It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can watching the Food Channel make you Gain Weight?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Since I've been home for a few days, I've found watching this channel quite addictive, and I just had to ask.

I've already been in the fridge several more times than necessary while watching.

By the way, what is your favorite show?

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I just realized, I'm not a mod in this forum, and if I have second thoughts about this post, I can't delete it.

Oops.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I'll save you from talking to yourself.

Yeah food channel is addictive, I was going to make Rachel Ray my wife, then I found out she was married.

And you know what???

a part of me died that day. because I knew I would never be having her making me some awesome hamburger like I saw on her show, that can never be a reality.

unless. . .

//rubs hands together//

I must leave.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Iron Chef reigns supreme!

I love all the Iron Chefs, even the short-lived one hosted by the Shatner.

The Japanese one can be kinda scary though. I don't eat a lot of those foods. I don't even RECOGNIZE some of that stuff AS food.

Some of that ice cream terrifies me and gives me nightmares. Salmon ice cream? Thank you, no. I am not feline enough to enjoy that.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
MM, Love Iron Chef America... if any of you get a chance, it's pretty good. Alton Brown does the comentary, and there is something about that man's voice that seems to hold my attention, far better than the Japanese version.

Also Good Eats turns cooking into science, and it's very helpful when it comes to cooking.

As for watching the food channel making you gain weight... I've not had that experience. It makes me want to cook... but not really eat. So i have all this leftover food of experiments i've started in the freezer. I even attempted Spagetti rice... i wouldn't suggest it. ::laughs::

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Food Network is my favorite channel

I love 30 minute meals, Good Eats (My #1 Favorite) and pretty much all the other shows too, except the Barefoot Contesa :shk: Hate the show.

I love Iron Chef too, but did they cancel it for the Food Network Contest show? I hope not.

I think it can make you gain weight though, I always try to make what I see on TV....usually tastes pretty good.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Salmon ice cream? Thank you, no. I am not feline enough to enjoy that.

hahah yeah! i saw that before I would try it just out of curiosity though.

Iron Chef is so dope i like when it gets all intense hahaha

anyway back to the topic. it doesn't make me gain weight. sure it makes me hungry sometimes but i like to watch for cooking tips and ideas . I usually don't have many of the stuff they make on the show lying around the house anyway.
I have learned a lot though it's crazy when i think about it. i learned how to chop stuff. roast chickens properly. sautee mushrooms properly . salting things what not to do etc its hella dope! i mean you have to eat so why not learn how to cook some good stuff.
watching paula deen makes me seem like i gained a few pounds though hahaha all that butter! damn!

except the Barefoot Contesa Hate the show

hahahahaa i totally agree it is the MOST boring show on there. i dont really dig the cinematography either. i can't watch a full show im like eh.. other than that i love it all! unwrapped is helllla dope !

[edit on 9-6-2007 by TheBadge]

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Yeah, Unwrapped is a great show too! Except that might make you lose weight after you see how the food you eat is really made.

And Paula Dean uses ALOT of butter.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
I was going to make Rachel Ray my wife, then I found out she was married.

And you know what???

a part of me died that day. because I knew I would never be having her making me some awesome hamburger like I saw on her show, that can never be a reality.

unless. . .

//rubs hands together//

I must leave.

That is sooooooo sad and beautiful! I feel the same way

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Can watching the Food Channel make you Gain Weight?

yes, just like finding the BTS forum and this food + cooking section can make you hungry.

i love the "yummy channel" here in this forum, ive posted more on here than i have in my few months on ATS.

im not a big eater, but i am a big taster. i just love lots of vrey small portions with different flavours and textures rather than just scoffing down a packet of crisps or choc.

[edit on 18/7/07 by Obliv_au]

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Yes watching food channels and programmes can make you gain weight.

So to counter this problem, you need to snack on broken biscuits.

The reason I say this. Is because that they are better for you due to calorie leakage.

Also microwaving anything "Nukes" those nasty calories!!

Hope that helps.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChiKeyMonKey
Yes watching food channels and programmes can make you gain weight.

So to counter this problem, you need to snack on broken biscuits.

The reason I say this. Is because that they are better for you due to calorie leakage.

Also microwaving anything "Nukes" those nasty calories!!

Hope that helps.

haha calorie leakage, a classic.
i remember a few decades ago when i was a kid and microwaves were first released.. we ate pasta at my aunties and my parents cracked up laughing when i foolishly said "mm, this microwaved pasta sure does fill you up quicker"

aaah, the foolish things kids say

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Chikey:

Anything brown has no calories.

Cookies follow the same procedure as biscuits -- break 'em and the calories fall out.

Of course, if you happen to be eating with someone else, the calories cancel each other out entirely...

I don't know about the food channel (don't watch tv), but I gained at least a pound the other day admiring all the dark chocolate at the grocery store...

(And before anyone points out that chocolate's brown and therefore has no calories, there seems to be a fine-print clause in the rules: The calories are present in brown foods until you purchase and eat them. It's the only way I can explain the weight gain...
)

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I like the Paula Dean show, she makes everything look delicious and she does some really funny stuff sometimes too. This one time she was cooking something, I don't remember what it was but she took a bit and perked all up and said "Mmm taste good to meh pie hole!", she really drug out the pie hole part. I thought I'd fall out of the chair laughing.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Influences the mind to want food! Guess that's why I don't watch it...

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Do you know how many peanut M & M's I have eaten watching the Food Network? Thousands.

I like Guy's new show, Diners, Drive-In and Dives (something like that).

top topics

join