It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to get rid of love handles and excess fat around the waste.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   
u want those love handles gone?

I'll tell u what to do.
Go to the gym 2-3 times a week and stay there for at least 1 hour each time.

5 mins of jogging on those machines.
The rest just push weights.
Try build up ur chest, stomach.

A good weight exercise to do would be the wood chopper.
ASk someone at the desk what the wood chopper is.
It works the stomach muscles and a bit of the chest muscles like in the ribs, and ur arms.
The motion is a side ways chopping wood motion..like chopping down a tree at shoulder height.

Dont jsut sit around gaining fat. Turn that fat into muscle.

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I'm currently doing Atkins, still in induction, but I do have thyroid problems which of course might make it more difficult for me.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I'm a little over a week into Adkins with good results. In all actuallity, Adkins does not starve the body for food only tries to convert it back to buring fat for energy instead of storing it and burning carbs. In our primative past, how many carbs were available? Not many. Most of man's diet was meat..and some fruit and veggies for limited carbs but only seasonable. Evolution has not and cannot keep up the rate of change that the modern diet has experienced. As Gazroc says, you just keep it under 20 grams per day and then slowly begin to introduce moderate acceptable levels after the conversion has been made.

As for target training, it does wonders for toning the muscles but if there is fat over them, it will not burn it from that area any quicker. Fat loss is a whole body process. Targeting a muscle area for development is a different subject. I do abs no more than once a week just like I do everyother body part. I break them down and let them rebuild stronger. The diet and cardio takes the fat away. Your BMI is a reference to your entire body and right now, mine's way up from last year. After beginning a mass building strength training regiment where I mistakenly ate more carbs than I should have. I had planned to get my bench to 350 lbs by the end of December and begin the new year on this plan but since I moved and missed damn near 2 months, I'm still at 340 but have elected to get on this plan and overlap the two. Yeah, I felt a little rundown without the carbs but I am eating so much protein, my strength isn't suffering.

arc

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I beg to disagree slightly with what primitive mans diet was like. I reckon it was mainly vegetables, small amounts of grains and seeds, some fruit and less meat than the Atkins diet currently recommends. (I don't personally think the A diet is particularly good for health).

I have however been gradually starting off on a detox plan (I'm not anywhere near overweight so this is for health and energy not weightloss), and have found some interesting ideas online recently.

Anything that raises your blood-sugar rapidly, be it caffeine, nicotine, sugar, refined carbs (white flour etc) will contribute to your body laying down fat around the waist. I've noticed this myself as I've got older after years of living on coffee and cigs - I used to have a tiny waist and big hips, now I'm thinner but have a bigger waist. Men are genetically more likely to have a typical 'apple' shape, but many women now are starting to develop this too. Its not good for the heart and especially in women is an indication that you are putting way too much crap in your system.

My advice for losing love handles and beer bellies is take a good hard look at the quality of what you eat and drink rather than the amount. Eat a lot more natural foods, less saturated fat (you need fats but eat nuts and oily fish instead) and less refined carbs (brown rice, wholemeal bread, quinoa, oats etc are a lot healthier). Also get more exercise - doesn't have to be long sessions down the gym, just walk more as part of your daily life. Get out of your car sometimes, take the stairs.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Actually, I believe primitive man was nomadic, largely following heards of whatever they hunted to eat. The only carbs coming from wild growing plants, and a few berries in the temperate climates and seasons. It was later in civilization when man discovered how to cultivate veggies and even then, the work to do it was so difficult it burned those few carbs faster than they could eat them. I think the Atkins plan is a good one...unless you're a thin, athletic person with an ultr-active lifestyle in which case, your body is not having a problem burning fat and carbs. When we diet and we cut out fat and protein, we're going the wrong way with it. It might be time for nutritionalist to finally admit that the big push with bread,rice and pasta was wrong all along. Look at how we've worked to get America thin and how it seemed to go the other way. We cut fat from our diet and replaced it with carbs and then when people came off their diets, their body wasn't able to burn the added fat it had went without for so long.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by charliecarterhess
How do get rid of love handles and excess fat around the waste?

What are the best excersizes to get rid of them?

The best way from experience is:

- Oblique crunches... How?? Lie on your back, stick out your l or r arm while keeping one behind your head for support.

use your core to crunch your side. Bring the l or r arm down to the side of your ankle. dont forget to exhale as your crunch and inhale as you come up... Breathe slowly, and do about 3 sets of 12 on each side.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join