It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Mount Hood Bigfoot photograph

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Mt. Hood (northern Oregon) became popular with Bigfoot hunters about a year ago, when a "mysterious creature" was caught on a trial camera (with motion/heat detection). The first Mount Hood photograph is here:
Cryptomundo
(To spare you the time, it's just a glimpse of some brown fur. Could be anything.

More than a year later "Bigfoot" returns once again to appear on a trail cam at Mt. Hood. And as we all know, Bigfoot is not very photogenic.

Source with high def picture

The obvious answer is Black Bear, right? Well, not everyone seems to agree.

I’m having trouble seeing how a black bear could stand in the configuration shown. It certainly looks primate to me, possibly human, but not necessarily.

This may be a trick of the lighting but there looks like a face similar to the Patterson footage. You can make out what looks like eyes reflecting, a nose, and a mouth. The creature almost looks like it is at a stance of a lowland gorilla. The hand almost looks like it is folded under in the stance.

External photo Enhancements:
Enhancement 1
Enhancement 2
Enhancement 3

Well, all that said and done, no matter how I tilt my head, all I see is the rear-side of a bear...

Afterthought: Shouldn't a motion sensor camera take more than just one picture? Shouldn't there be pictures of the animal entering the clearing, and moving around inside the clearing?

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 05:34 AM
link   
If a photograph is inconclusive, then it's a waste of time trying to use it as evidence of Bigfoot.

Next......

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 05:54 AM
link   
It sure looks like a bear to me..The other pic is kind of interesting..Seems kind of stupid that it only takes one photo when set off by motion sensors..

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I grew up around the Pacific Northwest in the heart of Bigfoot country. We heard all the stories when we were kids, and of course they always fascinated me.

Our family did a lot of camping, hiking, and generally roughing it in the woods, so all us kids became very familiar with the local wildlife.

I've never seen a Bigfoot, but I've been up close and personal with a lot of bears over the years. The woods are crawling with them, and some were very bold and would even walk right into our yard.

This picture looks just like a bear to me.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Out in the woods
a picture we took
and the question comes down to the fact.
was it a bear
hid in that hair
or a Bigfoot caught in the act?

Sorry boys and gouls, but I too vote bear.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I actually found this image more interesting:

It's from the first link that Gemwolf posted, and I can't think of any animal in that region that has fur like that.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I thought that pic was interesting to..The only thing I can come up with is..A brown bear standing up rubbing its back against the tree..

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 06:59 AM
link   
An Orangutan has fur like that

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Looks like a black bear to me as well.

I live in the Pacific Northwest at the base of the Blues so I've seen bears in the wild and that's what it looks like.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Darn I want it to be a Bigfoot, but it does look alot like a bear. I have seen many black bears as a flyfishing guide for nine years and although this particular bear was caught in an odd position, it does look like a bear. If that is in fact why it looks the way it does.
Kool post

[edit on 12-6-2007 by theutahbigfoothunter]

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I love this forum, and I truly hope something is one day found that is conclusive. And like many, I'll keep on hoping BF is real. It gives us hope that every thing in the world is not known, categorized, and labeled. It's a wish for freedom.

There once was a beast,
way out in the woods,
leaving only his tracks and his smell.
And whatever he did,
and wherever he's hid,
you must admit he's smarter than hell.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
The first picture is a black bear IMO.

Both pictures were taken by the same people and you can find more info over at cryptomundo.com

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I can't tell what it is.

It could be anything.

If it's unidentifiable, then to some, it must be bigfoot.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
I actually found this image more interesting:

It's from the first link that Gemwolf posted, and I can't think of any animal in that region that has fur like that.

Yeah - I grew up in bear country too - but this one is odd alright. It struck me as either being some sorta long-haired domestic dog or pony...if not, then I don't know what the heck it is...

Jimbo999

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
That pic won't cut it for me either. I want a full on frontal with that sucker smiling for the camera.

My stance on Bigfoot is known in these parts. Still, I'm not falling for some cheesy shot of a bears arse.

I want some film footage thats up close and personal!

Just my thoughts on it

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by realyweely
An Orangutan has fur like that

Hmmm.yep, that's true. But they're kinda rare in the Pacific Northwest
So - what the hell IS it?

Jimbo999

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   
That is a black bear... you can tell by looking at the bum and proportions of the body...

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I have to say it sure looks like a bear to me

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Nobody's ever given an eye-witness account of a Black Bigfoot, have they???

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I can't find specific accounts right this second, but yes I have read in various websites of people claiming they saw a creature with black hair.

edit: Even though black-haired bigfoots have been sighted that looks too much like a bear to think otherwise.

[edit on 14/6/2007 by enjoies05]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join