It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inter-species clones backed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Inter-species clones backed

uk.reuters.com

Making human-animal embryos for scientific experiments should be allowed because of the benefits to science and medicine, British experts said in a report released for Sunday.

Such embryos should never, however, be implanted into either a woman or an animal, said the Academy of Medical Sciences.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.mirror.co.uk
uk.news.yahoo.com

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 05:07 AM
link   
This is a highly controversial subject in my opinion. Personally I'm against animal experimentation AND human experimentation. Where do we draw the line? As soon as these clone experiments are given the go ahead, the system is likely to be abused and god knows what kind of abominations will be created behind closed doors.

uk.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 18/6/07 by thebox]

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 05:20 AM
link   
The fact that there are "scientists" creating ever more deadly and terrifying ways of killing people - bio weapons capable of attacking particular gene make-up / ethnicity etc - makes me believe they have probably also been dabbling with this sort of stuff for quite a while.
That's what I found so outrageously hypocritical during the Iraq invasion, where Iraqi chem / bio weapons scientists were branded as evildoers, whereas our own people doing more scary work are somehow paragons of humanity.

I'm all for leaving natural issues well alone and can't help thinking that all this dabbling in genetics, human / animal / plant life will be the death of us all someday.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
The fact that there are "scientists" creating ever more deadly and terrifying ways of killing people - bio weapons capable of attacking particular gene make-up / ethnicity etc - makes me believe they have probably also been dabbling with this sort of stuff for quite a while.

That's what worries me. If we are to give credence to even 1% of the conspiracy theories out there then the atrocities being carried out by man are mind-numbing.

The fact that this inter-species cloning has been publicly voiced is a sure sign that it's been in the works for some time.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Iam getting a horrible "Island of Dr. Moreau" feeling about this.What could you possible need to create a human animal hybrid for? Experiment for what?How does this better the human race. It's twisted and sick in my mind.I too believe this has probably already been going on for years.Disclosure of more than UFO's and aliens may be upon us.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
Iam getting a horrible "Island of Dr. Moreau" feeling about this.

I second that, this is getting quite out of hand, it makes me sick to think what could be getting engineered in these labs. what kind of freakish invention could be laying in a lab cage somewhere???

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Well hopefully nothing like this (Dulce base) -

"Level 6 is privately called 'Nightmare Hall'. It holds the genetic labs. Here are experiments done on fish, seals, birds, and mice that are vastly altered from their original forms. There are multi-armed and multi-legged humans and several cages [and vats] of humanoid bat-like creatures up to 7-feet tall."

"...LEVEL #7 is the worst. Row after row of 1,000's of humans & human-mixture remains in cold storage. Here too are embryos of humanoids in various stages of development. Also, many human childrens' remains in storage vats. Who are [were] these people?"

The Dulce Book

God help us if any of this is true.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I remember reading an article a few years ago about "missing people" and where they go. Sure, there are many who meet an untimely end at the hands of murderers and criminals and end up somewhere remote in a shallow grave but that leaves many more simply unacounted for, as if they just dropped off the planet.

I get the impression that a lot of experimentation these days has no discernible benefit to mankind but it's the scientific community just showing off, justifying their own existence and funding. Governments have always used us as guinea pigs for experiments anyway, although I sometimes wonder if the talking heads who we are told run the country are actually privy to these deeds.
An example is the MoD spraying of Cadmium, and who knows what else, across populated areas in the late 60's, and early 70's (I think, have to read up on that again) across parts of East Anglia. The population of some of those affected areas today have the highest instances of various forms of cancers, 5 times the norm.

I am more scared of what our own western crazies are doing than some fictitious Arab bogeyman I am told hates me for my "freedoms"

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by thebox
Well hopefully nothing like this (Dulce base) -

The Dulce Book

God help us if any of this is true.
Thebox- I just read 3 of the chapters in the link you posted.My god is that for real?I mean I always had my suspicions about such things but I always hoped I was horribly wrong.This is very scary stuff!

Mod Edit: Trimmed quote

[edit on 6/18/07 by FredT]

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I want to see the talkings monkeys. I wouldn't be surprised if they had these already in some underground base somewhere in the world.

If you were trying to get another animal to talk, you would choose a monkey wouldn't you, because it was close to us.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Its a two edged sword. If the government does not step in an regulate the practice you can have frightening outcomes. If they they go overboard and ban the process, you just push the research underground and no regulation will occur at all.

Its a slipperslope no matter what approach you take IMHO

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
First of all these 'hybrids' are when it comes down to it nothing but lumps of biological
material.

Secondly these experiments are being done to further medical science, therefore
helping humanity

Thirdly, even if these embryos were implanted into a female, they would either not develop,
or would come out normal, as they are only hybrids on a specific cellular level, not a total level.

It's things like this that really piss me off, since it makes pis me off, since people over
react and don't know squat about the basics of the research and label science and scientists as evil.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
www.thewatcherfiles.com...
Here's the complete book.

What makes me mad is these scientists are playing God- Do not tamper with nature and life without knowing the full consequences of your actions.

Book of Jasher-
www.sacred-texts.com...

-source- www.sacred-texts.com...

16 And all the sons of men departed from the ways of the Lord in those days as they multiplied upon the face of the earth with sons and daughters, and they taught one another their evil practices and they continued sinning against the Lord.

17 And every man made unto himself a god, and they robbed and plundered every man his neighbor as well as his relative, and they corrupted the earth, and the earth was filled with violence.

18 And their judges and rulers went to the daughters of men and took their wives by force from their husbands according to their choice, and the sons of men in those days took from the cattle of the earth, the beasts of the field and the fowls of the air, and taught the mixture of animals of one species with the other, in order therewith to provoke the Lord; and God saw the whole earth and it was corrupt, for all flesh had corrupted its ways upon earth, all men and all animals.
= Great Flood
-----------------------

This is what happens when man fools with mother nature.

[edit on 6/18/2007 by Leyla]

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Now I know how I got the nickname "Mule"! I always thought I was special.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Well, I'm fairly confident that cloning will be much more openly accepted in the coming years (um, I'm not saying whether or not I actually agree with it, that's another subject) because we'd be fools to think that it's not going on, albeit under wraps.

I believe that the major controversy dealing with cloning will not be if it is moral, but rather if clones have souls.
Should they be treated as equal life forms, worthy of the same rights as any other living thing?

I'm picturing a huge issue between cloning rights groups and the Vatican.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
Thebox- I just read 3 of the chapters in the link you posted.My god is that for real?I mean I always had my suspicions about such things but I always hoped I was horribly wrong.This is very scary stuff!

Like I said, hopefully it ISN'T real.

Statistics like this disturb me though -

“…A child goes missing every 40 seconds in the U.S, over 2,100 per day

In excess of 800,000 children are reported missing each year while

Another 500,000 go missing without ever being reported…”

Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (OJJDP)

Source

Of course these are just rough estimates. The true figures could be lower of even more worryingly, higher.

One must consider the fact that many of these kids do show up in the end but still, we are talking *huge* figures here. What happens to these children? And what of children who are born on the "black market" (as it were)? Those births aren't even recorded to BE reported.

Maybe the idea of the Dulce base is an attempt to answer these kinds of questions. But I do fear something horrible is happening behind closed doors. (I hope I'm wrong)

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Even if you eliminate the children abducted by parents and sickos, leaves a lot to wonder.There can't be that many sex offenders out there.Of course there are those sold on the black market and for prostitution.There are also thousands of adults go missing too.Aside from the usual how to explain that? But I'm getting off topic here.Sorry.

top topics

join