It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Winged Cat in China

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Well, there you go...
more proof that cats are angels.

Well, at least my cats are...

ps: those savages in Russia killed that handsome cat...how would they like it if I drowned some of their ugly kids?!?...

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Sylvester will finally and fully out wit Tweety.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Good...
damn smart-ass bird!!

Y'know, my ex-girlfriend has a bunch of winged-cat gargoyles and I always thought that they were so cool.
No, it turns out that there are real-life winged cats.
Yeah, yeah, I know the wings are non-functional, but it's still cool.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
awww how cute!!!! that would be soo dope if it could actually fly!!

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
damn, thats crazy. i wonder if my cat could grow wings- that would be the best show and tell surprise ever!

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBadge

soo dope ?

What does that even mean ?

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 01:21 AM
link   
...Its gotta be from all the recent pet food recalls...

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I say NAY! It must be faked, I would need to see a video of it!

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
i would like to have a winged cat

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 12:12 AM
link   
If it's a mutation it's in the homeobox:
en.wikipedia.org...

If anyone has an issue with wikipedia, throw "homeobox" or "HOX genes" into a search engine.

Perhaps the photo was carefully taken (angle to emphasize the length rather than the breadth of the appendages) but I'm not as shocked as I would have been if I had not taken developmental biology in college. They may not even be wings but legs, instead. I can't tell without other photos from different angles. Can anyone find a video clip? Surely this made national news in China. It would have here!

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I hope he doesn't flap his wings in the litter box! Can you imagine what a mess that would make? You know how cats always have to cover their business. What if the wings moved in concert with the paws, fanning litter dust & odor everywhere...
Better her than me, that's all I have to say about that! Does anyone know if kitty has a cat tree? Does he sharpen his claws on the ceiling? Just kidding, I know he can't fly... yet.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
the cat people are coming

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Could it be something to do with huge fluff balls, I've seen them pretty huge on persian cats b4.... wouldnt suprised me if they were cut to look like wings??

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Apparently there are multiple causes. This about covers it: www.messybeast.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
A winged cat? Well, they don't look like wings. It would enable for the cat t fly, then. I've seen wierd mutations around the world. I've even seen a five-tailed dog (SUPPOSED).

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by OkamiZaku
A winged cat? Well, they don't look like wings. It would enable for the cat t fly, then. I've seen wierd mutations around the world. I've even seen a five-tailed dog (SUPPOSED).

Yeah, you are so right there. Jumbo jet Boeing 747 have huge wings that doesn't fly either. It is the engine that enable it to fly.

Anyway, DON'T TRUST anything from China, nothing about Chinese.

Trust only, American democracy and christianity.

Let's rock.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
They're not wings. It's matted fur or a disease called cutaneous asthesia which means "weak skin". It causes abnormal elasticity of the skin. There have been several cases in which cats appear to have wings, and the illness can be treated by a professional.

According to the Huashang News (China) on 24th May, 2007, in Xianyang city, Shaanxi province grandmother Mrs Feng's tom cat grew a pair of 4 inch long furry wings. Mrs Feng said the wings began as 2 bumps, and grew quickly, becoming wings in just a month. Mrs Feng says the wings contain bones and claim they grew after her cat was sexually harassed by the many females in heat. The cat doesn't look unkempt so this appears to be a genetic mutation rather than matted fur. Although it is unlikely to have bones in the wings, it may have scar tissue (from stretching) and connective tissue which makes the wing tissue feel firm.

More pictures of "winged cats"

- www.messybeast.com...

To read more about how winged cats come about, you should read this.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by CinLung-Part-1

Anyway, DON'T TRUST anything from China, nothing about Chinese.

Was this meant as sarcasm? Or was this just racism? If it was then this is the wrong web forum for you =]

Trust only, American democracy and christianity.

Sorry I only trust Truth. But i'd love for your knowledge to make me reconsider american democracy and/or american christianity.

On second thought you were way OT, and so am I by replying. So take my questions as rhetorical please.

[edit on 15-6-2007 by Cloak and Dagger]

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf

Originally posted by TheBadge

soo dope ?

What does that even mean ?

Dope in this context is used as slang to mean 'cool'.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 01:29 AM
link   
So what's the consensus of ATS on the wings?

Are they all just skin disease or mangled fur? Is there some merit to the wings actually having bone in them as the article claims?

If they do contain bone I guess that suggests mutated genes? If that's the case, do you think this genetic 'defect' can be selectively breeded for by using one of the winged cats?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join