It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

@AboveTopSecret.com and @DenyIgnorance.com e-mails are no longer for sale

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
These e-mail accounts were advertised as anti-spam and anti-virus e-mail accounts. Well... due to the overwhelming amount of in-bound e-mail, I've had to disable the SPAM and Virus scanning to regain optimum server performance. I apologize to all who have purchased the e-mail accounts with ATS points expected scanned e-mail. If you'd like a refund, send me a U2U and I'll turn off the e-mail account and refund your points. And in the future, we'll not be selling e-mail accounts in the store. Sorry.

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

And in the future, we'll not be selling e-mail accounts in the store.

Sorry.

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

My goal, my dream, gone, all gone.

Tis a sad day in ATS history.

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
its alright...

When we had the email replay alerts, thats the only email i was getting...

Ill like to have this email just for ufo/ghost/conspearisy stuff eta

maybe you have a spammer on your hands eating up the bandwith

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeingWatchedByThem
NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

My goal, my dream, gone, all gone.

Tis a sad day in ATS history.

My sentiments exactly.

I know you said they were no longer for sale but is there any way they could be still available except without the anti-spam and virus protection?

BG

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I'm happy enought to keep mine, and recommence using it at the end of the month, thanks.

I wonder how many thousands of emails must be in there by now? I won't be at my very own PC for a few weeks yet, so I can't download any till then.

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
That's too bad, I was planning on buying them too.

Were people getting spam who didn't give out their new e-mail addresses to anyone?

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I was looking forward to having ATS as my home page... gradually building up points (too bad the email was through RATS, but anyway)...

But, no problem here. Had to have an email to sign up, so why have extra emails all over the place?

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   

oh well at leat I know to stop saving my points...thanks for the heads up....sotty it didn't pan out

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Do those who allready have one, keep them if they dont mind the spaminator turned off?

Did an email account get abused ?

[Edited on 5-1-2004 by smirkley]

xn

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
and I was saving up for an email address. I guess it's time to spend my points on the other stuff now.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
just search google for free pop3 adresses theres plenty good ones,

and if you got broudband, your isp should provide very good email mine

30 dollers

uncapped down (5Mb)
capped up 128kb

7 email addresses unlimted space..

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
SkepticOverlord, is there any way to get one without all of the protection? Like maybe spend 15,000 points, or perhaps even purchase it with $$$?

Bill

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
So what if it doesn't have spam and virus filtering? That's no reason to discontinue it? I'd take it without spam and virus filtering. I can spot a virus or spam. In fact I already do that with my other e-mail.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
It's also a matter of optimizing server performance... reducing the number of e-mail accounts. @abovetopsecret.com e-mail is now a perk of being a moderator, and will only be available to members as prizes and awards.

new topics

top topics

join