It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racial Tensions being fanned by bloggers in brutal rape/murder

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Racial Tensions being fanned by bloggers in brutal rape/murder

www.knoxnews.com

On the Internet, they are a Wikipedia entry. Among white separatists, they are a tool. Within a racially divided America, they are a cause.

That they are murder victims in a horrific Knoxville crime has gotten lost in all that noise.

"There are people out there that just want to make something even worse than what it already is," Christian's father, Gary Christian, said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.knoxnews.com
www.knoxnews.com
www.cnn.com

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I found the opening quote from the article very striking. Its true. Even I expressed dismay when bloggers began reporting this story with a lack of coverage from mainstream media. However, further digging and coverage has exposed that the facts of this case are being inflated to spread a message of hate. Most evidence points out that this WAS not a hate crime rather simply a brutal act by 4 deranged people.

It also shows the power of blogging and the often chilling ability of people to take something in print and simply assume it represents the facts of a particular case. "Well its on the screen, IT must be true!' :shk:

While the rape/murder of this couple is horrific enough, its simply amazing and shows that hate groups will STOP and nothing to spread thier perverted view.

www.knoxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Hate groups don't care about the victim or the victim's family. The only thing they care about is furthering their agenda. Justice doesn't even enter their little brains just brainwashing people and spreading hate. It is sickening and a little disheartening to see how easily people can be made to believe things that aren't true. At this point I seriously doubt that the mis-information can ever be totally erased from public memory.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Im not sure if this is the same case but on the news a few weeks ago an anchor was mad because a "nice all-american" couple was murdered by black people and she was trying to say that it was a hate crime..and that the country overlooks hate crimes against whites committed by blacks but she was then shut down when another news anchor said "tell the whole story" and it turns out that it was just a drug deal gone bad and it had nothing to do with race.
But back to the OP...the white supremicist just want to spread hate. They dont care about facts but even it was true (that it was a hate crime) it doesnt even come close to a "white genocide"

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImpliedChaos
Im not sure if this is the same case but on the news a few weeks ago an anchor was mad because a "nice all-american" couple was murdered by black people

This si the case. I had the same gut reaction and it was outrage. But looking into the crime and all of its embelishments online, its clear this is a text book case of how these groups operate.

This in no way takes away from the brutal nature of the crime or the fact that these murderers and rapist should be put to death if found guilty.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Im not sure if this is the same case but on the news a few weeks ago an anchor was mad because a "nice all-american" couple was murdered by black people

so you are saying if whites had done the murders then it's ok?

so next time you get robbed or murdered it will be ok as long it's whites who kill rob,rape,torture,murder you?

i hope you get your wish.

it's so sad we whites are so screwed up in the head about color.

i can just imagine you buying bananas to throw at the blacks on the tv screen and then your partner cleaning up the mess while you stuff your mouth with anothor macdonalds.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by esecallum

so you are saying if whites had done the murders then it's ok?

so next time you get robbed or murdered it will be ok as long it's whites who kill rob,rape,torture,murder you?

i hope you get your wish.

it's so sad we whites are so screwed up in the head about color.

i can just imagine you buying bananas to throw at the blacks on the tv screen and then your partner cleaning up the mess while you stuff your mouth with anothor macdonalds.

What??..You really need to think about what what you write and read what I said because you just inferred that I made racist statements when i did not. It is NOT OK to kill ANYONE. But i mentioned the story because it is WRONG to say something is a hate crime (esp. a news anchor) when clearly it is not. The news anchor was trying to infer that there was a reverse racism in this case when that clearly was untrue ..it was a blatantly false (due to the fact that the other anchor corrected her promptly)and its a dangerous thing to say (it could incite something).Thats takes away from the cases that truly are hate crimes. I would feel the same way if a white person killed a black person and it was purely about drugs not race. It is not a hate crime

As far as you last statement you need to rewrite it or just delete it . For one I dont know what the hell you are trying to say ( why would i throw bannans at blacks on TV plus who the hell is "we whites" because I'm black.)and two i feel like you are trying to say something racist..or at best just offensive and ignorant

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
I found the opening quote from the article very striking. Its true. Even I expressed dismay when bloggers began reporting this story with a lack of coverage from mainstream media. However, further digging and coverage has exposed that the facts of this case are being inflated to spread a message of hate. Most evidence points out that this WAS not a hate crime rather simply a brutal act by 4 deranged people.

I'd like to believe you and others that say this was not a hate crime, but unfortunately there has not been enough evidence presented to make that determination.

The police are being tight-lipped, because, as they say, they don't want to compromise the case, but I'm pretty sure that they realize that this is a potential powder keg of emotions which could blow sky-high if they are too free with the details.

We'll just have to wait for the trial to get all the details. Unfortunately, by then, it will be buried in the back section of the newspaper.

It also shows the power of blogging and the often chilling ability of people to take something in print and simply assume it represents the facts of a particular case. "Well its on the screen, IT must be true!' :shk:

I could as easily paraphrase your statement "Well its on the screen, IT must be true!' to say "Well its on the internet, IT must be true!', or "Well, < insert your favorite CT columnist/author here > said it, so it must be true!". As a matter of fact, I have said that, about a million times here on ATS.

Edit: Clarification - I thought you were referring to TV in that last quote, thus my answers.

[edit on 30-5-2007 by jsobecky]

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
The media is biased, and I think we can all agree on that.

Do I believe this was a murder based on race? Yes I do. And I also believe that the media likes to look away at black on white crime, simply because white on black crime sells. (Exactly why I don't really know.) At least that's something I've noticed here in Norway.

Peace,
FK

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   
This is exactly why I dislike "hate crimes" legislation so much. When a murder is committed - it wasn't done because the person liked the other one. Race or color is irrelevant. All murder is hate imho, does it really matter if the murder was committed to steal a couple of bucks, because of the color of skin or just because someone felt like it?

As much as I hate agreeing with our current president, I remember someone asking him why he didn't insist on hate crimes legislation after the murder of James Byrd. Bush said - the perpetrator's have been sentenced to death, what more would be served by convicting them of a hate crime as well?

Bleys

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
It's a hate crime.
beating, rape, setting fire to, and dumping the bodies.

How would that not be a hate crime?

Oh, I understand that it needs to be "racially motivated". To be a true Hate crime. Explain THAT, to the dead people. No matter what color they are.

The term "Hate crime", is an agenda driving piece of ammunition.
Do away with the term, and make standard sentencing on par with what is NOW a hate crime.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Look I think a few are missing the point.

At this point we have very little evidence that this was a "hate Crime" and that these two were targeted because of race and race only.

The police are tight lipped because they are investigating a crime. We will get all of the details when they are tried.

I don't want to lose sight of the victems of this crime, but I also want to point out that some groups will stop at nothing to promote thier agenda including embelishing and outright fabricating information to stoke the fires of racial discord.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Speaking of bias...

From FredT's source

"This case -- an attractive white couple murdered by five black thugs -- doesn't fit any political agenda," she said. "It's not a useful crime. Reverse the races and just imagine how the national media would cover the story of a young black couple murdered by five white assailants."

In this scenario, it's good-looking white couple killed by black thugs, but in the hypothetical it's not good-looking, but young, black couple killed by white assailants, not thugs.

:shk:

Funny how she cries foul as she shows her own bias. Pot calling the kettle black...or should I say milk calling the cloud white?

If this were reversed, I wouldn't call it a hate crime without the facts. When the whole Duke thing was all over the news, I didn't think it might be a hate crime. I just thought it was possibly rape. But of course, in this case, rape and murder are secondary to the possibility of "crazy, bloodthirsty Negroes" murdering and raping "pure, innocent white people."

Any older members remember the Dahmer case in the news? Was that considered hate crimes, or was that before the hate crime thing came out? I think it was just a nutcase eating people
, but that's just me.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
What bothers me is that the article is some how trying to undermine the crime itself. So what if white supremacists have an agenda, the fact is that this crime went unknown by the majority of the public and untouched by the majority of the media. And now...the Politically correct and associated media are trying to undermine this crime in an attempt to counter these white supremacists? That is lower than the route the white supremacists went.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
What bothers me is that the article is some how trying to undermine the crime itself. So what if white supremacists have an agenda, the fact is that this crime went unknown by the majority of the public and untouched by the majority of the media. And now...the Politically correct and associated media are trying to undermine this crime in an attempt to counter these white supremacists? That is lower than the route the white supremacists went.

Who's undermining the crime. Murders happen everyday and only if you are lucky do they get broadcasted in detail by the media. The white supremacist make this story newsworthy. That does not devalue there lives but when people start saying that this is "white genocide" then you have tell the facts. It was an average murder, rape, and possible drug deal gone bad. As horrible as it is..There are children who get murdered and raped that do not make the headlines because either they are too poor or not the right color. Take out the supremacist why should this case be plastered all over the media.

Also I love that they say "black thugs" killed them when they know damn well if this were reversed the headlines (if there were any "
) Would say black couple killed by young men.. or boys who made a stupid mistake or something along those lines..

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
At this point we have very little evidence that this was a "hate Crime"

I really hate sounding like a broken record but the FACT remains if the races were switched they wouldn't need any more evidence other than it was done by white people to call it a hate crime.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Who's undermining the crime. Murders happen everyday and only if you are lucky do they get broadcasted in detail by the media. The white supremacist make this story newsworthy. That does not devalue there lives but when people start saying that this is "white genocide" then you have tell the facts. It was an average murder, rape, and possible drug deal gone bad. As horrible as it is..There are children who get murdered and raped that do not make the headlines because either they are too poor or not the right color. Take out the supremacist why should this case be plastered all over the media.

Also I love that they say "black thugs" killed them when they know damn well if this were reversed the headlines (if there were any "
) Would say black couple killed by young men.. or boys who made a stupid mistake or something along those lines..

If you want recent examples, look at the Duke "rape" case. Jesse Jackson wanted to pay her tuition. The NBPP, etc, were all down there in a hurry and a huff, screaming racism and offering personal security for the "victim". Etc. etc.

And that was an incident that involved a drugged-addicted stripper as the so-called "victim".

So, not only good-looking white murder victims make the MSM.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
I'd like to believe you and others that say this was not a hate crime, but unfortunately there has not been enough evidence presented to make that determination.

Just to be clear, are we to assume this is a racially motivated hate crime until evidence shows otherwise? I haven't seen enough evidence to show that it was a hate crime, and I think that's the way most fair legislation works. The whole innocent until proven guilty thing.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
its a horrible state were in now a days but what you hear even less about is when the cops kill some kid i believe in america somethings arent purely racial but sometimes also motivated by if he is a "thug" imean hell im white but when i went to jail the first time where most people get out on house arrest at there detention hearing((around 72 hours after booing)) i spent 42 days in there.....and it is both sides of the tracks all sides of the tracks poverty stricken people talk # about the rich some even talk about killing the rich like it doesnt mean anything and theres still lots of racial tension but how can you not expect it when you live in a society that celebrates war and violence and the top selling shows and movies are about people killing other people gang life runs rampant and even though i use to be a part of it i would do whatever i could to keep another kid from picking up a bandana

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
The point is this has not been proven to be a hate crime. Did some screamout before the murders "i hate white people lets kill those two?" What proof is there that this was a hate crime? none

With regards to that whole duke thing. Noone knows what happened. The fact is before and during the party the boys admited to making racist statements. Also those boys had issues one was found guilty of punching a man and calling him gay..and another player in an email made references to "killing the b-," then cutting off their skin while eja- "in [his] Duke-issue spandex." (edited) No one will ever know what truely happened. Looking at the evidence from the beginning the players looked very guilty. No one will ever know what happened.Next time why dont you pick an example in which we know the facts of the case. The Duke one is clearly amiguous depending who you are and how you want to interpret the evidence. (drug addicted strippers cant be raped?)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join