It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discussion Thread for June '07 Member Photo Contest (Results Announced!)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Welcome to the Member Photo Contest June '07!

Our theme is the, "American Presidential Smear Campaign"

This thread is to discuss anything and everything that pertains to the contest. Any submission should be directed to the submissions thread.

The winner of the contest will be announced in this thread.

Good Luck!

[edit on 24-7-2007 by chissler]

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Well it's about time.

Actually I was going to send either you or Umbrax a U2U inquiring about the next contest. You must have read my mind.

Good luck to the future participants in this months contest!

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
With the door being wide open on this one, I am excited to see what you guys can come up with. Sometimes the restriction to one image selected by someone else, the abilities of our membership can be restricted. At times it is a testament to our own ability, but it certainly does restrict our creativity in a way.

This way, some of the big swingers will be expected to pull out all of the stops.

Maybe I'll brain storm a little bit and offer up a few rewards as well for different themes. Obviously the overall winner will take home the big reward of 10,000 BTS points. But maybe a few points can be dished out for a few other things.

I'll think about this and get back to you guys with a notice.

Again, good luck to everyone!

Spread the word!

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I got mine up.

In hindsight, I'm not sure, 100% if Al gore has devesated Toyko. But I'm certain he does infact have laser eyes.

Now if they cause co2 emissions or not, is subject of debate.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   

I think there are a few of our members out there going... "Damn!"

The bar has been set people, and it has been set high!

This is going to be quite the contest.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Wow WolfofWar!
Way to start this thing. That is a really cool image you put together.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
This sounds interesting, I have an idea, if I have the time and can make it work I may make my first submission into this type of contest.

So by posting "sources" you mean where we got the original image(s) came from?

Sorry if I missed it, but I didn't see whether there will be amateur and pro divisions in this like earlier contests, or just one?

[edit on 6/18/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Just provide a link to the source of your image. I'm assuming that you will not create your entry from scratch. If you take a peak at Wolf's submission, you'll see exactly what you need to do.

And yeah, there is only one division in this competition. There will be one overall winner, but I am thinking about having a few "side pots" to dish out some points to deserving entries.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with dj.

[edit on 18-6-2007 by chissler]

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Can you use images captured by yourself from DVD or Quicktime/AVI movies for backdrops? There's really no one source to link to for those.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Glad to see a contest up and running

Question: What s defined by the term "Presidential hopeful"? Is it official candidates or just people we would like to see running? The reason I ask is cause I see Al Gore was used in an entry, but he's not declared he is running in 08. So does that mean it's wide open to anybody we would like to see running?

2008 Democratic presidential candidates

There is no set image this month. What you, as a participant, are required to do is find your own image of any American President, past or present, and manipulate the photo to add a comedic appeal. If you wish to use a Presidential hopeful for the upcoming '08 elections, you are free to do so.

Resurrect Curly for President in 08!

[edit on 20-6-2007 by Regenmacher]

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Hey! what happen to the edit button? I posted my picture but no edit button afterwards?

I was going to make my entry picture clickable and it would you lead to this....

anyway, let me know if you clicked it

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPhiles
I was going to make my entry picture clickable and it would you lead to this....

And I thought that you were being innovative and submiting a video.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
Question: What s defined by the term "Presidential hopeful"? Is it official candidates or just people we would like to see running? The reason I ask is cause I see Al Gore was used in an entry, but he's not declared he is running in 08. So does that mean it's wide open to anybody we would like to see running?

Well, Al Gore as a candidate in this election isn't exactly far fetched. Curly as President? Well, that's a little out there I think. Creative and funny, but far fetched. Our primary goal here is to have fun, but I would like to see this competition geared towards "serious" candidates.

Not all of us may consider Al Gore a "serious" contender in this election, but it is still a possibility. I think we can say with some degree of certainty that Curly won't be dropping his name into the mix anytime soon.

So I would have to say no on this one.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler I think we can say with some degree of certainty that Curly won't be dropping his name into the mix anytime soon.

So I would have to say no on this one.

I'd vote for him.

Besides he can't do any worse than the comedian we have now.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32

And I thought that you were being innovative and submiting a video.

lol... wish I could of been as innovative as the new Isaac drone files lol.... that is the good stuff. Oh! by the way, great work on those avatars... I'm waiting on your submissions Mechanic, are you going to post any.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPhiles
I'm waiting on your submissions Mechanic, are you going to post any.

Anything's possible, time permitting...

I might just be a last minute contestant this time around.

I want to see how tough the competition will be. Usually I would knock one out in the first few days of the competitions, this time I think I will hold off a bit.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Yes...wait to the last minute...but be warned, I have a secret weapon!

MWAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA *Cough* *gag* *wheeze* ughhh..

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Ok, mine's in.

It's not what my first idea was, I think that would have been too difficult for me, but I don't think this one's bad for a first-timer, if I must say so myself

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Okay, I will run my own campaign then, nyuk nyuk

Full size here:
www.deviantart.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 02:29 AM
link   
lol Regenmacher... nyuk nyuk, very good nonpartisan approach. I'd vote Curly 08, I suppose he's Independent?

Wow! I just checked your art gallery... awesome stuff.

<<   2  3 >>

join