It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 F-16s NW of Area51?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 12:31 AM
link   
In Google Earth, I noticed that they have two F-16s parked at the NW of Area51.

I hope everyone knows what Im talking about.

In Google Earth, you just have to zoon in and then just navigate about NW of the field itself and theres 2 F-16s parked around the hangars.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   
And? Groom lake IS a military installation. Whether one believes they have alien tech there or not,they still conduct military operations with military jets.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Yes, and I'm pretty sure they will scramble to shoot you down if you enter their air space. The white jeeps for land, F-16's for the air.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Nellis to Groom Lake is not far at all so the F 16's you see are probably Nellis aircraft. See if you can get a tail code although they may even be Agressor aircraft for some scramble simulations. Either way, nothing at all unusual about them.

Peace, Mondo

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   
There is another possibility for why the F-16's might have been near Groom Lake:

Perhaps they are conducting some kind of aerial trials with secret aircraft from Groom Lake that involve the F-16. For example, in 1979, Lt Colonel Ken Dyson flew the second Have Blue against F-15's for airbourn triles of the stealth technology. The goal was to see how Have Blue would fair against an interceptor. Perhaps the F-16's are being used for a simular type of test with some Black Project house at Groom Lake.

Tim

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Whoa, wait a minute you mean to tell us that you saw a military aircraft at a military installation? I think you may be on to something here, keep looking maybe you will find some kind of military vehicle, like a humve or something similar.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
This is what I get for going on vacation.

The F-16s at Groom Lake are from Edwards AFB. They may be some of the aircraft from the 416 FLTS Special Projects Flight that are used to conduct classified avionics and weapons tests involving the F-16. They may also simply be used as chase aircraft for test vehicles.

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 05:36 AM
link   
i agree w/ previous posters probably to scramble to protect airspace.

join