It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denver Targets Global Warming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Denver Targets Global Warming

www.rockymountainnews.com

Goal is equivalent of taking 500,000 vehicles off road

Denver is gearing up to fight global warming, and residents may soon be asked to make personal sacrifices to help save the planet.

The new plan is aimed at making Denver a national leader in reducing gas emissions that have been linked to global warming, giving a major push to alternative energy, stepping up recycling and changing building codes to encourage energy conservation.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Right or wrong, for or against the global warming debate of "shall we do something about it" or "is global warming real, is it caused by man" debates, here it is, a US city is starting to do something about it regardless by effectively taking the equivalent of 500,000 cars off the road.

Goal is to reduce emissions by 2020, no ambitious enough? What do you think?
Is this the right thing to do, is there enough information, has it been studied enough to form a consensus attack plan? hmmm. Yes its always a good thing to take pollution out of the sky, I agree there...

((This search on ATS yielded no matches)) www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.rockymountainnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6/11/2007 by greatlakes]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
www.thedenverchannel.com...

The temperature at Denver International Airport fell to 31 degrees at 5:44 a.m. Friday, setting a new record low for the date.

Watch out when government wants you to sacrifice!!!

Watch your wallet!!!!

Gas emissions linked to global warming? Prove it!

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I think this might be a good idea. Because I live so close to my work, I just walk there every day. The majority or the cars I see around my area are SUVs, trucks, and quite a few hummers. The air quality here has seemed to have gone down over the past 15 years I've lived here. It's really sad.

[edit on 11-6-2007 by Slash]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I am glad that Denver is stepping down on global warming and pollution. The legacy we are building for our children and grandchildren is what should be the most important thing for their future.

People forget that while we are here now, we will not be here for ever and as we leave so the future generations will inherit our problems.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I think Global Warming is Bravo Sierra, but I'm glad to see cities taking steps to reduce emissions. Regardless if it exists or not, we should still try our hardest to reduce pollution.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Can i play devil's advocate here for a minute?

ATS is full of members that don't trust the government and feel there is always some sort of fear mongering going on and that they are trying to take our freedoms away by using disinformation. That being said, why is it that you fall prey to the "global warming" fear mongering?

There are only theories out there and many scientists disagree on the topic. There is no real conclusive proof, but yet you are willing to freak out and panic about this.

Mind you, I don't like polution and I do my part in being green when I can, but when I read this article the first thing that jumped out at me is it just sounded like they wanted to profit off of this global warming craze and that they really didn't have any practicle solutions. It sounded like another way for them to make us sacrifice so they can control the masses!

First they try to take away your right to have guns so you can't defend yourself and now they try to take away your transportation so you can't even flee. You are at their mercy.

Anybody ever look at it that way??
Just throwing that out for something to chew on.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
So, did my response kill the thread? Nobody has an opinion on that?

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Isn't Colorado a big Government hub anyway? I wonder what they're putting in the air there. Give up cars, right. They've only spent 100 years trying to get man to believe it's his right to have one, and now they're like Umm no, we want you to give them up. RIGHT, like gun control right?

Global warming is interesting to me, b/c I don't really hear the theory about the Sun emitting at full strenght theory at all, but they're trying to convince people it's a man-made issue. I'm sure man hasn't helped, but there's not much you can do about the Sun's emissions. Somehow or the other I feel like the government has known about that for quite a while but play on these global warming issues to divide, conquer and control.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Well Colorado and particularly Denver is rumored to be the "continuity of government capital of the US" and coupled with the Denver International Airport strangeness, ones conspiracy theory alarms do start to ring a bit....

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by closettrekkie
Mind you, I don't like polution and I do my part in being green when I can, but when I read this article the first thing that jumped out at me is it just sounded like they wanted to profit off of this global warming craze and that they really didn't have any practicle solutions. It sounded like another way for them to make us sacrifice so they can control the masses!
Ah, you have hit on the secret point that no one wants to talk about. People don't have a problem being controlled by someone for whom they would vote. But if they disagree politically, you have to be on the look out because that person or party is going to take all your rights.

The only winners here are the politicians, who want to pit us against each other for their own selfish purposes. No matter who you vote for, the net amount of control will increase.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   
The thing that kills me is that so many people are so willing to jump on the global warming bandwagon and let themselves be controlled. Look at how many threads are on ATS about global warming. ATS'ers pride themselves on being intellectual and truth-seeking, but I wonder how many looked at it in a different view like I posted above. I was hoping people would think about it a little differently. I'm not saying my opinion is correct, but it is definitely something to consider!

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   
The way I see it, Global Warming is just another way for people to get their attention from what's really important, like domestic issues such as health care and poverty. Before we start handling the problems of other people, lets handle the problems we have.

It's just another substitute for what really matters.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Its a good post closetrekie, but you have to realize the powers that be (PTB) are way ahead of 99% of the people they govern, the plans and agenda are not made in such a way for most people to see right thru them.

To be honest, most people (not any on ATS of course!) would rather watch Paris Hilton or American Idol than concern themselves with important topics. I think its more subconscious than conscious thought, they just would rather not worry or be bothered, like the proverbial ostrich.

Things that demand attention are made for the other 1% of the people to preoccupy those that do speak out and are concerned. Problem-Reaction-Solution. The 1% then tend to drag the rest of the population with them, thinking they are on the right track, when in fact it may just be a snipe hunt. This is the PTB in top form!

[edit on 6/14/2007 by greatlakes]

top topics

join