It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone heard of real "zombies" ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I once saw a television program on discovery, about real life zombies.
It was something about a man who had poisoned a person with a frog poison. (I think it was a arrow dart frog or what they are called) The poison is able to paralyze a human totally... The heartbeat will go down to almost zero, and the brain activity will be lowered much. And so on.
After the poisoning, the doctors said the person where dead and the person where burried.

The man then dug up the person again (I can't remember after how long) and I can't remember if the poison "ran out of effect" or the man had an antidote or something. But when the poisoned man "woke" up, after having an unusual amount of air to the brain for some time and the heartbeat has been lowered so much, the person would be like a zombie and couldn't really do as much.

Anyone heard about this ? It was a couple of years ago i saw the program.
Anyone else heard of real life zombies ?

-Quane

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Try reading 'The Serpent and the Rainbow' by Wade Davies. I think the program was based around a lot of what is in his book. I think there may be a film aswell but the book is better.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   
tetrodotoxin from a puffer fish administered as a contact poison in a bone dust carrier is the active principle. The bokur exhumes the "corpse" and administers an antidote containing datura inoxica. the hallucinations combined with the near death experience leave the the victim quite suggestable.....

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
One such account describes a Haitian man that was slipped this Tetrotoxin, and was pronounced dead as a result of his paralysis and inability to speak. When the TTX wore off several days later, the man tried to return home to his family, but was rejected because he was thought to be a walking-dead zombie.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Yes, Haiti is the place to be to witness such thing. My dad was at one of their rituals once when he was with the marines. He says it's one of the scariest things he's ever seen. It included the part with the possesion and the biting the roosters head off.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   
quoted from the book "Mysteries of the Unexplained"

The repeated reports of zombies, people in a trancelike state working as slaves in the fields of Haiti, gain credence by virtue of the firsthand report by a former victim named Clairvius Narcisse from the village of L'Estere. (His story was also published by the National Enquirer in 1982)

Narcisse who had always been in excellent health, suddenly and inexplicaby took sick in 1962. His sister brought him to the Albert Schweitzer Memorial Hospital in Deschabelle:

"I couldn't get enough air in my lungs (Narcisse said). My heart was running out of strength. My stomach was burning. Then I felt myself freeze up. I hearn the doctor tell my sister, "I'm sorry he is dead." I wanted to cry out, to tell her that I was alive, but I was unable to move."

The doctor examined him, pulled a sheet over his head, and signed a death certificate. Later in the day, friends came to pay their respects, and Narcisse said that although he could see them and hear them, he felt no emotion. At the cemetery he heard the mourners lament and the heard the dirt falling on his coffin. The next thing he remembered he was standing next to the grave in a trancelike state. There were two men who refilled the grave, tied a rope around his wrists and took him to farm where he became a slave working in the fields with about 100 other unfortunate souls.

According to Dr. Lamarque Douyon, directer of the Psychiatric Center in Port-au-Prince, the so-called zombies are people who have been drugged by a voodoo sorcerer, pronounced dead, buried, dug-up, and kept drugged during their enslavement as field workers.

Narcisse thinks that he had been enslaved for about two years when one day the overseer failed to adminster the dose of drugs that kept the victims in their subservient conditions. Some of the zombies regained their faculties, realized the state they were in and killed the overseer. Narcisse did not go back to his native village because he believed that his brother who lived there had made the arrangement to have him drugged by a voodoo sorcerer. But when in January 1980, he heard that his brother had died, he decided to return to L'Estere.
So 18 years after he was thought to be dead and buried, Clairvius Narcisse walked back into the lives of the friends and relatives who had mourned his passing nearly two decades before.

[Edited on 1-7-2004 by worldwatcher]

[Edited on 1-7-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Moss, after being dried up, teoretically dies.

But after moisturising it, it miracously comes to life

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Zombi phenomenon should be considered from the angle that man is a biomachine (recently I started the thread Man is just a biorobot) and these kind of phenomena are corresponding technicalities.

Human bioapparatus (just as many other machines), that is a machine for raising the consciousness (soul), can be governed by two different systems of control: autonomous and remote one. That makes possible a number of things which would normally be classified as science fiction or (which is often the case) ravings of a lunatic. Below is an extract from The Information #4 on the shock-site (covering elementary spiritual safety practices):

---------------------

The impossibility of the Avatar's death and of his closest aides is guaranteed by a team of bodyguards. Avatar's bodyguards have the rank of not less than the Earth Teacher or Candidate to the Great Teachers of the Universe and are situated in various parts of the world. They are subject to the Supermind control. This is his personal emergency store of crude physical bodies for his top Envoys. They are kind of abodes for the Envoys when they move around the world. For biorobots have mania of collecting the photos of famous people - thinking once we have their photos, we won't make any blunder when we meet them.

The existence of "undercover" bodyguards thwarts any attempt to get used to certain patterns and dogmas and the desire to foresee the action of the Avatar and his aides. This ensures a sudden change of situation. In these cases (through the Supermind) the Consciousnesses of the Dignitaries of the Open Cosmos and their fine bodies just swap places moving from one body-abode to another. Beside bodyguards, the Great Teachers of the Universe and Avatars may (through the Supermind) exchange the bodies (for the sake of easy movement and change of conditions at any Cosmic plane). That is, they are able to turn up for inspection at any moment in the most unexpected places of the Open Cosmos where their presence is necessary.

This is the usual practice during the Golden Age for gathering and commuting in oneself all psychoenergy informations of Cosmos, as well as for examining the work of subordinate systems (with all the consequences following such inspections). Just a change of situation, from one theater to another, from one environment to the other combining what is useful with what is pleasant; an ordinary cosmic work at the low vibrational level of consciousnesses. I.e. inspection of all the necessary objects in a manifest form or, using the people's language, the interplanetary travels without any human foolishness - like flying saucers.

---------------------

Back to zombies. After the resurrection of a human, it is possible not to switch his or her brain to the whole psychosystem (for up to few decades). Reanimated zombi will be remaining physically fit and will not work for various thoughts-and-wishes (product of starry-galactic systems connected with our planet).

These technicalities could become of very high importance during the apocalyptic moment of our planet, when there will be no time for reproduction of the required "personnel". If you check the text of cassete #9 from the archive of dictaphone records on the site, you will notice the remark that at the beginning of the Golden Age, when there will be about two million people who remained alive. Prior to that time, the majority of women will perish due to the higher extent of their attachment to the material world compared with men. According to the preliminary statistics from the Highest, on every woman who survived, on average there will be 8-10 men.

Great Planetary Avatars of the Universe have the right to populate the restored machines with any required types of the consciousnesses so as not to waste time for growing their bodies.

Those interested will find more details on the site (original is written in Russian).

Enjoy!

Vitalij
"Earth - the planet of biorobots"
www.godswhip.info...

[Edited on 1-8-2004 by Vitalij]

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
See what others have said above, about the pufferfish toxin, and Haiti....
Pretty rare these days it would seem, but still practiced in remote areas of that culture...

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
A practice of turning people into zombis blatantly violates the Cosmic Laws, for the Human Will is sacred. Those practising this kind of violation will face the corresponding karmic consequences of their action. Technically speaking, mentioned above cases refer to disrupted first system of control of a human bioapparatus.

Also technically speaking, any fresh enough corpse (and physically fit enough before "the departure") can be resurrected by an Avatar in the revealed form when necessary under the circumstances. That will become a working moment in the future.

Vitalij
"Earth - the planet of biorobots"
www.godswhip.info...

[Edited on 1-8-2004 by Vitalij]

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Well someone had heard about it, cool.

Kinda scary that it is possible to make a complete zombie army, i would like to know if the zombie dudes feel pain.
I don't know what i would think if i saw a person from my family dead, and went to his funeral and then 18 years after he returns. chocking.

Well, if anyone knows any pictures, movies so I would like to see them.

-Quane

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Voodoo! Running from my magik!

top topics

join