It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Console Wars! what do you thinks the best?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Quite a post there Lightstorm

Now the PS3 has been launched globally then I reckon come next spring it would have caught up and maybe surpassed it's rivals.

Come on people, is it really that expensive ??? No brainer really, you get a state of the art games console and the cheapest Blue Ray player going let alone everything else that you get.

As mentioned, Blockbuster are going to only stock Blue Ray in their stores, kinda spells it out for ya doesn't it, Blue Ray will be the way and therefore PS3 wins.

Microsoft cannot afford HD to win otherwise they will be hit with another claim and probably a court appearance for unfair competition like they have had with Windows.

Bill Gates ain't no mug, he will move on to something better and when that happens then Sony will need to be on their toes and ready.

Wolfie

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
So this mythical "sales pick-up date" has been pushed back further now? I thought by the summer the PS3 would be picking up steam and surpassing it's rivals by now.
This is all too reminiscent of the DS vs. PSP battle/debate.

www.eetasia.com...

Nintendo Wii game consoles extended its knockout streak for a fourth month as it outsold Sony's PlayStation 3 (PS3) in Japan by a ratio of over 6 to 1.

/snip

Wii outsold PS3 by a ratio of 4 to 1 in April and 5 to 1 in May.

ALso, Blockbuster is irrelevant as the trends are pointing towards physical media being phased out for the mainstream audience, though the studios are gnashing their teeth at this, it's already happening and is only going to accelerating during the so-called "prime years" for the PS3 as internet speeds and bandwidth increases.

[edit on 10-7-2007 by sardion2000]

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
sardion i guess we were right about this console war. the wii should pass the xbox 360 this fall.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I don't know about that one. Microsoft just announced their 3 year warrenty, PS3 is dropping in price which signals to me at least that MS will be dropping the price of their console soon as well. I doubt Nintendo will reduce the price until Supply exceeds Demand though I don't see that happening for a while now.

Games sell systems and 360 has a whole mess of them coming out within the next 6 months. I don't see the flood of Wii games happening until 2008 due to developers expectations being completely mangled by the success of the Wii.

[edit on 11-7-2007 by sardion2000]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join