It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are '9-11 by Muslim Extremists' racists?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Why do so many people want to believe that terrorists within our own government and their associates around the world aren't responsible for the events of 9-11?

Why does the 'anti-truth' movement want Muslim extremists to be the guilty party so badly?

Why is it such a far-fetched idea that there were terrorists involved in the attacks of 9-11, but they are not part of the groups that are being blamed? (If those groups even exist as described. Defending your country from invaders does not make you a terrorist- the US fought the British off of our soil before.)

Why have we bought into so many lies that the United States government has given us for a war against Iraq that never had any truth behind them?

I would rather believe that the United States and the people that have enough money and power to change the world, and the means to pull off such an attack, be responsible for the 9-11 attacks on America. They are certainly getting everything they could have possibly wanted as a result of them.

[edit on 6/17/2007 by Spoodily]

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 02:48 AM
link   
People are in love with conspiracies and are willing to believe anything in order to follow one. It's just another way of showing how gullible people are.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I don't know why conspiracies as a whole are looked down upon by society. Society seems to cast those who would think that JFK's assassination and/or 9-11 could have been inside jobs as delusional.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kingdrakethe3rd
I don't know why conspiracies as a whole are looked down upon by society. Society seems to cast those who would think that JFK's assassination and/or 9-11 could have been inside jobs as delusional.

Agreed, isn't an investigation part of the trial? Seems like we just point, accuse and punish anymore.

We have been taught to think that if you have any questions, you are crazy or with the 'enemy'.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I hate the fact that questioning your government now gets you labeled a 'conspiracy theorist' (and worse), and all the problems that come from being labeled and stereotyped. Labels are counter-productive and can be, and are, used against you.

I'm NOT a 'CTer', I am a concerned citizen who believes questioning your government is a collective responsibility every citizen who cares about their world, their country, their neighbourhood and their neighbours should abide by, and if you don't you are as guilty as the government for all its wrong doings. Nobody is innocent.
The act of not questioning is what gives the government the power it shouldn't have.

They are supposed to be there for us, not us for them.

[edit on 17/6/2007 by ANOK]

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 03:22 AM
link   
ANOK, I agree.

I keep thinking about Nazi Germany and the group of Jews that were probably saying 'This doesn't seem right.' Maybe if they stood up and said NO!, the holocaust would have never happened.

They probably got told they were crazy also and that the government would never do something that terrible to its people for a 'greater good'.

The 'greater good' depends on who you are and which side of the gun you are on.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ironside
People are in love with conspiracies and are willing to believe anything in order to follow one. It's just another way of showing how gullible people are.

You mean like the one that Muslim extremists were solely responsible for the 9-11 attacks and that Iraq has weapons of mass destruction? Those are absurd, I agree.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spoodily
...I keep thinking about Nazi Germany and the group of Jews that were probably saying 'This doesn't seem right.'....

Yeah that same thought passes through my head quit often on ATS. People forget that history does repeat, especially if we keep repeating the same mistakes. Mistakes that allow people like hitler to rise to power.

It's typical apathy and blind acceptance of authority, that is perpetuated by the state and it's media mouthpiece, that kept people from speaking out, just like today.

Yes a lot of Germans refused to believe their government was exterminating people, until the day they were forced to see it for themselves. Why is it that such a huge lesson can be so easily forgotten, or even not realised.

Never take your government for granted, always question, never trust.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Seems like no one likes talking about this unless there is a video to analyze to death. Real world discussions are too much for the 'anti-truth' movement because it requires actual thought and reasoning.

I laid out several questions and no one has countered me yet.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Well I think we both know most people really don't think. They get their opinions and thoughts from media sound bites, and then repeat them as gospel without a thought. Lefties repeat their latest parties campaign garbage, and the righties goose-step along no questions asked.

Most people are so anxious to fit in and be 'normal', they'll believe anything as long as their peers do, again without question. The state does a very good job at manipulating societies collective emotions, which it uses to force a certain mindset on it. And of course the private sector does the same to convince society it needs the latest training shoes to be considered 'normal', and to fit in.
Puppets on invisible strings. Slaves to the consumer system. Work, consume, work, die. Sad thing is society just eats it up, giddy on flashy garbage and fake respect bought with cash. Instant pleasure, but an empty life.

How gullible people really are, even when it's pointed out most don't get it. Or don't want too. Cause it's not 'normal'.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I agree with you 100% Spoodily and ANOK.

It's a shame that people are conditioned into slaves and doesn't even realize it.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 07:16 AM
link   
If your are skeptical toward unproven theories you're now labled an "anti-truther?" How ironic. One who searches for the truth looks at ALL evidence and draws their own conclusion based on facts.

"Truthers" typically are the ones that latch onto any soundbite that youtube or google has out there.

I am 100% behind questioning our government. But question them with cold hard facts. Like....why is this GROUND WAR costing BILLIONS of dollars and thousands of deaths.

Anyway, i respect some of those involved in seeking the truth. It unfortunate that some have their minds made up though that 911 was an inside job without facts to back them up.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I knew it was something going on the day it happened when I watched wtc 7 collapse at 5:20. I also suspected something else was going on when I heard the president state "You are either with us, or your with the terrorists". I believe that alot of the war mongers are racists who are just to hypnotized to see beyond the lies on the tv screens.

[edit on 6/17/2007 by Amazon Lights]

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainObvious
"Truthers" typically are the ones that latch onto any soundbite that youtube or google has out there.

Or people that use deductive reasoning and know when to call a spade a spade.

No one has anwered any of my questions yet.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainObvious
I am 100% behind questioning our government. But question them with cold hard facts. Like....why is this GROUND WAR costing BILLIONS of dollars and thousands of deaths.

Where are the 'cold hard facts' that got us into that war? Why are we at war with Iraq?

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amazon Lights
I also suspected something else was going on when I heard the president state "You are either with us, or your with the terrorists".
[edit on 6/17/2007 by Amazon Lights]

Exactly! That is propaganda. The 'turn in your neighbor' mentality is sweeping the nation. They have turned everyone against each other, so that we will not unify and call the government out on its lies and manipulation.

The phrase 'united we stand, divided we fall' comes to mind. We are currently falling to a government that want total control. The middle-east has every right to arm and defend themselves from the United States and its allies invading them and killing their Presidents.

I'm no fan of Saddam, but let's say China put enough propaganda out to its people that they came here and hung George W. Bush. How would you look at that and feel about it? When we fight them back on our own soil, they will be telling their people that 'insurgents' are killing their troops and that they will prevail because they are doing the right thing. After all, we do have weapons of mass distruction that we could use the WMDs against them.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I don't have a problem with calling a spade a spade...my problem is with calling a spade a spade, then a backhoe, then a dragline...then wondering why nobody calls that thing with a cab and tracks a shovel.

Like Captain Obvious said in a post above, I find it ironic that skepticism now gets you labeled an 'anti-truther'. Speaking for myself, I don't find either the 'official story' or any of the conspiracies around 9/11 to be wholly satisfactory. Having been in and around burning buildings, I know that fire a lot cooler than jet fuel combustion can warp and weaken structural steel...but I'm not entirely comfortable with that as an explanation for the WTC collapse. At the same time, I'm not sold on the idea that explosives were built into the buildings in the 70's / installed in the buildings without anybody noticing over the course of a few days , or that thermite / thermate / magical flaming fairy dust was used to cut the steel in the towers' cores, that holographic planes / depleted uranium tipped missiles / directed energy weapons hit the towers, or that nuclear weapons were placed in the basement. I guess I'm an 'anti-truther', ironically enough, because I'm interested in *the* truth about what happened, and not about the truth of my particular theory.

I guess I'm just getting old. I remember when freedom of speech was a reality, and skepticism was a valuable trait. Ahh well, the times, they be a-changing. Long live the Anti-Truth Movement!

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Sometimes you just have to know when to call BS also.

That halogram and other the other really out there stuff is garbage. Don't go digging through a pile of trash and then act as if you're going to find anything except trash.

There were many floors of the WTC that were empty and not being rented out. They were constantly moving peope's office space from one floor to another. Not long before 9-11 they sent out a short notice about a total power outage they were going to have to do for maintenance. The short notice really made some businesses that were renting space in the WTC mad because they weren't provided with enough fore notice to make sure their computers were adequately backed up (these were financial companies that operated 24-7 after all). The opportunities were numerous to rig the building up for demolition.

They apparently didn't need too much demolition gear either since everyone believes an airplane could have accomplished the same thing.

I just use 'anti-truther' because '9-11 by Muslim Extremists' just takes too long. That, and they are opposed to the 'truth' movement. It just works out to be 'anti-truth'. Go figure.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
side note: This keyboard I'm on right now sucks, when I get an edit button back I'll clean my typos up.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spoodily
Sometimes you just have to know when to call BS also.

That halogram and other the other really out there stuff is garbage. Don't go digging through a pile of trash and then act as if you're going to find anything except trash.

There were many floors of the WTC that were empty and not being rented out. They were constantly moving peope's office space from one floor to another. Not long before 9-11 they sent out a short notice about a total power outage they were going to have to do for maintenance. The short notice really made some businesses that were renting space in the WTC mad because they weren't provided with enough fore notice to make sure their computers were adequately backed up (these were financial companies that operated 24-7 after all). The opportunities were numerous to rig the building up for demolition.

They apparently didn't need too much demolition gear either since everyone believes an airplane could have accomplished the same thing.

I just use 'anti-truther' because '9-11 by Muslim Extremists' just takes too long. That, and they are opposed to the 'truth' movement. It just works out to be 'anti-truth'. Go figure.

Spoondiy.....

This is where facts get mixed up with truth...

First off. On 911 the Occupancy rate at the WTC was at 96%. Thats incredible! There is no proof to suggest that while people were changing their offices (BY CHOICE) that the vacant ones were being armed with explosives,thermite, etc.

Second. Please back up your claims about the power down. This was only confirmed by Mr. Scott Forbes in the North tower. Not one other tennant that I am aware of has claimed this. This power down can only be confirmed by one person and he can only confirm that the power was down on HIS floor for 26 hours. He also made a cliam that ALL security cameras were down, and can not back that up. (security, computer, phones, etc. should all be on a UPS system.)

This is a total cop out! Come on your better than that!!!

I am for the truth... but i am a skeptic. So far I have yet to see the PROOF that this was an inside job.

[edit on 17-6-2007 by CaptainObvious]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join