It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for willing case studys

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Hi there my name is Benjamin Penrose and this is probably going to be the strangest post you ever read but hopefully interesting.... OK apart from knowing my name you should also know I'm an illustrator by profession. I'm starting a new body of work focused on these types of web boards dedicated to subjects you expect to see on them. I'm also a visitor of similar websites I've been part of a UK Ufology board for a while until it closed down (sad day that was….RIP UfologyUK). Anyway my work is going to be about championing you guys as political heroes. And I want to take posts I find particularly inspiring and couple them with illustrations of their authors in varying situations. I'm hoping there will be some willing participants here of all places? If you are interested in any way please let me know by dropping me an e-mail my address is [email protected]. If you know of anybody else who might be willing please let them know and forward my address to them. Please know that this is a serious proposition and this could be a really interesting body of work. Plus how cool would it be to have your words inside a British art gallery.

This is not a recruitment just something the community would hopefully be interested in and give me a little support in doing. I’m not out to slander anybody. I’m in genuine support of these types of discussions. They are essential in my opinion.

[email protected]. Best regards Ben.
P.S. If moderators dont think this is the best place for this thread to be then feel free to move it. I'm finding navigating the site a tad unwieldy

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Hi benjoepen

Nice idea!!
Count me in.
Are you gonna need a picture of the people who have posted?

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   
People can conribute by sending a picture if they want I'm not going to say its a must because I dont want to make anybody spicious that I'm doing anything untoward.

Basically any info on yourself that your willing to provide would be grand and a photo would be especially helpful as I'd like to include specific portraights in the work.

The other main requirement is obviously your words. So if you could point me in the direction of any posts you may have been involved in where you made some particularly important or noteworthy comments that would be excellent.

P.S. If any body is interested then I will send a signed, high quality version of the work, to guys who helped out that they can keep for themselves if they wish.

I'm glad people are interested in this I've had some pretty harsh objections elsewhere. So your replys are warming my heart right now.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I'd recommend contacting sleeper once you have the ability to send U2U's. His story is pretty good. Other than that just peruse the Alien and UFO board.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valorian
Hi benjoepen

Nice idea!!
Count me in.
Are you gonna need a picture of the people who have posted?

I would U2U you Valorian but obviously I'm to new to do that yet. I was looking through some of your threads and their are a few that really interest me. Especially the material about human beings being decendants of different alien races.

It would fantastic if you could send me a snapshot of yourself for a portraight. I'm assuming you dont mind doing so based on your last post but If you do object no worries.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I am intrigued and interested. I will send you an email as I am not able to U2 yet.
Debbie

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
This/that sounds very interesting.

I'm willing to help out and participate, only problem is I don't really think I say anything
that noteworthy.

My most recent picture for use.

Anyways, cool idea, and welcome to ATS.

[edit on 5/23/2007 by iori_komei]

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I have the same problem. With the exception of the Aviation forum I don't say anything particularly profound or noteworthy.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I'm in. If this isn't profound I don't know what is?

www.belowtopsecret.com...

If that doesn't float your boat how about:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here's intrepid, try not to run.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Are you only interested in the ufo forums or does it matter?Not really sure if I say anything worthy or not. But I do have a friend in London.Would be cool for him to see a whole new side of me.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
That's a good question. Do you want info from other subjects? Or, is this just a UFO thing?

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I haven't been here long enough to have a LOT of interesting posts that I would think are worthy of such a project, but I am willing and glad to contribute. Most of my posts have been in the Conspiricy forum. I'm not sure what post did it, but someone gave me a 5 star rating after one. It was before I understood where the stars came from. Now I'm back to 3 stars, but obviously there was Something that someone liked out there.

Please let me know if I can be of any service. Here's a pic.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I'm sorry if I seem a little pessimistic here, but half of the reason for the names that we choose here are so that we can retain our anonymity. To so willingly throw it away by giving out one's picture to a complete stranger is at best an interesting psychological study, and at worst a way for someone to acquire a database of all of the members and their pictures, for whatever reasons that they may have.

Just so we're clear here OP, I'm NOT saying that you are anything other than what you claim; I'm merely presenting a devil's advocate here. This IS a conspiracy site, after all. Take nothing at face value, question everything/everyone. Search for evidence to support their claims, and then make a conclusion based on what you've discovered. Only through this process can we discern the Truth of any matter. Please understand that I will not provide any personal information to anyone until I know more about them, and what exactly they plan to do with my info.

I urge everyone else that comes here to think these things over, and make their own decision. Are you so willing to allow someone to put a name to your ATS avatar/name? Just think it over.

TheBorg

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg
...half of the reason for the names that we choose here are so that we can retain our anonymity.

SNIP

Are you so willing to allow someone to put a name to your ATS avatar/name? Just think it over.

Well some of us have user names that are our real names.

Like me, ok so it's technically my dejure name, but it will be my legal name in two years.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei

Originally posted by TheBorg
Are you so willing to allow someone to put a name to your ATS avatar/name? Just think it over.

Well some of us have user names that are our real names.

Agreed, but the point is still the same. However, I made a booboo in my previous statement above. It was supposed to read thus: "Are you willing to allow someone to put a FACE to your ATS avatar/name?"

Sorry for the mix-up.

TheBorg

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Borg- I agree with your skepticism.However I already posted my pic before in another thread, and I am sure we are all already being watched anyway.( i may be too paranoid, but hey). I saw that Intrepid had no problem posting a pic and since he is a fellow Canadian and been on ATS a while I trust his judgement, and placed a pic myself.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
First of all wow! I can't believe how many people are interested in helping out I was expecting little to no interest mainly linked to what The Borg said, which brings me to the subject The Borg brought up.

I totally agree with you I would be skeptical as well which is why I expected little response. Some people have been down right rude to me over this to be honest (not here though) and like you said I was expecting some opposition given the topics discussed in the forum community, but I'm trying to be as clear as I can with what I'm doing. I hope this is coming across.

I purposely want to avoid the use of real names and only peoples online aliases to preserve peoples anonymity in the fashion it is already preserved and as some people have said, occasionally this bothers people less anyway, to a point where they use their own names. The portraits themselves will be very impressionistic. More than allowing me to get a good likeness, they just help me convince myself I'm putting the right face with the words. I just feel it would make the work pointless if I'm making details up from thin air.

Its very important to me that my work has integrity. I could quite of easily have made up faces and words and put them together and said I'd done this time consuming research to fool people but that’s just not me. I want to get the real thing to avoid personal bias or opinion creeping in more than it should.

Finally I like to think that this section of the world that is these forums all over the web is a world I've been part of as I've grown up, perhaps not so much at ATS but certainly in others. What I'm trying to say is I don’t feel like an outsider intruding in on a party I wasn’t invited to which is how I fear I may be perceived (with good reason). So The Borg I respect you contribution because you raised a point I couldn’t have done on my own and given me an opportunity to explain my position in more clarity.

Thanks again to all the positive support I'm getting. I'm honestly pretty overwhelmed by it all from the forum posters to the people contributing via e-mails.

In reply to other questions, no it doesn't have to be ufo based it can be absolutley anything. The general idea is that I get a broad amount of subject areas to better illustrate the kind of imporatnt thoughts scociatey harbours within internet space.

P.S. I'll get a picture of myself up if it makes people more comfortable?

[edit on 24-5-2007 by benjoepen]

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Hi BJP

Don't worry about the worry-warts here, but they have a point...
I won't add my pic but you are very welcome to use my avatar and name if yoy want to use any posts of mine - so have fun

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
A man who pursues art, pursues life.

Good luck. Sincerely.

Personally, I find it a bit interesting, if not telling to some degree, to see who jumps at the bait....er opporutnity.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Great idea

Wish I had thought of it myself

I would normally be suspicious (really, most of the time) but the posts made by the "OP" seem very sincere. I am curious about the format and display - will you be showing text underneath portraits? or some other combination - seems like theres lots of room to play with the idea. I have come accross a conspiracy artist in the past, but his was/is? more of a conceptual kind ( www.albany.edu/museum/wwwmuseum/work/lombardi/)
I am interested in participating but as others here have said, I would rather lets others decide whether my words have any signifigance.

<<   2 >>

join