ah my mistake, you see I was pretty sure the Captain was responding to my post, which was about the acrobatics on the moon... forgive me..

Oh wait! He was

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
He was, wasn't he. (2 votes for he was)

[edit on 22-6-2007 by Cydonian Priest]

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cydonian Priest

Very so. Im sorry I had to make such a comparison.

Realising,admitting and confirming your own mistakes is a brave thing.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
what about the flag moving with the wind, theres no wind on the moon

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by 009andahalf
what about the flag moving with the wind, theres no wind on the moon

Are you sure about that?

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
does the observance of the 'flag waving in the wind' not contradict that it was 'filmed in a vaccum chamber'?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join