It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Those who want to know TRUE Christianity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
speaker, there is no "true" christianity... there's just a bunch of various sects each claiming to be the "true" christianity... or a bunch of independent individuals who are claiming to practice the "true" form of christianity

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Again with your opinions, madness. You're free to have them, but I certainly do not have to agree.

[edit on 12-6-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
speaker, it's obvious that there is no criteria for what makes "true" christianity, it's just something that someone claims. therefore, there is no true christianity, it's a logical conclusion.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
speaker, it's obvious that there is no criteria for what makes "true" christianity, it's just something that someone claims. therefore, there is no true christianity, it's a logical conclusion.

Wait a minute!! Generally, when I say TRUE Christianity, I am talking about Christianity as it existed prior to 325 A.D. You know, before the Nicean Council, yada, yada.

So, yes, there is a true form of Christianity, Unfortunately, not many have practiced it since the council of Nicea, and those that have have been labeled "heretics."

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Not trying to bash you SoT, seriously.

It's just that every Christian I've ever talked to think they belong to the true church.

I'm not watching the vid, sorry, I just had to listen to a bunch of women in my support group go off on a god tangent and I'm not in the mood to hear more of it right now.

But, which sect is he saying is the true one? The Essenes?

I think the only true Christianity was coming from the mouth of Jesus himself (if he was a real person). Everything else is a game of Chinese Whispers with successive heads of church tacking on their own interpretations.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
Not trying to bash you SoT, seriously.

It's just that every Christian I've ever talked to think they belong to the true church.

I'm not watching the vid, sorry, I just had to listen to a bunch of women in my support group go off on a god tangent and I'm not in the mood to hear more of it right now.

But, which sect is he saying is the true one? The Essenes?

Actually, he was not claiming that he was promoting a TRUE form of Christianity, those are my words. I say that because he is Eastern orthodox and they still hold on to the mystical traditions and foundations of Christianity.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
All righty then.

Thanks for clarifying it for me.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
To be honest the only true form of Christainity would be that one that follows what the bible says. But Follows everthings that Jesus said first.

But the fact that all religions have a wrong believe, and no Christian religion follows everthing that jesus says or what the bible says. It was not so long ago I saw cathics selling books inside their church. "my house is a house of worship"

There is no true christian church out there. Maybe somewhat close, but not everthing.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
sly, the bible is predated by christianity, therefore true christianity isn't what is written in the bible, as it had existed for decades before any of the gospels were written.

SR

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
speaker, there is no "true" christianity... there's just a bunch of various sects each claiming to be the "true" christianity... or a bunch of independent individuals who are claiming to practice the "true" form of christianity

*Fixed

Just a bunch of con artists trying to cash there version in as the real deal cause you know the blind lead the blind and what's the guy who's ideas they rip off going to do about it he's been dead for 2000+ years.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
mad

Your talking about jewdism. And that not christianity. True Christian came after Jesus. As acts talk about the word christianity didnt come until Anoch I believe. Well not the english word christianity.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by slymattb
mad

Your talking about jewdism. And that not christianity. True Christian came after Jesus. As acts talk about the word christianity didnt come until Anoch I believe. Well not the english word christianity.

no, i'm talking about christianity. after jesus there wasn't a bible. the bible came around a few decades later. the word of the bible isn't the word of jesus, it's the words of people written decades after jesus supposedly existed and then died.

and it's judaism, for future reference. not jewdism

join