It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discussion Thread for June '07 Member Photo Contest (Results Announced!)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   

RESULTS!

First off, allow me to apologize for the unnecessary delay on these. But they are in and we do have a winner! The results were very, very tight.. and everything was completely undecided until the final judge submitted their scores. This was another great competition and our members have once again shown why ATS is a step above the rest in every aspect.

Congratulations to all who participated, and a special thanks to the panel of anonymous judges who took the time to offer an opinion.

Let's get down to it!

Here is a list of all participants, and the score they received. A perfect score would have been fifty, ten from each of the five judges.

WolfofWar: 44
semperfortis: 28
Regenmacher: 43
whatukno: 19
Xphiles: 25
djohnsto77: 39
Regenmacher 2: 43
WolfofWar: 31
biggie smalls: 27
biggie smalls: 27

WolfofWar wins with a score of 44 points!

WolfofWar will be awarded with 10,000 BTS points for his efforts here.

Talk about a squeaker! Regenmacher put up a strong showing here, with two submissions close on Wolf's heals.

Congratulations Wolf!

As promised, we have a few "extras" to dish out on this competition. While we are here for fun, it is nice to receive a pat on the back when we work hard on something.

So who gets what?

The two awards that I am going to dish out on the side are as follows:

• Comedic
  • Breathtaking

As for the "Breathtaking" Award, Regenmacher is going to take this one for his George Bush entry. This award comes with a 5,000 BTS point bonus.

The "Comedic" Award is going to djohnsto77 for his Hilary Clinton entry. This award comes with a 5,000 BTS point bonus.

To everyone else who took part in this contest, each of you will be rewarded with 1,000 BTS points. If you submitted two entries, or already have been awarded something, you will not receive this bonus. Only those that have entered an image, and have not been selected for an award.

Again, thank you to everyone who participated and I look forward to what everyone comes up with for the next competition.

• posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 03:34 PM
    link   
    Congrats Wolfofwar and Reganmacher!

This was fun, I'll have to participate in these more often!

Oops, I almost forgot to thank all the judges!

[edit on 7/24/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 10:09 PM
    link   
    These are a lot of fun dj, and I do hope that you continue to take part in them. We seen a few new faces this go around, and a few returning members. But I did notice a few absentees here, and I hope that they do make a return in future competitions.

The caliber was still there, but it's always great to see a few extra submissions.

If anyone has any ideas for any future competitions, feel free to u2u them to me. I can not confirm that we will run with it, as it would provide an opportunity to get a leg up, but I'd certainly love some member feedback here.

Congrats again!

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 11:00 PM
    link   
    10 thousand dollars!?

10 thousand dollars!

WOOOH! :w:

Is that US or Euros? please be euros!

Drinks are on me.

...wait...what? oh...points? awww.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 12:33 AM
    link   
    Congrats WolfofWar!

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 01:50 AM
    link   
    Congratulations to the winners...

I wish more people would join the competitions, but the quality of submissions was amazing...

Again...

Nicely done all....

Semper

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 02:18 AM
    link   
    Wow! great contest, congrats to the winners... I think the anonymous judges did a great job. I'm sure the next one will be just as fun.

X

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 09:18 PM
    link   
    Congrats WolfofWar and Djohnsto77 and here's an image prize from me to all who entered

Meet the US's newest superhero: Clueless Man

Click for hi-rez

And a very special thanks to Chissler for putting this all together and all the time he donates to making us smile

[edit on 27-7-2007 by Regenmacher]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join