It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon Hoax?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   
video.google.com...

Look at the link and check out 9:34 in the video. When the guy hops around, what is causing the sand/dust to fly off? There is no wind on the moon...

jra

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
His feet are kicking up the lunar dust.

(sorry for the one line reply, but there's not much more one can say really)

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 03:29 AM
link   
The movements of his walking are stirring up silt and sand from the lunar surface.

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   
When I first heard about the moon hoax stuff, I thought the proponents made some really good points. But then I saw a program that explained all of these apparent anomalies very well.

One thing that really clinched it for me was when they pointed out that if it all was indeed a hoax, Russia, who had been competing with us in the race to the moon, would have been the first to expose it to the world. They were right behind us in the race, they almost won the race.

The fact that our most fierce competitor (and cold war enemy) verified it and acknowledged it is enough for me.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I'm not sure why this topic is even argued anymore, because we all know that we have the technology today to get to the moon, no arguements there? The thing that makes me think it is real is the dropping of the feather and the hammer, I'm not sure how they faked that. However, for manipulative reasons I have my doubts; that it was a deception. Not that we didn't arrive at the moon, but the characteristics of the moon. It's as if they didn't want us to know what it is really like there.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trimsin

When the guy hops around, what is causing the sand/dust to fly off? There is no wind on the moon...

hi - a slightly more in-depth answer than JRA`s

on easrth - the particles encounter both air resistance [ from still air ] and are affected by air currents [ however imperceptible ]

very fine particles have terrible aerodynamic properties - this is due to thier ratio of mass to surface area

simply put - they do not have the energy to fly a true parobolic arc - as they should if there was no atmosphere - also ANY air current will alter thier path

also very fine dusts "refuse " to settle and appear to ` hang ` in the air - almost dancing on unseen eddies in the air

but on the moon particles ALWAYS describe a perfect parobolic arc - look at the video of the lunar rover in motion for the finest examples

they WOULD NOT do this in an atmosphere with air currents .

lastly , ask a hoax beliver why there is no evidence of "wind blown dust " independant of the astronauts activity ?

NOTHING in any of the clips / stills moves unless directly affected by an astronaut or thier equipment

hope this helps

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Holy cow Ape!Is there ANYTHING you know nothing about?Your posts are always very well written.Also Electro38 makes a great point,the Russians would have been all over it if we hoaxed it.We have been there,my question is why haven't we been back to built a moon base?

[edit on 6-6-2007 by crowpruitt]

new topics

top topics

join