It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge fire I witnessed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Hey everyone, I thought I would post this here because it made me think of some interesting theories regarding the WTC supposed "explosions" that were heard.

Yesterday a large apartment complex burnt down in my city. Apparently over 100 firemen were called but the building is a total loss, it burnt down completely.

As I watched the fire go on for over an hour (it burnt for longer but I couldn't watch the whole thing), I noticed several small-ish and even a few large explosions. These explosions were very loud and big enough to break windows, not to mentioned frighten the crowd watching the fire.

While I did not find out what caused these explosions, I tried to think and figured that various applicances probably do explode when they catch fire. There was a large explosion in the basement of the building, which I theorised was maybe something like a septic tank exploding or maybe the oil tank or hot water tank.

Today I was reading some posts here about explosions in the WTC while it was on fire and it made me wonder if perhaps these explosions were caused the same way as in the apartment fire I saw.

What do you guys think?

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DazedDave
Today I was reading some posts here about explosions in the WTC while it was on fire and it made me wonder if perhaps these explosions were caused the same way as in the apartment fire I saw.

What do you guys think?

Well, if people think that none of the explosions could have been anything but explosives, they are only fooling themselves. Just my opinion.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
how far away were you from the building when you heard the explosions? Could you feel them?

Sure alsorts of things can go bang in a fire obviously and i think most people here are aware of that, but when you get to the details like amplitude and frequency reponse it can go along way to explaining the nature of the explosion. At the WTC the explosions were heard miles away across the water in Hoboken, and they were really deep sub frequency sounds (the high frequencies dont travel half as far). Not to mention the ground shaking picked up by tripod cameras! These were huge percussive low frequency vibrations taking place. Also the decay time was too long for it to be a generator or elevator crashing down.

It takes a lot of power to generate and move bass frequencies that low, it certainly wasn't elevators dropping or generators exploding. They don't produce these awesome sub waves that were picked up.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I agree Dave...Occum's Razor

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by blueyedevil666
I agree Dave...Occum's Razor

I know this is semantics, but. People keep saying occum's razor. Occum's Razor states that "all things being equal". Where are all the things being equal to this apartment building fire? I know.... semantics. Back to the thread.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
On September 11 was in my firehouse listening to radio traffic from WTC
scene (we were standing by in case needed and covering for neighboring
city which had entire day shift at scene) - Remember hearing call about
3PM to clear collapse zone around WTC 7. Later talking to men who
were there didn't hear anything about "explosions" - the crew was
fighting fires in World Financial Center to the west of WTC site. Possible
explanations for "explosions" is debris or interior collapses in the building
Both given loud booming sounds which are similar to explosions.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
As someone standing across the water I didn't feel any of the explosions that shook the ground. That's more likely someone being startled and shaking the camera they are looking through. The whole place did shake when the towers came down though. At least 1 & 2, I don't know about 7.

[edit on 15-6-2007 by snoopy]

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   
i think their was a bome in the basment and in the WTC wrather if it wa terists or the government

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBaldEagle
i think their was a bome in the basment and in the WTC wrather if it wa terists or the government

You sir, have solved the mystery.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by DazedDave
As I watched the fire go on for over an hour (it burnt for longer but I couldn't watch the whole thing), I noticed several small-ish and even a few large explosions.

That's fine and reasonable, but there were also witness reports of explosions in less reasonable places, like around the 23rd floor and below, for example:

Lou Cacchioli, Firefighter in WTC 1: At that point, Cacchioli found one of the only functioning elevators, one only going as high as the 24th floor ... "Tommy Hetzel was with me and everybody else also gets out of the elevator when it stops on the 24th floor," said Cacchioli, "There was a huge amount of smoke. Tommy and I had to go back down the elevator for tools and no sooner did the elevators close behind us, we heard this huge explosion that sounded like a bomb. It was such a loud noise, it knocked off the lights and stalled the elevator.

"Luckily, we weren't caught between floors and were able to pry open the doors. People were going crazy, yelling and screaming. And all the time, I am crawling low and making my way in the dark with a flashlight to the staircase and thinking Tommy is right behind me. "I somehow got into the stairwell and there were more people there. When I began to try and direct down, another huge explosion like the first one hits. This one hits about two minutes later, although it's hard to tell, but I'm thinking, 'Oh. My God, these bastards put bombs in here like they did in 1993!' [Arctic Beacon]

www.whatreallyhappened.com...

"...then somebody said that they saw an airliner go into one of those towers. Then, an hour later than that we had that big explosion from much, much lower down and I don't know what caused that."

WMV video source (clip from the BBC)

A firefighter testified:

As we were getting our gear on and making our way to the stairway, there was a heavy duty explosion.

WMV video

Then there was another firefighter that said:

There's a bomb in the building - start clearing out...We got a secondary device in the building

WMV video source

Then there were all the testimonies of basement events, like Mike Pecoraro's, Phillip Morelli's, William Rodriguez's, etc., that I could also post, that testify to basement explosions, and heavy-duty ones that seriously damaged the parking garage and a machine shop according to Pecoraro's testimony. Pecoraro was a stationary engineer in the North Tower. He said he was convinced a bomb had gone off in the basement, that they'd been bombed like 1993 again.

Then there are the seismic records lined up with the recorded impact time of Flight 175 from time stamps on live TV feeds that show significant spikes were off from the actual impacts, specifically about ten seconds earlier. This would make sense with testimony like Rodriguez's and Morelli's, because they both reported two distinct oscillatory/explosive events in the basements very close together.

These things are all harder for me to see as being caused by appliances and etc. exploding in the fires on the higher floors in both buildings.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by snoopy
As someone standing across the water I didn't feel any of the explosions that shook the ground. That's more likely someone being startled and shaking the camera they are looking through.
[edit on 15-6-2007 by snoopy]

Now thats the funniest thing I have heard yet, the camera was shaking because the person filming it was scared. now that is funny. Someone should make a spoof debunker movie using reasons like that, it would be hilarious

I suppose tripod mounted cameras get scared and start shaking too when they film buildings being blown up. Cameras have feelings too..

[edit on 16-6-2007 by VicRH]

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
On the subject of generic fire related explosions not caused by planted explosives, I readily admit, such explosions could occur on the floors where the fires were burning, but that's not the point. Those conspiracy people are going to cite all the explosions that happened on other floors too. Gosh darn them all anyway.

(Excuse for the above. I just got home (3 hours ago) from work and want to go to sleep IMMEDIATELY but can't because people here are doing things that are keeping me up so I am on the forum instead. It's 11:59AM here. Goodnight!!)

[edit on 16-6-2007 by ipsedixit]

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
DazedDave, it's likely the explosions in the apartments came from an appliance with a gas feed, such as stoves, gas water heaters, or heater system. I can't be 100% accurate on this, but maybe one of the gas pipes burst and caught fire, sending a chain reaction through the pipe system circulating the apartments.
Just my 2 cents.

top topics

join