It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manuscript Shows Isaac Newton Calculated Date of Apocalypse

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

and thats exactly what i was applauding,
your pointing out that this document isn't some new found revelation
is the 'levity' and 'balance' that i saw as being needed

in the threads seeming rush to glamorize the public presentation of Newtons' personal consuming need of delveing into the hidden and arcane levels of the 'Word'...

i actually think this stuff reveals the character trait of being obsessive & compulsive, on Newtons' part

Understood. Thanks. I think you are right on the money when it comes to Newton being obsessive compulsive. I read where he would lock himself away for months with little outside contact while he worked on his various projects.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Head honcho of the Priori de Sion - he had access to a lot of secrets.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
So Isaac Newton calculated the date of the Apocalypse hey. That must be about the millionth apocalypse prediction now. You would have to believe the law of average would mean someone would get it right sooner or later. Might as well be good old Isaac.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Glad to see we have a healthy discussion in the works here. Sorry I have not yet jumped into the frey of my own thread... last I checked there were no posts but mine!

Many of you have brought up great points. I'll try to touch on some of them.

I'm glad that you all realize that this is not new knowledge. The wording on the FOX article makes it seem as though this is breaking news, when in fact, it has been known that Newton wrote this for a long time. The general public simply hadn't got the memo until now.

I also agree with some of you that the end of the world is not likely to be accurately predicted so far in advance. I have no doubt that the world will end someday - we do live in a world of atrophy. But predicting such a thing so far ahead of time is almost nonsense. The world will probably be able to predict the end of the world a year or so before it really does happen, because the world will be able to see the chain of events leading up to it not so far away. However, a claim that the world will end 10, 20, or 50 years away is preposterous in a sense.

This kind of behavior on the part of Newton does suggest an obsessive/compulsive attitude toward the subject. Newton was obviously a brilliant, rational man. So why would he give so much attention to this? As someone pointed out, he did have access to hidden knowledge - did he know something that the world didn't that sparked him into this hobby? Or is this just a quirky side-effect of brilliance, as displayed by so many of our other brilliant men in history? Can anyone provide some insight to what Newton may have known or had access to?

Regardless of what was on Newton's mind, I think the real issue here as it applies to the present is timing. Why release this info en masse now? It seems to me that this has to be propaganda of some kind. What they (whoever they are) hope to achieve via this propaganda, I have no idea - only speculation.

I'm looking forward to a thorough review of the wittings, and research into why this info has been pushed under the rug.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 05:18 AM
link   
maybe I am growing too cynical , BUT

why are people taking this ` revelation ` any more seriously that all the others ?

could it be an appeal to authority ?

now i am geting cynical , because religious fundamentalists have for years attacked and derided science , because its findings challenged thier dogmas

but suddenly they love it ? chuffing hypocrites

a big hint for christians is thier own bible - which clearly states that no one knows the date of the endtimes

now they " believe " science ............... when it suits them , even though it actually contradicts thier own dogma

priceless

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax

Originally posted by stumason

Originally posted by DaRAGE
So isaac newton wrote english did he?

unbelievable...

I'm trying to decide if your being humorous or not...

I mean, the guy was English and went to Oxford University after all. I would be surprised if he didn't speak English

Well, it was common for scholars in those days to write in Latin, no matter what language they spoke.

Newton's greatest work, the Principia, was (as its title implies) written in Latin.

Note that DaRAGE didn't say anything about Sir Isaac speaking English.

[edit on 20-6-2007 by Astyanax]

ACtually yeah thanks alot ;-P

I actually thought isaac newton was around ancient greek/roman times and wrote in latin when isaac noticed that damn apple bump his head.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by hippichick
Head honcho of the Priori de Sion - he had access to a lot of secrets.

"More input Stephanie!" - Johnny 5, "Short Circuit"

What can you tell us about Priori de Sion? I've not heard of it before, and it sounds interesting. (Your post was what I was talking about when I said Newton was plugged into hidden knowledge)

Shed some light?

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Popeyed Ike

Originally posted by Sparky63
I think you are right on the money when it comes to Newton being obsessive compulsive. I read where he would lock himself away for months...

And not eat.

Did you ever read or hear about the time he popped one of his eyes out of its socket with a knitting-needle just to see what that would do to his vision?

You can read the story (which is true, apparently) in Neal Stephenson's monumental work The System of the World (which is fiction). I think it's in the first volume, Quicksilver, though I'm not one hundred percent certain of that.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
That's great!! I just predict that the beast's new World Order's gonna happen before 2025, like Tim LaHaye said in "Mindsiege"

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I thought my writing was sloppy, man thats some bad technique.

I don't buy the document. Greater things have been faked. Why would he even bother with this gibberish other than to joke?

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Balboa

Newton was a Creationist, he believed the world to be around 6000 years old. He was a Scientist and is well known for his Gravity Laws. his biggest Passion in life was the Bible Code, he never figured it out but he said he knew there was a code in the Bible. We today have some saying Newton was right about the code, who knows...

Newton predicted 2060 huh, that seems stupid to me really, and doesn't line up with any of he prophecies, I would be interested in knowing when he thought the 1260 years started and ended...

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
From the text i can make out it seems to be written in a modern style of English, but shouldn't a document of this supposed age be written in what we describe as olde English?

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by damajikninja

Priory of Sion on Wikipedia
another description
yet another description

Looks like da Vinci was a grand master of the society. They were also involved in one form or another with the Knight Templars and the Merowingians. Interesting... except that they were a hoax.

Edit: scratch the "probably"... that whole story was indeed a hoax.
[edit on 17/1/2009 by Swordbeast]

[edit on 17/1/2009 by Swordbeast]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
You know what gets me about all these prophecies? when they come to light, people run around worrying, researching, planning, how are these prophecies predicted? what calculations are carried out? what visions? where do they come from?

IMO its a fruitless exercise, if these prophecies are for instance really from God or another supreme being, then all the research, and preparedness in the World, will not prevent it, it is my belief that for a true prophecy to come true, then it has to be set in stone, it will happen if that is what supposed visions are meant for, there will be no Agent with 24 hours to save the World, life is not a movie where the clock is stopped with 007 on the timer, or where the saviour will be saved at the last second, and all is well.

Man can not and never will be able to prevent the will and wishes of the creator, and I am not preaching here, Mankind has always had this need to be able to conquer anything thrown in their path, but in reality that is so far from the truth, man has never conquered anything natural, we only think we have, all man can prevent is man made, anything that comes from nature we struggle, sure we can adapt and have done extremely well to survive spectacular events like Tornadoes, Hurricanes, Floods, Volcanic eruptions, Earthquakes, but we have never ever conquered them, we simply run away or move away as quickly as we can, those who stay very often perish.

So like Isaac Newton, I also predict the end of the Human race, the Earth will remain so the World will not end for a very long time, when will this happen? well whenever we wish really, because we have the capability to destroy everyone on Earth right now, when will nature get rid of the Human race? right now, she has already begun to rid the Earth of it's destroyers, she is in no hurry, we as a race are aware of this, but yet we still fight over what if any action to try and take, therefore achieving zero.

So we know it's coming, but we still argue and fight over it, does anyone expect a different result?

One day every single one of us will get to know what is after this existence, not a single exception to that rule, rich or poor, we all end up the same, pity we don't live that way now.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
It's interesting that our modern perspective on Newton is that it's in some way odd for him to be both a scientist AND spiritually passionate. Actually it's hardly rare even now.

What's also possible, of course, is for someone to be both a scientist and wrong.

I've always had my doubts about people's enthusiasm for Newton's genius, actually. If you push something it will move until it stops. There is a force acting on this apple to make it fall to the ground. Wow. No one could have thought of that.

I'm being glib, of course, but my point is the one thing that is fascinating about this story is that it offers another insight into the way Newton's mind works - and it is being able to interpret how Newton's mind works through the things that he discovered and the work he completed that make his science so fascinating, to my mind.

LW

top topics

<< 1   >>

join