It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does mom care about my hands so much

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I love my mom and god bless her heart but she seems to care about the condition of my hands WAY more then I do.

I come in from an 8 hour day working outside in the heat lifting heavy objects and getting a real work out, the last thing i want to do when dinner is on the table when i get home is wash my hands. Just let me be!! i know my hands are dirty but im hungry damnit! im not feeding you! if i was feeding you and you requested i wash my hands i would do it, no problem. but im touchin my food and i could really care less about the clenliness of my hands. i mean theres a point where im going to wash them, like if i fell in poop or something.. but thats never the case

ive been eating with dirty hands since i can remember, and i never get sick from it! so whats the big deal mom?

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
It's a kinda good thing, You know why you never get sick from it???
It helps build up your immunities. Tell your Mum this will help you not to catch the flu.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
She's your mom. It's her job to do that. It's how we show we love you. Just be glad she cares enough to hound you about the cleanliness of your hands and tune her out. That's what my kid does.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Since I lived through the SARS episode, washing hands has become a more frequent activity. More so when I'm out and about than at home though, I'll quite happily pick my nose and eat a cheese and pickle sandwich at the same time...

Adds to the flavour!

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   
hahah aww but u should wash yer hands! haha but u already know my issue with that. aww she cares

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
She's your mom. It's her job to do that. It's how we show we love you. Just be glad she cares enough to hound you about the cleanliness of your hands and tune her out. That's what my kid does.

of course i apreciate the fact that she cares

its just funny to me, today i sit down at the dinner table and she says "did you wash your hands" and i say "no" and she acts like i farted at the dinner table or something.. i just laugh and wash them to make her happy

Chukkles, ive heard simlar things so i have THAT to my advantage as well!

[edit on 22-5-2007 by biotic]

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 02:53 AM
link   
You will only understand their obsession/love when you have a child of your own who sticks everthing they can find into their mouth. Make sure you clean up your pets droppings before your child gets to it first.

After this you are more likly to be obsessed that your child has washed their hands before any meal.

Have you have asked your mom what she could not stop you from eating when you were a child.
I don't think you want to know.

I asked, and I .....
......... hhahaahaaa
, you were warned.

[edit on 22-5-2007 by ixiy]

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 02:55 AM
link   
well i rarely wash my hands, and no one usually asks either.
though i never actually get sick somehow. must be all the junk i eat

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 06:03 AM
link   
you should always keep your hands clean. bad hygiene will lead to disease, one's immune system is never 100% effective.

Tell your Mum this will help you not to catch the flu.

Certainly not. It will help you catch it...

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
It's good that your mum cares. You really should wash the hands. It's our best defence against disease. If you have not gotten sick so far good for you, however you could touch something and get someone else sick with germs that you carry into the house. It's not just about you, it's about protecting those around you.

I have this ex cousis that don't like to wash his hands, and an aunt that use to give him hell about it. It's an unspoken thing that you just know you have to do in her house and when her grown male child doesn't it get's her irritated.

I have heard a few yelling matches about it. Fun to watch.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
listen to your mother, someday she may not be around to help you and care for you and you'll miss her something terrible.

now, go wash up for dinner....

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
i suppose i should just start washing my hands so she dosnt have to ask me to do it everytime i sit at the table

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Now that, my friend, is the truly adult thing to do. Don't annoy your mom, just go with the flow.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
Don't annoy your mom, just go with the flow.

ah, but it can be so much fun!

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Put on rubber gloves as soon as you get in.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
hahaha, rubber gloves.. good idea

i bet she would make me take those off at the table tho, just like she makes me take off my hat

lmao, but i HAVE to wear a shirt..

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by biotic
i suppose i should just start washing my hands so she dosnt have to ask me to do it everytime i sit at the table

There you go the best idea yet. Then when your Mom asks you you say yes Mom I did to make you happy because I love you. Trust me you'll earn big points for that.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
she would say something along the lines of "who are you and what have you done with my son" if that ever happened...

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by biotic
she would say something along the lines of "who are you and what have you done with my son" if that ever happened...

Nah; she would say at least to herself "Finally the kid learned it's only taken how long?"

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I always washed my hands, and not because anybody told me to, like anybody actually told me to
I do it for myself, I like to be clean, and don't want to get bacteria or anything in my mouth or anything. I touch alot of objects through out the day, for example the store door or something, who knows who else touched that door? Where those hands had been? etc etc....it goes on and on. I like being clean and dirt free. And showers, I cannot stand NOT taking a shower, I feel so bad, so dirty all of a sudden, I prefer to take one twice a day.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join