It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Sighting in Belarus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Hi everyone,

Ive been watching this site for some time now and guess i should try and make a contribution....

I stumbled accross this today ... couldnt find it anywhere else on here.... so check it out!

englishrussia.com...

ttfn

al

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this! Good find.

Ah, the old wildly-out-of-focus-point-of-light-in-the-sky gag...

A true classic.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   
XD

i just thought it was interesting at the end.

but yuz... outta focuz

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Before the second bottle of Vodka ends,
Let the Venus shine like a diamond...

[edit on 18-6-2007 by manastin]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Hmm I must admit that is odd...I'm glad he eventually zoomed out to put the object into context, at first you can't even tell if its in the sky. Any ideas on what it might be? Also can anyone get a translation so we can know what they are saying?

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAttackPeople
Ah, the old wildly-out-of-focus-point-of-light-in-the-sky gag...

A true classic.

Since when do out-of-focus objects generate perfect squares with distinct edges and a perfect circle in the middle?

You can clearly see when the camera goes out of focus, it just turns to a blur. This, however, is a square shaped object in the sky.

As to where the object is from, I won't comment because I don't know.

2c

[edit on 29-6-2007 by koenw]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by koenw

Since when do out-of-focus objects generate perfect squares with distinct edges and a perfect circle in the middle?

Since the advent of photography. It is common knowledge that far-out-of-focus point lights take on the characteristics of the camera optics, particuarly the iris shape.

Start your learning here: photography.about.com...

The Iris
The aperture is usually formed by a number of metal blades (sometimes called an iris.) These are hinged so they can swing to increase or decrease the size of the hole between them.
At their widest, the blades usually do not obstruct the path of light through the lens at all - the lens is said to be at full aperture.

Boke
The number of blades and the shape of the aperture they make differ in different cameras, including diamond shapes, hexagons, heptagons and more, although we normally think of the iris as a circle. The different shapes are sometimes noticeable in the way that small bright highlights give stars of light, and in the shapes of flare we get when bright light sources such as the sun actually shine on the lens. Although it is hard to explain why, odd numbers of blades give a better effect. The shape also affects the rendering of out-of -focus areas; some people talk about the different effects in terms of the 'boke' (a Japanese term, pronounced 'boak-er', and sometimes spelt 'bokeh' as a reminder of this) of the lens. However, the spherical aberration of the lens is also vital in this.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAttackPeople
Since the advent of photography...

Forgive me for dismissing your explanation in my previous post.
I always assumed that out of focus object were blurred and did not have any distinct characteristics.

I appreciate the extensive reply and thank you for correcting me

[edit on 29-6-2007 by koenw]

new topics

top topics

join