It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Activists Dispute Web Site Linking Their Groups to Terrorism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Activists Dispute Web Site Linking Their Groups to Terrorism

abcnews.go.com

A Web site operated by the Alabama Department of Homeland Security identified gay rights organizations and anti-abortion groups among those that could include terrorists.

That Web site has been removed from the Internet after the agency received complaints about the site.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:

www.iht.com

Mod Edit: Removed large portion of copy/paste source text, please review the following link...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 27-5-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Well, this should not come as a shock to anyone who has followed the activities of the Department of Homeland Security or the FBI in recent years; both have been profiling protest groups such as the above as possibe "terrorists" and threats to the security of the "Homeland". What I found surprising was that the site was up for three years before anyone started to make a fuss about it and that Homeland Security actually took it down.

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Sheer and utter insanity and paranoia.

Hooooo Boy....next Chris Hansen will be doing stings on gays and pro-lifers.

OMG. BTW, wasnt it someone from homeland security Chris Hansen profiled on to catch a predator?

We are paying these people's salaries.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
This is the State of Alabama not the U.S. DHS.

Anyway, I don't really see what's wrong with it. Some members of most if not all of these types groups have been involved in terrorism for their cause. Especially environmentalists and pro-lifers.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Back in 1999 the FBI Published a report called PROJECT MEGIDDO in reference to domestic terrorism. Made headlines back in that time .

that report is availiable online

PROJECT MEGIDDO

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Disgusting!

We should be ashmed to have a government that sees nothing wrong with using slander and smear tacits to discredit its Own Citizens. Do they really expect us to feel safer knowing that if we disagree with what they want, we're going to be sold to our neighbors as blood-crazed monsters?

Tim

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Sheer and utter insanity and paranoia.

You can say that again. And they accuse others of being "extremist".

We are paying these people's salaries.

That is maybe the most infuriating thing about this, for me. We pay them to spy on us and class whole segments of our society as "possible terrorists", because we/they are utilizing the constitutional right to free speech and redress of grievances.

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
This is the State of Alabama not the U.S. DHS.

What's your point, dj? That because it is the state department of homeland security, it isn't wrong to spy on and profile whole groups of people, as possible terrorists? And why? Because they disagree with the government or society at large on important issues?

Anyway, I don't really see what's wrong with it. Some members of most if not all of these types groups have been involved in terrorism for their cause. Especially environmentalists and pro-lifers.

To arbitrarily class a whole segment of society as dangerous, because a minute fraction of their membership may or may not do something violent, seems to beg the question: where do you draw the line? You could make the same argument for any organized group of Americans, from members of the NRA to members of the GOP, or for that matter, members of the local Kiwanas Club.

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost01
Disgusting!

We should be ashmed to have a government that sees nothing wrong with using slander and smear tacits to discredit its Own Citizens.

I think "ashamed" imay be the wrong word here, Tim; I think the right word might be "outraged". The sad part is that, now that they have ben caught with their hand in the proverbial cookie jar and taken the offensive material off of theor web site, people will forget about it and become complacent about the subject until the next time, and the next time we may find out too late, that our own government is playing fast and loose with our constitutional rights; especially our rights to free expression and right to privacy. These, to me, seem like the most endangered of our civil rights at the moment, although our freedom of religion is not far behind.

Do they really expect us to feel safer knowing that if we disagree with what they want, we're going to be sold to our neighbors as blood-crazed monsters?

Tim

I believe that their primary focus is not that "we" feel safer, but that "they" feel safer, and able to target and eliminate any threat to them or their "ideals". I don't think that they have any aversion to using whatever tactics they deem necessary, to the cause; the "cause", of course, being complete and total control of our society and conformance by the people, to their idea of what this country should be, however draconian or oppresive that may turn out to be.

top topics

join