It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to get rid of love handles and excess fat around the waste.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   
How do get rid of love handles and excess fat around the waste?

What are the best excersizes to get rid of them?

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I would say a combination of exercise and low-fat higher protein may help. Whatever you decide you should set a goal for yourself to maintain a permanent healthier life-style rather then doing something outlandish for a quick fix.

I would advise implementing a really good anaerobic *and* aerobic fitness program into your other daily routines. With the combination of the two you can acheive much faster/healthier results.

PS) If you drink sodas and/or beer regularly then I would cut down or remove these beverages altogther and instead drink more water. Also see about getting your body fat percentage taken at your local gym because some people may *look* as though they have more body fat but infact do not and vice versa. And it's much more important for your heart and other organs to stay inside a healthier range then to just physically look as though you do.

Good luck!
Mags

[Edited on 1/5/04 by magestica]

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   
The Atkins diet helps...you just have to stick true to it

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   
It can work-yes! I have seen people get all into this diet and achieve results..BUT a human being cannot survive safely without carbohydrates..so eventually your body will start to show outward and inward signs of deprivation which is not safe at all! And then once you begin eating carbs again your body goes haywire and you start to put on weight again..defeats the purpose to me!

Whatever a person chooses to get fit must be a healthy life-style change for good, forever! There are reasons why we become 'unfit' and this is *usually* due to an unhealthy life-style or unhealthy eating habits.

So please for the love of yourself..Do not take on any diet including the Atkins one!

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Fat around the waste? I won't even ask.

I don't have such a problem because I'm already to thin. I just ignore eating, and watch as my BMI drops.

I'm skeptical about the Atkins diet, but I should take a look at it sometime, as if I really needed it...

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 04:21 AM
link   
How topical.

Mine are round my waist not my waste. Does that make the recommended treatment plan any different?

I heard once that having someone grab onto them during lovemaking can exercise these parts well.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 04:31 AM
link   
wouldn't some good ol' crunches do the job?

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Crunches tend to work the lower abs.

You need quite a bit of rotational movement to exercise your obliques.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Hmm, well I don't have lub handles yet...

What about the crunches where you kinda rotate from the sides?

I should start working out more often, I am lucky to have ultra high metabolism (could eat a horse and not gain any weight) but I know it wont last forever... hell probably not much longer...

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Make sure you go poop at least once a day.

To eat less & feel filled plus help with regularity (as mentioned above), add kidney beans with every meal you have. Make sure you add salt to the beans to help with digestion. DO NOT eat soybeans. They have the most fat of all the beans & the worst nutritional value.

The above in combination with walking as much as possible each day should help.

I just gave what I think is the easiest method to follow.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Questor
Make sure you go poop at least once a day.

..or you could have just written "add more fiber to your diet for regulation heh!?" Or even prune juice :w:
However, be it as it may..the above quote is practical and good advice which will also help 'men' especially with keeping the colon clean

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
How topical.

Mine are round my waist not my waste. Does that make the recommended treatment plan any different?

I heard once that having someone grab onto them during lovemaking can exercise these parts well.

Yours are "round your waist"? OK explain what the difference is here so we all have a better understanding what exactly 'love handles' are. *EDIT* Never-you-mind! I am having a case of delayed reaction. I get it now it's waist not waste Mr. Smarty Pants

And with your second comment *which also falls in the TMI catagory* suddenly gives me a graphic and better understanding as to why infact excess accumulation of fat around a man's waist would be called love handles.

Perhaps less
and more
lovin' would help you MaskedAvatar?

[Edited on 1/6/04 by magestica]

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Contrary to belief...Atkins doesn't mean "no carbs", it means few carbs. First, you keep under 20, to get the process going, then you increase it....

It's similar to bariatric diets, and diabetic diets as well, and it certainly does work, (hell, I've nearly tripled my wardrobe, as I can fit in a lot of old clothes now). I eat carbs, but just not as heavily as I used to...

And yeah, if doing soda, make it diet. Takes some getting used to, but eventually, you do.. Regular soda is the quickest way to the grave, no doubt....

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 09:02 AM
link   
But I really am in no mood to argue. I think balance is the all time key to healthy eating. And contrary to all belief and faddish quick fix diets(which can and will in the long run take a toll on your organs ie, too much protein/not enough carbs) Fat causes a person to gain fat..it's that simple! People eat WAY too much fat for their bodies to burn in this day and age. Thanks to the fast food chains and big gulps lol

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Another thing...

Exercising a certian area of your body will NOT burn the fat off it. You're body loses fat overall, not just the part you exercise.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saucerat
Another thing...

Exercising a certian area of your body will NOT burn the fat off it. You're body loses fat overall, not just the part you exercise.

Talk about myths and conspiracies of the body!

It's called Target training and yes it most definitely works for the 'targeted' areas/zones. It must be followed with all I've so eloquently written in the above posts replies.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Everything just conspires against you. Not everyone can be unfat.

Examples: If you were a super active training athelete in your youth (like gymnast) and a vegetarian calorie nazi when you didn't need to be...etc.

Once you get older, your metabolism is SO FAWKED there's nothing...NOTHING you can do.

Also, alot of recovering addicts and alcoholics are so messed up, they have thrice the difficulties fixing their metabolisms.

I also think the thyroid is the most misunderstood aspect of all medicine. They've made some advances for women, but remain clueless over unexplained male weight gain. It's not even researched.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
You're right! Sometimes it's hard to fight against ones own genetic code. This can be a very trying and even depressing battle 'of the bulge' per say. I have no advice for anyone who has it in their make-up to be overweight..unfortunately

I do disagree with the "once you get older" blame theory. You just have to know how to eat and workout to boost and maintain a higher metabolism. I have known and seen people of all genders and body frames that are well above 50 yet are in excellent shape and health.

Can't say much to recoverers of addiction. That's one reason it's so important to not take for granted our health while we are young and exploring. We do pay for it when we are older..and not only that, but the affect that alcohol and drugs, and even poor eating habits have on a person earlier in life can severely damage the major function of consequential organs such as the liver and kidneys and brain. Makes little sense to care so much about how a a person appears on the outside when the inners are rotten.

Definitely thyroid is in charge of our metabolism. Men have a thyroid just as women do and men can have problems with it such as;hypo or hyper thyroidism just as women can. Women are just more likely to be diagnosed because we are checked *or should be checked* anually for any change in thyroid function or size.

I think we turned a perfectly "wasted" love handle topic into something much more informative

Interesting signature RANT.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
My fiance' had (has) a thyroid problem... It's what initially led to her weight gain. Unfortunately, once you get high above a 40 BMI, diet and exercise just doesn't do it alone for most...

But, she's extremely happy now, and at a much healthier weight....check her site

home.tampabay.rr.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
An amazing site/sight Gazrok.

Wendy!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join