It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Loch Ness Footage (30/5/2007)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 05:48 AM
link   
An amateur scientist captured about 2 minutes of video footage whilst doing not related experiments at Loch ness. What makes this video so different is that it's not a "neck out of water" as the typical sighting...

The video is - yes, you guessed it - inconclusive. Unfortunately the parts of the video that is showed to us gives no indication of the size of the creature, but this is what the scientist, Dr. Henry Bauer, has to say...

I was sat in a lay-by about 70ft above the loch - it was 10pm but the sun was still shining on the mountains on the other side. I was minutes from going home and I had only gone up there to relax and enjoy the view when I saw something moving on the surface of the water so I dashed to get the camera. It wasn’t a wave because it was going in the opposite direction to the waves that I could see and the top half of it seemed to be black. My camcorder was on a black and white setting and it took me a while to find it again in the water, but I’ve got two-and-half-minutes of footage which I have shown to experts and they think it is definitely a living creature.

I have always been interested in science, astronomy and the unknown. I have an open mind about the monster. I know they’re have been around 1,600 sightings over the years and people claim to have seen something which they can’t describe because they have never seen anything like it before.

I originally thought it looked about 4 ft to 6 ft long but I think it may have been larger than that, one onlooker in the shop said he thought he could see a fin. At its closest point it was about 100 yards away from me. It seemed to be travelling faster than a human could walk.

Source (Takes for ages to load, thus the big Quote.)

And the video:

Video & Story

Edit: Corrected Link

[edit on 31-5-2007 by Gemwolf]

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I agree with the beard expert. Its definitely an animal, but the problem with filming the Loch is that there is absolutely nothing nearby you can use to judge the size of the animal. It could be an otter or a seal.

However I would be interested to learn more about the sounds he was recording in the Loch and if he picked up anything significant there.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Well the way its moving I would think that the giant eel theory would not be correct. I would expect a more snake like movement from a giant eel.
More like a sturgeon then an eel.
Not a dinosaur thats for sure.
thanks for the link, what ever it is its fast.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   
For some reason the video crashes my computer every time I try and watch it, I'll have to wait until I leave work to watch it. The picture and eye witness accounts do seem interesting.

Haven't had any sightings from the Loch in awhile. The picture doesn't look like the typical long neck creature that is suppose to loch ness.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I recall reading on how due to the depth and temperature differences of the lake and the shape theres intense currents running on the surface that have been seen to move objects like logs even against the wind. So I wouldnt be too hasty to start guessing what kind of "animal" it could have been. From what I can tell theres very little in the film that makes me even think it is an animal at all.

Another usual "Nessie" spotting is to see waves of a boat that come back after several seconds behind the boat and make waves that some have filmed and claimed its a "sea-serpent".

Looking at the film its very hard to say one way or the other. Is it possible that it is "Nessie"? Yes ofcourse it is, however I find it very unlikely myself but I do admit it is always a possibility. Would be nice to get the original tape to look at though. The way its cut up makes me think the news wanted to make the story and if they would show the whole thing the truth would come out.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Darn, can't see the video... gotta wait until I leave school to watch it, but I can't wait!!!

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
this blogpost has got the two new Nessie videos embedded

linuxnotes.blogspot.com...

the first one is impressive.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
sturgeon sounds good to me.....isn't there huge sturgeon in the loch?
either a good food source of nessie or a good 'thing' to be mistaken for nessie

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Aww.... nothing but a long shadow in the water. I was hoping to see a flipper or tail or even SOME flesh, but once again, I was disappointed by another amateur Nessie video. If only the guy zoomed out enough so that it could be compared for size.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Heck, Chad could do better. But, I digress.

As others have said, kind of blurry...no size comparison.

Interesting ? Of course !

Proof ? Afraid not.

But, IMO it's pretty neat and a reason to continue looking.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
The first video was much more impressive than the second one (on the blogger link)

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
the first video on the blogger link if i recall correctly is actually a hoax, cleverly done but not real. as for this new footage...very interesting, but inconclusive all you can see is a shadow, hardly enough to base any judgements on. very cool though.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Too bad there wasen't any size comparison in this footage. Otherwise it would have been a real good find.

[edit on 2-6-2007 by Mystery_Lady]

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   
OMG You guys don't do your homework. Tsk, tsk.

That 1st video w/ the "footage" of something in the water is FAKE! It is from a "mockumentary", a fake documentary, by Werner Herzog. Its an independent film called "Incident at Loch Ness". I've watched it on Starz and Showtime a couple times. Here's the IMDB link:

www.imdb.com...

And remember folks, "discoveries" aren't made on the internet. They're made out there in the 3 dimensional world. Good luck and remember, Deny Ignorance....don't perpetuate it.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Edit: Disregard this post. I meant it for a different Loch Ness thread.

[edit on 6/2/2007 by TheB1ueSoldier]

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   
One Bill Appleton, a visitor of the website Cryptomundo.com cleared up the footage and enhanced the clip showing the dark shape in the water...

A new enhancement of the Gordon Holmes Nessie video, appears to show closeups of the “neck” and “head” popping up out of the water, thanks to Bill Appleton.

Source & Enhanced picture

No matter how long I stare at the GIF image on the above page, I see nothing but a blue blur with some darker parts. I don't see a head or bumps (unless I use some imagination...).

Further, the filmmaker, Gordon T. Holmes, has come under the spotlight as well. As we all know the credibility of any film of this kind goes hand in hand with the credibility of the photographer. According to this site this is not the first mythical creature Mr Holmes captured on film...

Hello, You may be interested in my self published booklet + Video CD that is due out within a few days.

You can buy the video if you wish to see the "fairies"...

He also has a webpage here:
www.staff.brad.ac.uk...

Where he tells us he spotted on of the mythical Black Cats of the UK.

Just after Foot & Mouth outbreak finished, I saw a Black Cat stalking Sheep at the little Hamlet of Newby Cote, near Clapham, Yorkshire Dales. I reported it to the Craven Herald and 2 weeks later someone else reported it a few miles away from my location. Its tail was long as its body in length and it only looked to be a young and lean Adult, possible a Panther or another type of Wild Moggie. Certainly not a domestic one (have had 3 - should know).

And at the very bottom he wrote this:

After a recent visit to Loch Ness and obtaining images of dark shapes on the Loch, which apparently turned out to be due to 'wind slicks', an atmospheric phenomena. Also finding a strange small bone that appears to be similar to a Plesiosaur Vertebrae, I have found a number of additional hobbies/past-times. Back to Fossil searching, attempting to produce a Video CD from the Loch Ness images, possibly Publish a book about a wonderful 5 days next to the Loch.

His web page was last edited on 18/05/2007. His sighting (and supposed video) was taken on or around 28/29 May 2007. Did he have the video footage prior to the "incident", know it was not real, but later decided to advocate it as real? And where's the supposed small bone that looks like a Plesiosaur Vertebrae? No mention of that in any of the news items?

[edit on 4-6-2007 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   
What isn't discussed much in items about this "mystery" is the fact that it is technically possible to navigate from the North Sea into the lake. True, there are various bits of human interference that might make it tricky for any large animal to get through, but it does open up the idea that if there IS a sizeable creature there it might not be confined to the loch itself. (One of the most convincing arguments against the possibility of a monster is the lack of a large enough food supply within the loch itself). But technically this animal might gorge itself on discarded kebabs and burgers thrown into the water at Inverness, before staggering off down to the calm waters of the loch to sleep it off...

If it were a creature of the sea, it seems to me less likely to be any more of a monster than quite a lot of large sea creatures we know about already...

top topics

join