It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Feature: Thread and Post Alerts...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
We have two new methods for alerting staff to potential issues with threads or posts.

Thread Alert

A new link is available at the top of each thread, right next to the social network links, the "Thread Alert" link. This launches the complaint form, with information about the thread pre-populated into the form fields.

Use this new feature to alert our staff to entire threads for which you have a complaint, or, for threads that need the immediate attention of our moderators.

Post Alert

A new button appears below each post, right next to the the "send u2u" button, the post "ALERT" button. This also brings you to the complaint form, with information about the post and post author pre-populated into the firm. This information will help our staff respond quickly to complaints about individual posts.

Use this new feature to alert our staff to abusive posts, or activity you believe conflicts with our Terms & Conditions.

As always, these and other complaints and suggestions are posted to a dedicated private forum where all staff has a chance to review and comment. Whenever possible, we try to respond to complaints and suggestions, but don't assume that a non-response means we're not talking about you.

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
My suggestion was taken

I think it's another great feature.

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Yeah, we caught that as soon as it appeared.

kudos.

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I was just wondering... I made a post earlier and was unable to edit it at all (I tried immediately after posting).
I was wondering if this was a side effect of the new feature? Its probably been fixed now cause it was HOURS ago, but just thought I'd let you know in case.

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackofBlades
I was just wondering... I made a post earlier and was unable to edit it at all (I tried immediately after posting).

Jack,

There is a two hour window in which you can edit your posts. After that a moderator/super/admin will have to do it. This feature has been around for a few years I think.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I know that, what I said was I tried immediately after posting. I literally hit 'Post', saw something needed changing and looked for the Edit button... which had gone.

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   

saw something needed changing and looked for the Edit button... which had gone.

Sometimes there will be a large image, or super long hyperlink on the page. This will greatly widen the page and shift all the buttons to the far right, necessitating scrolling to the right, to see the buttons.

You didn't happen to remember seeing a scroll bar at the bottom of that thread, did you?

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Watch out Red Herring Artists!!!

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
My, oh my, I just step out for a bit and now I got more buttons that I can manage.

This site is getting so big very soon I will be asking to have a member's manual send to me in the mail just to navigate around.

Thanks for the stimulating visual colors

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32
Sometimes there will be a large image, or super long hyperlink on the page. This will greatly widen the page and shift all the buttons to the far right, necessitating scrolling to the right, to see the buttons.

You didn't happen to remember seeing a scroll bar at the bottom of that thread, did you?

Believe me, the page was no bigger than normal, it was about four seconds after I posted, and there was no edit button.

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Oh wow glad you made this clear, I was on someones thread and saw the thread alert and clicked on it out of curiosity... Nothing happened though. LOL! I actually thought it could be an alert to tell me one of my threads had been answered, oops.

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Actually that post above had no EDIT button either. I took a screen to show you...

Is it just me or something?

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   

I know that, what I said was I tried immediately after posting. I literally hit 'Post', saw something needed changing and looked for the Edit button... which had gone.

You're not the only one... My Edit button is gone as well?!

Edit: Nevermind, it's back to normal now.

[edit on 4-6-2007 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Is it just me or something?

Hmmm. Strange.

This is a test to see if I have an edit button here....

Yup. At least I have one today.
screen capture:

[edit on 6/4/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   
This ALERT feature is a GREAT idea! Thank you!

And the quote thingy is very cool as well.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

And the quote thingy is very cool as well.

I'm going to have to disagree there, but the way the quotes look now is about the only thing thats changed about ATS since I joined which I haven't liked.

new topics

top topics

join