It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Trip: Bush's last hope for a positive Legacy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I am hopefull that since everything Bush has done has failed that he will reach out to Mars in a last ditch effort to pull his legacy out of the crap pot.

All he needs to do is throw NASA a 10 pr 20 billion extra in the next two years and we can get a robust moon and mars program done in the next decade.

Send email to your congressman in support of Human exploration of space.

X

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   
It won't work you know. I wish it did work, but really. In this day and age where Scientifically literate people are literally 1 in a thousand, there is little understanding of why it's important to get back out there.

I've heard dozens of people both on here and in RL say, why bother, there's no life(we looked) and we've "been there, done that".
This is of course extremely short sighted of them, but the fact remains, they outnumber us by a significant margin. Sure they aren't opposed to Space Exploration, they would question a project that will cost Hundreds of Billions with little or no foreseeable benefit to them the consumer (mindset).

In order to re-create the Atmosphere of the Kennedy era we need to engage in a massive public relations campaign designed to Educate rather than Sway...tricky to do, but the payoff if successful is enormous, Look to the Green movement for inspiration at how to get the word out IMO.

Not trying to shoot down your idea, it's just that it's been tried before, on Coast to Coast AM no less to little effect.

All he needs to do is throw NASA a 10 pr 20 billion extra in the next two years and we can get a robust moon and mars program done in the next decade.

Bah, If we do that then it'll just be another photo-op like the Apollo Missions(I know it was much more then that, but it could have been the start of something MUCH greater, but we dropped the ball.....)

Sorry for rambling and poor grammar but I'm running on fumes atm.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
It won't work you know. I wish it did work, but really. In this day and age where Scientifically literate people are literally 1 in a thousand, there is little understanding of why it's important to get back out there.

You do realize that man can live on mars if they have the proper knowledge and tools for it, right? That is actually pretty important.

In order to re-create the Atmosphere of the Kennedy era we need to engage in a massive public relations campaign designed to Educate rather than Sway...tricky to do, but the payoff if successful is enormous, Look to the Green movement for inspiration at how to get the word out IMO.

Wasn't John F. Kennedy high on anfetamin like 100% of the time while having a sickness?;P Not to mention his misbuilt backbone that made his right leg shorter than his left, giving him a huge backache. He supposedly lied about not having a disease to get elected^^

*Wonders why millions of people could have died from a nuclear war"

[edit on 26-5-2007 by ZikhaN]

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZikhaN

Originally posted by sardion2000

You do realize that man can live on mars if they have the proper knowledge and tools for it, right? That is actually pretty important.

What the hell are you talking about? I was talking about contacting Congresscritters to support Moon/Mars exploration...

Wasn't John F. Kennedy high on anfetamin like 100% of the time while having a sickness?;P Not to mention his misbuilt backbone that made his right leg shorter than his left, giving him a huge backache. He supposedly lied about not having a disease to get elected^^

*Wonders why millions of people could have died from a nuclear war"

[edit on 26-5-2007 by ZikhaN]

Again, what the hell are you talking about? What does Kennedy's supposed vices have to do with anything! I was commenting on the apathy that most people have towards space exploration and suggested a way to return to the Atmosphere that existed in the Public during the Kennedy Era.

[edit on 26-5-2007 by sardion2000]

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 06:26 AM
link   

What the hell are you talking about? I was talking about contacting Congresscritters to support Moon/Mars exploration...

Well I wasn't talking about that, so we're square.

Again, what the hell are you talking about? What does Kennedy's supposed vices have to do with anything! I was commenting on the apathy that most people have towards space exploration and suggested a way to return to the Atmosphere that existed in the Public during the Kennedy Era.

Okay my mistake. I just got a little off-topic because of a misunderstanding. No need to start crying.

[edit on 27-5-2007 by ZikhaN]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Seriously though. Bush will not be remembered for Iraq he will be remembered in the history books as the world leader who started the exploration of deep space. I think though that he has not pushed this agenda nearly hard enough.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

I don't think there is anything that can rescue the legacy of George W. Bush. His grandfather was a Nazi supporter, and George W. Bush has taken an entire nation and led them in accepting a Nazi war tactic i.e., pre-emptive strikes or wars of pre-emption. He has also arrogated to himself and the Executive Branch unthinkable powers.

If the people of the USA were awake, they would demand that their Congress impeach him and that his Executive Orders be smashed to bits.

[edit on 23/8/07 by Pellevoisin]

top topics

join