It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Living the Lie on a secret base

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   

admriker444

posted on 7-6-2007 at 06:38 AM
Im not going to go into great details here as this is a public site. I was forced to sign a security oath that forbids me from discussing the base in details and its functions. And when I say forced, I literally was told "sign this or you dont leave this facility ever"

I will say that generally there are facilities around this nation that have stated publicly what the base does exactly. This from my experience is a complete lie. I have personally witnessed base commanders bring reporters onto base and set up false shows as to say "see this is what we do here"

This is particularly wild to me. What kind of stuff were they doing to say: "see this is what we do here." ? Do you know if the press or reporters were privy to what was going on? And, most importantly, what did they claim they were doing there vs.. what was really going on?

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
More than likely there is alot more going on at every DoD base than the public knows about...thats the whole point of having the security classification system. I dont get why some people think that all of the public needs to know everything that the gov't is doing. Sometimes its not some big, nefarious plot...there are really good reasons for having things classified and secret.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mtmaraca
Okay I'm calling BS, big time. You were taken to a secret facility before you had signed the proper non-disclosure forms, and then they threatened to lock you up there unless you signed them? No, sorry, that's not how it works. In the real world, you don't get access to sensitive areas until after you have all the necessary paperwork in place.

One other thing, someone thinks that they PLANNED 9/11 as an EMERGENCY response? Anyone else see the contradiction here?

Seriously you guys are either suffering from extreme paranoia and should seek professional help, or you are just making stuff up.

I didnt sign a thing before I entered the facility I was stationed at. I didnt have access to much in the beginning though. I was given a few security briefings and did little else for the 1st 3 months I was there. Once my clearance went up, I was put on the rotation for duty.

I still didnt sign anything though until I was outprocessing and received my debriefing.

Believe what you want

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tom Bedlam

Okay I'm calling BS, big time. You were taken to a secret facility before you had signed the proper non-disclosure forms, and then they threatened to lock you up there unless you signed them? No, sorry, that's not how it works. In the real world, you don't get access to sensitive areas until after you have all the necessary paperwork in place.

Ain't it the truth, ain't it the truth.

Also, OP, the tree line stops like that because they want there to be no cover for a certain radius around the more secure areas. Also why a lot of bases have no shrubs or trees of any size or density. They don't want someplace you can hide out or put stuff.

About the closest I came to one of these "hey - something's going on here" moments was when I started trying to figure out where some cables went, and at the end of that road found out there was a lot more going on in the facility than I had been led to believe. But it wasn't really my business to know, and properly I should have just dropped it after "what is this bunch of cables?!" went outside my "AO".

So, yes, I agree that some bases do things you don't know about, some are much worse about it than others, and that's not especially surprising if you think about it.

edit: As for the other stuff, I don't know if you're just being oversensitive to random occurrences, but they do occasionally screw with you if you have TS in a happening facility or SCI just about anywhere. And yes, little intel buddies frequent the service bars around bases that do cool stuff and if they spot you as being a contractor or serviceman they might try to see if they can work you.

I think the most intrusive thing I've found is them coming in the house once in a blue moon when we're all gone for a while, the guy parks chewing gum on the pullchain for my bed lamp as a calling card.

[edit on 7-6-2007 by Tom Bedlam]

It has nothing to do with cover. Im talking about miles away from a base. I wouldnt drink the local water in such a place.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
wow, maybe I didnt realize it but I should have added scorn and ridicule to the list along with fear.

I honestly didnt expect to be doubted or have my post picked up apart. What I posted was the truth.

I didnt sign any nda before I entered the base. I lived there for 3 months and was given little access to anything. Once I got my clearance bumped, I was put to work.

I have no idea how folks think its supposed to work or if thats how its done elsewhere. But thats how it worked where I was.

If you want an example of illegal activites that I was referring to that happen, google search the area 51 employee lawsuit. Toxic materials were illegally burned on-site without regard to EPA regulations. These sites are above the law.

Im done posting now on this topic, really rather insulted being called a liar or told i might have a mental problem.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by PokeyJoe
More than likely there is alot more going on at every DoD base than the public knows about...thats the whole point of having the security classification system. I dont get why some people think that all of the public needs to know everything that the gov't is doing. Sometimes its not some big, nefarious plot...there are really good reasons for having things classified and secret.

I'll agree with this but there are activities that the civilians should be made aware of. These facilities endanger locals without them ever knowing it.

Like I said, look at the area 51 lawsuit as an example of what Im talking about.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Originally posted by admriker444

google search the area 51 employee lawsuit. Toxic materials were illegally burned on-site without regard to EPA regulations.

Very well known, here at ATS.

Im done posting now on this topic,

Making a statement, then going ahead against that statement rather
throws a red flag, for me.

As far as the OP, you are so vague, you could mean any DoD posting,
anywhere in the world.

Hell, you could have been posted as a cook at the GreenBriar.
What would you do or say, if our positions were reversed ?

Give absolute acceptance to a poster on a website, with zero proof ?

Think about it.

Also, your screen name. Short for Admiral Riker, is it ?

Curious,
Lex

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   

It has nothing to do with cover. Im talking about miles away from a base. I wouldnt drink the local water in such a place.

Now that's sort of odd. I don't think I've ever seen that except for the sandier places that don't have a lot of trees/brush anyway.

There are places I wouldn't drink the local water, no. Hanford area comes to mind.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   

If you want an example of illegal activites that I was referring to that happen, google search the area 51 employee lawsuit. Toxic materials were illegally burned on-site without regard to EPA regulations. These sites are above the law.

What would really get your goat was if you found out that some of the materials were also radioactive, very active beta emitters. Nothing like burning some rad waste, yay.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tom Bedlam

What would really get your goat was if you found out that some of the materials were also radioactive, very active beta emitters. Nothing like burning some rad waste, yay.

We wore film badges that monitored radiation doses.

To the other poster, I guess I can see your point. However, the site I was stationed at is classified. The location is classified. What they do is classified. Me even admitting I was there is classified. I therefore cant say anything much.

My original point wasnt to debate whether or not I was in such a place. My point was a general warning about being near military installations. Like I said activities go on which are certainly a danger to the local civilian populations.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   
i apologize for the ridicule, as of now i believe you(have no reason not too), and your not claiming what you do as fact, but just a warning.

i don't live near one(that i know of >.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 01:26 AM
link   

To the other poster, I guess I can see your point. However, the site I was stationed at is classified. The location is classified. What they do is classified. Me even admitting I was there is classified. I therefore cant say anything much.

My original point wasnt to debate whether or not I was in such a place. My point was a general warning about being near military installations. Like I said activities go on which are certainly a danger to the local civilian populations.

Like I've stated in an earlier post, I realize what's classified...and some things that are classified, are classified by/for good reason. I'm not sure where you were stationed, but when anyone says "a danger to local civilian populations" then someone needs to blow a whistle. Anytime you deal with "local civilian populations" being harmed, then you might want to take that up with the right people, and not this forum board. I've been in the military and served as a DOD defense contractor, and I can tell you this much...if I knew the government put local civilian populations into danger (hazmat, etc), I would react with out a doubt and get this into the right hands. If it "is" that serious, then you should inform the right authorities.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   

How do you propose they approach the subject then?

"How would you like to join our ultra top secret, black, UFO project out at Area 51?"

"No thanks."

"Ok then. Just don't mention this to anyone."

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   

This could be a number of places:

- The Nevada Test Site
- Rocky Flats
- Los Alamos
- Sandia Weapons Lab
- Savanna River Complex

All of these places are involved in the US nuclear weapons program, which would explaine the film badges and the secracy.

Tim

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
True, and most of them would not be under DOD operations, but DOE.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Im not going to go into great details here as this is a public site. I was forced to sign a security oath that forbids me from discussing the base in details and its functions. And when I say forced, I literally was told "sign this or you don't leave this facility ever"

What? You were at the base and yet you hadn't signed the 'Official Secrets Act?' [For the love of me I can't remember the name for the USA version]. You have to sign it before they let you work!

Plus I can't understand how you are forced to work there? I've never met anyone who works well when they are forced to, and assuming the secret nature of your suppose base, I'd assume that quality work would be essential?

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by RockyL

How do you propose they approach the subject then?

"How would you like to join our ultra top secret, black, UFO project out at Area 51?"

"No thanks."

"Ok then. Just don't mention this to anyone."

Oddly enough, for sort of middlin' projects, that's about how it works.

For example. We got a call once to do a really fun job on a classified bit of Marine equipment. There were about two dozen primes working on it. One of them went out of business. Which is good, I wish about half of the other ones had too.

We got a call from a Lance Cpl, he said that we had been recommended to him for replacement of the prime (only in the Marines would you get an E3 doing most of the contractor management). He said that it was classified, but was only TS, and we shouldn't have any issues. He described the facet of it that we'd be working on and the issues they were having, without going into details about the project.

So we tentatively accepted, went out there, and met the LTC. He had called some of our references, we discussed the issue within a very tight scope that didn't reveal much, again, and he got the idea we could do it. We did the business stuff, and we were ready to do the overview and be read onto the project, but the paperwork wasn't complete.

So (and only the Marines would do this) he said, we don't have the paperwork ready, but I'm ready to hire you guys, so raise your right hands and repeat after me -

"I, state your name, do understand that this project is top secret. LTC (name) doesn't have the paperwork but needs to get this thing underway, and I've flown in and I'm ready for the project overview. So I understand that if I talk about it prior to getting read onto the project formally tomorrow, that LTC (name) will send Force Recon to my house to kill me in a gruesome manner. So help me God."

And that was it. We did all the stuff by the numbers the next day but these guys weren't fooling around.

Anyways, a lot of time you are given an overview of the little facet you are going to be doing, but not the whole enchilada. We knew that they had several almost-off-the-shelf pieces of gear that we were able to look up stock specs on, and that it wasn't playing together, some specifics about the system architecture of how they were hooked, and what happened when it failed. It was immediately obvious what was wrong (alas) and we had enough info to pitch a fix which basically entailed reworking the entire system.

All that without having a clue what it went on.

So it's not that it's impossible to do.

For really big projects, you sometimes have what you might call graduated data, that is, you might be offered a contract for a job that should take about x man-hours (they estimate) involving the design of control electronics and algorithms as needed for a novel propulsion system, for which you must be at the customer's site during the design and implementation.

But to see their down-card is a TS NDA. If you bite, you are read on to it far enough to find out that it's an exotic propulsion system, and that you'll be doing it on base in Nevada, and that it's one of those projects that they're really serious about so that the security is going to be a pain, and you won't be seeing your wife, kids, sunlight or fresh air for the next six months. If you back out NOW, you still don't know any details. You have an idea what goes on there but it's so varied it could be anything, and you are bound to an NDA not to mention you were even offered it, or any of the details thereunto. Think of it as a top secret project for procuring personnel for the real project. Sort of like onion layers.

If you bite the second hook, then you are read onto the project proper, but you're still subject to 'need to know' with something that nasty, so you most likely won't see the big picture unless someone's convinced you have to in order to do your job. Or you are a sufficient suck-up to one of the big cheeses and they grant you a peek, but it's unlikely.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Come close lads and I'll tell you whats going to happen on 7/7/7....ready....?? NOTHING. they are going to have a concert and some performers will look older and some will look like they had plastic surgery. Some people will complain that the music sucked or that their favorite band didn't play the hit song they wanted. Some people will make fun of those people and claim "it's about the experience". But as far as attacks on those cities go? Sheesh, when are we going to be done with the "attack coming in june or maybe july of 2014 or it could be 2017" predictions? They are ALL bogus, every single one of them. The one time it would have been helpful, 9-11, no one said a peep and if the 9-11 conspiracy is as big as some of you claim then someone would have said something. This is just so ridiculous I can't believe I'm even commenting on it. The boogieman and the shadows that people jump at with all this NWO/Bush/Illuminati/Lizardmen talk is so played out. I can't believe anyone actually believes this nonsense.
Yeah, Bush is going to take over the world. They can't handle a single middle-eastern country but they are going to take over the world. Yeah...umm..okay, pass what your smoking.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
It is possible to get into a situation like this very easy, it's the coming out part that is hard. I would remind those of you who wish to talk of this to remember your word.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join