It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamas executes Fatah commander in Gaza

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Hamas executes Fatah commander in Gaza

news.xinhuanet.com

GAZA, June 14 (Xinhua) -- Hamas militants have executed a senior Fatah commander after seizing him in central Gaza Strip on Thursday evening, sources from the Islamic movement confirmed.

Hamas media reported that Samih al-Madhoun, a local leader of Fatah's military wing in northern Gaza Strip, was seized when he tried to pass over a Hamas-run checkpoint in central Gaza Strip town of al-Nussairat.

The sources said that al-Madhoun refused to stop, opened fire at Hamas gunmen at the roadblock and killed one of them.

Hamas militants responded to the fire, killing al-Madhoun's driver and taking the commander to the house of the Hamas man who was shot dead at the checkpoint. Then they openly executed the Fatah commander at the Hamas fighter's house.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Serious stuff, with only two strongholds left for the Abbas Fatahs, surely it is only a matter of time before Hamas has full control, i wonder if then they might turn their attention once more to their Jewish " Neighbours". Divide and conquer wins the day yet again..
Looking at this as to who benefits from them killing each other, i am beginning to wonder if that has been th ME plan all along?

news.xinhuanet.com

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
That would leave Hamas in control of Gaza, one of the poorest places on earth. Things will only continue to get worse for those living in Gaza. Way to go Hamas, you managed to make an already bleak situation, bone dry.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fowl Play

i wonder if then they might turn their attention once more to their Jewish " Neighbours". Divide and conquer wins the day yet again..

With what resources they will do such a thing? people forget that is not other country as well armed and ready to fight thanks to the US as Israel is.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Serious stuff, with only two strongholds left for the Abbas Fatahs, surely it is only a matter of time before Hamas has full control

As it stands, Hamas will control Gaza, but Fatah remains quite firmly in control of the West Bank. The Palestinians have managed to split themselves in two over this power struggle, although it has to be said, Fatah were the legitimate security services of the PA, whereas the Hamas forces are an irregular militia loyal only to Hamas.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

i wonder if then they might turn their attention once more to their Jewish " Neighbours". Divide and conquer wins the day yet again..

With what resources they will do such a thing? people forget that is not other country as well armed and ready to fight thanks to the US as Israel is.
[/quoteYou take me out of context, the divide and conquer comment was directed at what has happened between the Palestinians, as a result of Empire interference.
If it aint broke, dont fix it..

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I was impressed by the unarmed civilians who marched to try and stop the gunmen.

Unfortunately it is these ordinary people who will be killed when Isreali tanks again roll through Gaza to suppress rockets which Hammas are still firing into Isreal.

The whole middle east is on fire with militant radical Islam and unfortunately Isreal has been the irritant. It could have negotiated with Fatah in good faith when Arafat was alive and then we would not be here today.

The United States had a hand in this too because it could have and should have pushed Isreal to negotiate with Arafat. USA was totally out of touch on the Palestinian question.

Arafat's death has all the hallmarks of Thallium poisoning either by an Isreali agent or by Hammas.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Hamas will try it's hardest to rule the West Bank. At no advantage to the Palestinian people. As Hamas steadily rub out the Fatah movement, giving their Israeli masters ultimate control, there will be no true representation for the Palestinian people.

Thanks to the Mossad, Israel's "Institute for Intelligence and Special Tasks", the Hamas was allowed to reinforce its presence in the occupied territories. Meanwhile, Arafat's Fatah Movement for National Liberation as well as the Palestinian Left were subjected to the most brutal form of repression and intimidation

Let us not forget that it was Israel, which in fact created Hamas. According to Zeev Sternell, historian at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, "Israel thought that it was a smart ploy to push the Islamists against the Palestinian Liberation Organisation (PLO)".
Link

Initally, Hamas was aided and funded by the Israeli secret services. Israelis sought to create an opposition to the PLO and its affiliated parties that were secular. They also sought to create a political force that would be mostly local, and thus more effective at undermining the PLO which had most of its leadership outside the occupied territories. Robert Fisk, in an article about the 400 Hamas activists who had been exiled in Lebanon, documents that several of the activists had the telephone numbers of several important Israeli politicians and Mossad/Shin Bet officials.
Link

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Why do people keep bringing Israel into this? I thought this was supposed to be a battle between two terrorist groups, Hamas and Hezbollah. Maybe I am just confused, but that is the impression I have been given.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Why do people keep bringing Israel into this? I thought this was supposed to be a battle between two terrorist groups, Hamas and Hezbollah. Maybe I am just confused, but that is the impression I have been given.

Judging by you post, yes, you are very confused!

It's a battle between the secular Fatah (Who run the presidency and Security services) and fundamentalist Hamas (the Islamic Party with it's own armed wing).

Nothing to do with Hezbollah or "terrorists"....

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Stumason, somewhere I heard that Hezbollah and Hamas were at war. Hell, I don't know. I get so tired of hearing about the Middle East region that I don't even pay attention to it anymore. All they do over there is fight. It's not even worth my time to think about anymore, to be quite honest.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Stumason, somewhere I heard that Hezbollah and Hamas were at war. Hell, I don't know.

Can't say I have ever seen anything about that, chap.

I get so tired of hearing about the Middle East region that I don't even pay attention to it anymore. All they do over there is fight. It's not even worth my time to think about anymore, to be quite honest.

I sometimes feel like that! I know where your coming from.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   

I have often spoken up in defence of Isreal and especially against Iran's threats against Isreal, but I am also fair minded and isreal is not blameless.

Like I said in the previous post Isreal had the opportunity to deal with Fatah honourably.

The other point which should not be lost here is that originally Isreal through Mossad funded Hammas. Now Isreal has created a monster.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by sy.gunson

isreal is not blameless.

Certainly not. They have caused their fair share of problems over there.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
The protection of the past that Israel has recieved is going to be the thorn in its side. Side-stepping past attempts at correcting them the USA did them more harm then good. They've been so headstrong in the idea that they will push these people out that they didnt foresee that sooner or later the cork is going to blow and its beginning to blow. If Israel wasn't so ridiculously intent on this "Being recognized" issue and they had sat down with Hamas and made them come out looking like the heroes that they were elected to be , they could have tackled the recognition problem down the line as well as their charter stating they would blow up Israel or whatever it said (Which I doubt most Palestinians even ever read). All these things could have been taken care of afterwards. Israel is already a state, is already recognized by everyone , so why is it so important for them to extract this recognition from The palestinians? Is it a subjugation thing? Never understood that. Israel has gotten away with so many messed up things, so I can't see why it would kill them to have dealt with Hamas rather then not only try to circumvent them, but strangle them and at the same time strangulate the common people in palestine.

Its like i said before, they did the same thing in lebanon figuring by attacking the entire country they would turn the people against Hizbollah and it ended up it brought them ever more support.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I love it when the blame game always comes back to the U.S.

It is what Muslims do when asked to make any sort of accounting for thier own actions.

There's no doubt the Israelis have had this in mind since they "invited" Arafat back from Tunis to form the P.A., and now have the situation they want; nobody to negotiate with.

"Land for Peace" is dead, the West Bank will remain in Israel's possession as even Fatah needs thier protection against the suicidal Jihadis.

What is becoming increasingly clear is that Muslims are decending into anarchy at a global level, and being incapable of critical analysis of thier own actions, finding others to hold responsible.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
What the west seems to ignore when it comes to the middle east is that this people will fight for each other depending which group they favor.

Our nation wants us the people to believe that only the radicals and terrorist are the trouble makers and that the rest of the middle east would welcome our nation in their lands.

But that is not so, Muslins will be muslins they will practice Islam they will have different groups to suit their needs and they will fight whomever is invading their lands.

At the end we the west are not welcome in their lands, Places like Saudi only needs our nations to buy their oil and support their economy, they will always support their Shiite fellow tribal member.

Pakistan will always support Al-qaida, Syria and Iran hezbollah and their fellow Shiite tribal men in Iraq.

Palestine will always fight for their independance and right to become a nation and Israel will always be the enemy in the middle east to the reast of the nations surrounding them.

Our nation's leaders wants to make us take sides with nations that will not have us or wants us at all.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Beautifully put Marge. From what I have read, it appears that the Israeli Govt. is beginning to state that they will protect themselves from any type of incursion or attack from Hamas. IMO that may be a pre-emptive attack to insure that they will not be bothered.

And lets not forget about what is going on in Lebanon and how they are accusing Syria of yet another political assassination. Oy, it is really getting worse over there. I feel terrible for those innocent people that are caught in the middle of this. Absolutely sad, it can only get worse before it gets better unfortunately.

-Droops

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Serious stuff, with only two strongholds left for the Abbas Fatahs, surely it is only a matter of time before Hamas has full control, i wonder if then they might turn their attention once more to their Jewish " Neighbours". Divide and conquer wins the day yet again..
Looking at this as to who benefits from them killing each other, i am beginning to wonder if that has been th ME plan all along?

news.xinhuanet.com

Maybe when Nostradamus said after the death of mabus he was saying Abbas which in turn means that the next move for the antichrist

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 12:07 AM
link   

At the end we the west are not welcome in their lands, Places like Saudi only needs our nations to buy their oil and support their economy, they will always support their Shiite fellow tribal member.

I think you mean Sunni, or even Wahabi.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join