It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

extinction?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
The Herald online
www.theherald.co.za...

Baart said most experts were “generally pessimistic” about finding extraterrestrial intelligence.

“I‘m not optimistic. We might be alone in the universe,” Baart said.

And even worse, he said, “We are in imminent danger of extinction.”

what does that mean? cool too know we are about to extinct...

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I wouldnt take much notice on something a "scientist" that claims its not likely theres intelligent-life or life in general _anywhere_ in the universe besides out own. After that anything he might say about extinction or anything else for that matter cant be taken too seriously.

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
We are going to be extinct one day.

The sun will eventually burn out.

Its not imminent, its absolute danger, But when and how is anyones guess!

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I don't know if we're going to become extincts, but if we continue stealing the planet resources, we're going to face a new dark era in the human history, returning to a medieval state, and perhaps, forever.

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I have got to crap. That's about all this thread is worth

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
well, maybe the thread is crap. but look at the world today. all the polution, wars and so on, you know what i mean.
and why is our climate changing?
is it "normal"?
is it caused by the new planet approaching?
(recently i somewhere read about other planets increasing temperature in connection to planet niburu or what is it called...)
is it caused through pollution or was it even caused on purpose?
and why do we have increasing security / police state action?
why is there increased fear, stress and unsecurity among the people and the everyday life?

i would also like to talk about the digital angel chip to be implanted.
i recommend you to watch "THEY WANT YOUR SOUL", to be found on google video.

maybe everything is being prepared for a great disaster or something else, which would require such a huge observation of people and infrastructure.
what will happen on the G8-conference?

someone told me:
by 2012 earth is going to be partly flooded (result of melting ice caps) and there will be a kind of chaos. he said ET civilizations would return then, to clean the water. he said we and the coming generation would be the very most important in human history.

so could it be possible the governments try to enlengthen the melting of the polar caps, which gives them time for disclosure or something else?

[edit on 4/6/07 by cometa]

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
If we don't branch out to other solar systems before the sun burns out, yes, we'll be extinct.

Indeed, there are many other threats that also may lead to our extinction, most of which are our own making (climate change, pollution, war, etc.).

However, with water thought to be on Mars and even our own moon, two of the closest celestial objects to us...the idea that life is confined to this one little planet is pretty absurd, and certainly flies in the face of probability.....

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
check this out:
www.cnn.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by cometa
well, maybe the thread is crap. but look at the world today. all the polution, wars and so on, you know what i mean.
and why is our climate changing?
is it "normal"?

Our climate has been changing back and forth since the beginning of the earth. Cycles go back before us humans. Iceland and Greenland is a good example of climate change. We just haven't been around long enough to know the cycles of our earth and it's climate.

(recently i somewhere read about other planets increasing temperature in connection to planet niburu or what is it called...)

In my own opinion I think Niburu is just a fairytale. The Sun is what's causing the planets to heat or cool. The hotter the Sun the warmer the planets get. The Sun cools down then so does the planets.

is it caused through pollution or was it even caused on purpose?
and why do we have increasing security / police state action?
why is there increased fear, stress and unsecurity among the people and the everyday life?

I think the earth is capable of recycling and filtering it's atmosphere. We still need to find better ways to power and fuel our cars and factories. I feel breathing some of that pollution is bad for us, but the earth will handle it.

i would also like to talk about the digital angel chip to be implanted.
i recommend you to watch "THEY WANT YOUR SOUL", to be found on google video.

I watched that video too! Very interesting video. But you can put a worst case scenario to all things. I personally will not believe everything I read or watch on video or television.

someone told me:
by 2012 earth is going to be partly flooded (result of melting ice caps) and there will be a kind of chaos. he said ET civilizations would return then, to clean the water. he said we and the coming generation would be the very most important in human history.

I think the earth is still warming up from the last mini ice age we had and some places will flood. But then again I can't believe something I've heard from someone else without researching it and coming to my own conclusion. I try not to think doom and gloom and live my life to the fullest. If I die then at least I've lived without worry of dieing.

new topics

top topics

join