It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War Protester Who Lied About Actions In Iraq Now Admits Faking Forms

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   

War Protester Who Lied About Actions In Iraq Now Admits Faking Forms

seattletimes.nwsource.com

Jesse MacBeth stoked opposition to the Iraq war in 2006 when he spoke out about atrocities he committed as a U.S. Army Ranger serving as part of Operation Iraqi Freedom.

MacBeth, 23, of Tacoma, claimed to have killed more than 200 people, many at close range, some as they prayed in a mosque………

Trouble is, none of MacBeth's claims was true. He made it through only six weeks of Army basic training, was never a Ranger and never set foot in Iraq.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
en.wikipedia.org
michellemalkin.com
www.informationclearinghouse.info

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
It is one to protest a war, but another when you start making up lies to make it appear worse then it was or as in this case is nothing but a complete fabrication. Unfortunately, all he can get for his lies is five years, which too me is a total injustice, what say you?

seattletimes.nwsource.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Nope, send him to Iraq for his sentence. And don't give him a weapon.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
It is one to protest a war, but another when you start making up lies to make it appear worse then it was or as in this case is nothing but a complete fabrication. Unfortunately, all he can get for his lies is five years, which too me is a total injustice, what say you?

Send him to Iraq, send him out to look for IEDs and snipers.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499

Send him to Iraq, send him out to look for IEDs and snipers.

I like your line of thinking, yet thought something along the lines of putting him on trial as a traitor. Why you ask? Because I think the penalty if guility is death by hanging.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Being opposed to the war is no grounds for treason, much less the death penalty even if you are an ass and lied about things like this guy did. To try and execute him as you suggest would set a dangerous and terrible precedent.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
To try and execute him as you suggest would set a dangerous and terrible precedent.

I do not think so Axis Sally was found guilty of treason in a United States court after the war for spreading proganda on the radio.

Tokyo Rose was exonerated because they assumed in her case she was acting under duress. Yet she too was tried for treason so just where is the precident?

Both did not get the death penalty but they could have since treasonable offences are punishable by death.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
grover, you are right. And I doubt anyone here is serious about a firing squad for this guy.

You know that I speak against the war, but as ex-military, I find it offensive for some guy to go around claiming to be something he's not in connection with a war.

Part of this is just venting displeasure at a person's actions that are deplorable.

Besides, he'll have to live with being known for that for a very long time.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Because it is not treasonous to oppose the war or to be an ass or even to be both at the same time thats why.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
shots, as always.. grats for your moronic statements.

How about the every day high-treason made by the elite, be it in government or corporations?
They should really be executed for what they are doing... but no one seems to know, no one seems to care.
and all you can come up with in those sad times is killing a 23 yrs old anti-war liar for lieing one or two times?

Good job! Go on with this kind of useless crap. Sure gives you even more credibility and reputation than you've already got.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I said nothing about executing him. Funny thing is that unless he was dishonorably discharged, he's probably still on Inactive Ready Reserve status. Call him back and let him actually find out what he was talking about.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
It is high treason.

This person should be shot by firing squad at high noon.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Because it is not treasonous to oppose the war or to be an ass or even to be both at the same time thats why.

But it is tresonous to spread lies and propaganda about ones own government. (I already gave two examples) I am not talking about opposing the war it is the way he is going about it.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots

I actually think if this is true that he should be charged with undermining the troops. I believe that charge is called treason. Hey shots, we agree on something.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Hey our government is perfectly capable of spreading lies, disinformation and propaganda about this war all by itself thank you very much.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   

But it is illegal to pretend you are something you are not. At least when it comes to police, doctors, lawyers, engineers etc. I would hope that impersonating a person in the military would be the same.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
True but it is not treasonous. Stupid yes but not treasonous.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
I said nothing about executing him. Funny thing is that unless he was dishonorably discharged, he's probably still on Inactive Ready Reserve status. Call him back and let him actually find out what he was talking about.

He washed out of Basic due to unsuitability - it's like he never signed up.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff I would hope that impersonating a person in the military would be the same.

It is if you are impersonating an officer. You can apparently impersonate an enlisted rank with impunity.

I think too that they occasionally talk about making it unlawful to claim you have certain medals when you don't, primarily the MOH.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tom Bedlam
I think too that they occasionally talk about making it unlawful to claim you have certain medals when you don't, primarily the MOH.

Isn't that what Kerry did? My memory fails me sometimes.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join