It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zoellick to be named to World Bank

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Zoellick to be named to World Bank

news.yahoo.com

President Bush has chosen Robert Zoellick, a one-time U.S. trade representative and former No. 2 official at the State Department, to lead the World Bank, a senior administration official said Tuesday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.yahoo.com
news.yahoo.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Wolfowitz Forced Out Of World Bank Post
NEWS: World Bank Sets Sail On New Course

[edit on 29-5-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
OK so it has happened. WE will know for sure after the announcement Wed. Prior to this it was said that the wold bank was run by Neoconservatives. I don't know enough about Zoellic to know if he will take the same path that the world back has in the past. So any one who has an opinion on Zoellic please post it.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I dont know about the guy either. But why would any president knowingly put in a person who is going to be instigating radical changes in World Bank policy? Of course the president is going to install someone that represents his class economic interests.

[edit on 29-5-2007 by InSpiteOf]

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
InSpiteOf
I was thinking more he would appoint some one who he could use at some point in the future. Some one who would do him a favor, and some one who he would do a favor for. A way to keep some control over the world bank.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Like i said, i dont know much about the guy, but im sure he owe's bush and Co a favor or two. Their not likely to walk the dog without a leash.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
wiki: Robert Zoellick

Did a quick read..
some highlights:

-was a member of the advisory boards of Enron.

-current member of the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) and Trilateral Commission.

-attended the annual invitation-only conference of Bilderberg Group.

-he was one of the first of those now associated with George W. Bush's
foreign policy to invoke the notion of "evil," writing

-was one of the signatories (along with Donald Rumsfeld, Paul Wolfowitz,
Richard Perle, Elliott Abrams, Zalmay Khalilzad, John R. Bolton, Richard Armitage,
William Kristol, and others) of a Jan. 26, 1998 letter to President Bill Clinton
drafted by the Project for a New American Century calling for "removing Saddam's
regime from power."

source above^

so he's kinda like Wolfowitz 2.0

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Aecreate,
Thanks for the quick read on Zoellick. Don't really know if I can say he is wolfowitz 2.0 yet but that might be the case. But I did more so not the CFR. By any chance do you think that he might also be, or have participated in the Omega Agency?

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Well he's definitely a loyal Bushy.
So I would assume he's aligned with
OA/NWO/PNAC/NAU?whatever's agenda.

I don't think there's any surprises here.
The 'Decider' has decided.
Now we wait to see what scandals arise
from this appointment.

[edit on 5/29/2007 by aecreate]

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Aecreate,
yes the decider has decided. But now we must also wait to see what the agenda of the new head of the world bank is. Something I have learned here on ATS is every person has there own agenda, no matter how loyal they may be to the people they work for.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Ah yes, I see now. Agreed.

Well, reading through the wiki entry,
Zoellick seems passionate about Darfur.
Nothing else popped out, I don't know
what influence he'd use there, but other
than that, he seems aligned with the
Bushy agenda.

What was Wolfowitz's agenda? I feel
confident that Zoellick's will mirror his.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Here's a video of this morning's White House press conference with Bush formally nominating Zoellick as the next president of the World Bank.

5:36 video of George W Bush nominating Zoellick as the next President of the World Bank, replacing recently ousted Paul Wolfowitz

I wish they had continued coverage of this so that we could hear Zoellick had to say.

[edit: bbcode for video]

[edit on 30-5-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by aecreate
Ah yes, I see now. Agreed.

Well, reading through the wiki entry,
Zoellick seems passionate about Darfur.

Perhaps he have stocks on Coca cola, but he should not worry Coca cola will not be included on the sanctions been imposed in Dafur

Just like aecreate link about the Enron conection, And yes . . . the Enron men now known as The presidents man.

www.wsws.org...
Numerous officials went directly from Enron to the new administration in 2001, following the installation of George W. Bush. For example, Thomas White Jr., Bush’s secretary of the Army, had been Vice Chairman of Enron Energy Services; he also served as a member of Enron’s Executive Committee and Chief Executive Officer for Enron Operations Corporation. Bush’s top economic adviser, Lawrence Lindsey, was an Enron consultant. Trade representative Robert Zoellick, an official in the Reagan administration and former counselor to Baker when he was secretary of the Treasury, served on Enron’s Advisory council. Chief White House political adviser and dirty tricks operator, Karl Rove, at one time owned Enron stock worth $250,000.

Nothing better than surround corruption with more corruption.

All the presidents men either comes from the Nixon era or as now Enron down fall.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Yea, a supporter of Darfur was the last thing I
expected to find amongst the BushCo collective.

Its fun to run other names through wiki,
especially PNAC members.
Ya learn all kinds of stuff.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Bush’s Nominee Has New Agenda for Bank

NY Times article.
Too late right now for me to go over.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Does it bother anyone else that the President has the express authority to appoint the leader of the single largest money lender on the planet?

Everyone's indebted to this "bank". I don't think there's a country left on the planet that hasn't been forced into some kind of relationship with it. If there's one, someone please inform me.

TheBorg

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg
Does it bother anyone else that the President has the express authority to appoint the leader of the single largest money lender on the planet?

Sure specially when is another corrupted once member of Enron, funny that none of this people could see what was going on with the enron executives . . .When they took the money of hard working employees retirement funds.

Everyone's indebted to this "bank".
TheBorg

Venezuela is not.

top topics

join