It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Connection between Chemtrails and Foil Hats

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Thirty years ago there was a group of people that thought the US government, Military, or Secret Societies were using Satalites to probe thier minds, control thier minds, or steal thier thoughts. These ideas were based on a few things. The fact that Satalites could be seen with binoculars or telescopes, they were known to be military/government in origin, and nothing could be change about them being there by the average citizen. Also, at the time the general public was first being exposed to the concept that Human thoughts involved Electrical Brain Waves.

In responce to this, this group of people came to the conclusion that wearing tin/aluminium foil hats would block the satalites from doing anything to thier brains.

No Evidence: Despite the fact that metalic foil was proven to block or interfer with electrical/radio waves, there was never any evidence to back up the idea that anything was actualy occuring. There was lots of "scientific evidence" that all sounded great, but yet was built on top of the original assuption that satalites were indeed stealing thoughts. There was never any evidence that this WAS accuring.

Now, chemtrais seem to have striking similarities to the satalite and foil hat craze that seems to have died down.

For starters it is something that can be seem above us and yet the average person has no control over. A lot of aircraft are government/military. And the claim is that they are affecting the brain. There are devices that are proven to indeed actualy do things to air, be it filter, or ionize, though there is no proof of the threat for which these devises are made.

It seems to me that in light of the foil hat becoming something so associated with being crazy, they entire mind control conspiracy theorist shift has moved on to gas based theories.

I'd love for everyone to share thier thoughts on this matter though please keep in mind a few things before posting "proof" of chemtrails.

Does this proof test a theory, or is it a foundation for the theory. If the later, it is not proof.

Seeing a contrail or the visual difference in types of contrails is only evidence that there are different type of trails comming from aircraft, NOT what those trails are.

The air around us is indeed filled with many chemicals, from normal, human technology that surrounds us on the ground. The existance of chemical in the air is NOT evidence of thier source. Though i'd be VERY ipressed if one could prove a chemical in the sir in any way effects the mind MORE that standard pollutants.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Nice article. I completely agree with you

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Ok. Something happened about 15 or so years ago at a gas station in a town near where I grew up.
A buddy of mine was pumping gas and I was getting a soda from the store. As I came out of the store,
I was approached by a vagrant/bum/homeless/drifter whatever name you think is PC...Anyway, the guy
has this crazy look on his face as he looks at me. I was 15 or 16 at the time, and had not had many
encounters with hobo types (yes..flame me for being uncaring). The guy has on a dirty wool cap in the middle of July,
in Florida !! The heat has got to be doing far worse to his cranium than the booze the guy reeked of. He looks right at me and lifts his cap to reveal 3 or 4 layers of aluminium foil directly on his head.
I asked him what the hell he had tin foil on his head for? He pointed up and said it was to block the signals. No Joke !! I swear I'm not making this up !! So, I decided to humor him and agree that I should get myself one. He then said that he'd been wearing a tinfoil signal blocker for years. he claimed it improved his vision. I didn't know what to say to the guy so I just said take it easy and left.
Very bizarre. How does this knowledge get around seemingly homeless and semi-crazed people?! Do they have some form of communication amongst them? Secret Bum Society knowledge passed from generation to generation?

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   
"Though i'd be VERY ipressed if one could prove a chemical in the sir in any way effects the mind MORE that standard pollutants"

While we all make spelling and grammar errors from time to time, this post is the pits.

My suggetion: Don't make judgements on other people until you can make a coherent sentence.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScienceGuyQ
There are devices that are proven to indeed actualy do things to air, be it filter, or ionize, though there is no proof of the threat for which these devises are made.

Earth is not a lab and we are not mice.

::grabs tin foil and gives everyone else the finger::

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Now, chemtrails seem to have striking similarities to the satalite and foil hat craze that seems to have died down.

For starters it is something that can be seem above us and yet the average person has no control over. A lot of aircraft are government/military. And the claim is that they are affecting the brain. There are devices that are proven to indeed actualy do things to air, be it filter, or ionize, though there is no proof of the threat for which these devises are made.

It seems to me that in light of the foil hat becoming something so associated with being crazy, they entire mind control conspiracy theorist shift has moved on to gas based theories.

I'd love for everyone to share thier thoughts on this matter though please keep in mind a few things before posting "proof" of chemtrails.

Does this proof test a theory, or is it a foundation for the theory. If the later, it is not proof.

Seeing a contrail or the visual difference in types of contrails is only evidence that there are different type of trails comming from aircraft, NOT what those trails are.

The air around us is indeed filled with many chemicals, from normal, human technology that surrounds us on the ground. The existance of chemical in the air is NOT evidence of thier source. Though i'd be VERY ipressed if one could prove a chemical in the sir in any way effects the mind MORE that standard pollutants.

I'm wondering right now if you are not a reincarnation of past recent members hell bent on debunking chemtrails around here. Seemingly there was about 3 people working on this operation.

Anyways may be my imagination...

Now on to my question:

you state above that military aircraft are seen doing many things, then please tell us what they are in fact doing?

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO

you state above that military aircraft are seen doing many things, then please tell us what they are in fact doing?

Training!

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark

Originally posted by THENEO

Training!

training to spray stuff? haha!

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Don't you know it man!

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Researcher
"Though i'd be VERY ipressed if one could prove a chemical in the sir in any way effects the mind MORE that standard pollutants"

While we all make spelling and grammar errors from time to time, this post is the pits.

My suggetion: Don't make judgements on other people until you can make a coherent sentence.

Yes, I have very poor typing skills and just enough dyslexia to not catch them. The biggest downfall of this is comming off as uneducated, but considering my other achievments in life, I can live with it.

As for being someone else from before, no, this was my first post on chemtrails. Also, I don't debunk, thats proving a negetive and not possible. Rather, i challange others to prove thier claims.

Oh, and I don't make judgments on other people. It was discusing the rational behind chemtrails. MANY people in this world believe MANY odd things, chemtrails are a lot less strange to me then religion which is about 98% of humanity. My statements were in no way a judgement of others.

[Edited on 6-1-2004 by ScienceGuyQ]

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Pay no attention to theneo, he thinks that everyone who doesn�t agree with him is a government spook, out to harass him.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Pay no attention to theneo, he thinks that everyone who doesn�t agree with him is a government spook, out to harass him.

Hehehe, well, I did work for the government for a bit. However, i'm not out to harrass anyone, well not much anyways.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I agree. It's an unfortunate result of a society that is specialized and compartmentalized in terms of education. I wonder what's the percentage of the population that understand how contrails form? It's always much easier to point the finger at government conspiracies when something is not fully understood. I remember the funny posts back in 2001 (after the Y2K bug failed to bring the End) about "chemtrails" (kooktrails?) being a way to reduce the world's population and that we'd all be dying en masse in the next few years.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
If the government paid my way through life then I would sing that song... if you know the words sing along...la la laalla la...

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Hehehe, well, I did work for the government for a bit. However, i'm not out to harrass anyone, well not much anyways.

It's very noble of you to mention your previous work for the government.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Helioform: The problem is not how they are formed, it's how they are arranged.

I'm working on an airport today. I've seen hundreds of contrails formed, and fade, over the last ten hours.

Today, they are completely random. Following jets going on with military and commercial business.

My concern is those rare days when there are contrails laid out in an evenly spaced grid aligned on true north.

This is definitely NOT aircraft going on with military and commercial business.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Maybe Major League Baseball needed to see what people were thinking so, they sent up sattilites to read peoples mind.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Thirty years ago there was a group of people that thought the US government, Military, or Secret Societies were using Satalites to probe thier minds, control thier minds, or steal thier thoughts. These ideas were based on a few things. The fact that Satalites could be seen with binoculars or telescopes, they were known to be military/government in origin, and nothing could be change about them being there by the average citizen. Also, at the time the general public was first being exposed to the concept that Human thoughts involved Electrical Brain Waves.

thirty years ago, these people were right. the thing is, the tech was already twenty years old(according to the military implant site[google it], which shows teeeth fillings in the FORTIES! with electronics in them. so, fifty years ago, they started to learn how to influence the human mind using remote technologies. it is a pure science by now, i'd guess.
the 'crazy' factor attached to these types of topics, like tinfoil hats, ufo's, bush is bad and whatnot, is classic cointel pro. people don't like to be ridiculed. so they give up and shut up. most, anyway. i like to be ridiculed. it gives me the classic 'i told you so' set-up, AND the last laugh. wait for it.

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Classic symptoms of schizophrenia.

was foil hats, now chemtrails, used to be demons.

schizophrenic patients have symptoms of malevolent "entities" or odd "feelings" that they cannot control. Auditory hallucinatons ("kill the children for satan!" ) etc.

It's believed that there is somethign wrong with their brains so that they do not have the sensation of "I am thinking this" but that some part of their brain thinks it but it "feels" like it is coming from without.

It is so disturbing and horrible---but unimaginable that the "They" out there is actually the "I"---that victims want to do everything they can to stop it.

So whatever the common ideas of the age (electricity, chemicals, demons) are, they assume there must be something out there that is evil to explain their symptoms.

What is really strange and unfortunate is that the one thing that actually does make them better (medication) is something that many really will do anything to avoid taking. of course they think the doctors are all out to get them too.

now not all chemtrail believers are paranoid schizophrenics obvoiusly, but it is a sign that the weakness is there.

if there is something "big" and "out there" and "mysterious" and not under somebody's control, that causes massive anxiety.

why else the paranoia about radiation?

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mbkennel
Classic symptoms of schizophrenia.

was foil hats, now chemtrails, used to be demons.

schizophrenic patients have symptoms of malevolent "entities" or odd "feelings" that they cannot control. Auditory hallucinatons ("kill the children for satan!" ) etc.

It's believed that there is somethign wrong with their brains so that they do not have the sensation of "I am thinking this" but that some part of their brain thinks it but it "feels" like it is coming from without.

It is so disturbing and horrible---but unimaginable that the "They" out there is actually the "I"---that victims want to do everything they can to stop it.

So whatever the common ideas of the age (electricity, chemicals, demons) are, they assume there must be something out there that is evil to explain their symptoms.

What is really strange and unfortunate is that the one thing that actually does make them better (medication) is something that many really will do anything to avoid taking. of course they think the doctors are all out to get them too.

now not all chemtrail believers are paranoid schizophrenics obvoiusly, but it is a sign that the weakness is there.

if there is something "big" and "out there" and "mysterious" and not under somebody's control, that causes massive anxiety.

why else the paranoia about radiation?

you paint with a very broad brush. this is exactly the kind of ridicule i'm talking about. there is also some guilt by association thrown in with a little belittling and a dash of misinfo(medication and radiation are good for you).

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join