It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Having trouble logging into ATS forums?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Having trouble logging into the forums on ATS, BTS and AbovePolitics?

There has been an increasing number of users who are e-mailing us through the Contact Form because they are having trouble logging on to the forums.

In an effort to provide a single source of information to try and resolve this issue, I have created this thread. I invite anyone who has also had problems logging in, but eventually resolved it, to post their solutions here so I can update the thread.

Are you actually logged in?

When you log onto any of the forums, the Login button
will disappear and be replaced with a Log Out button
in the top-right of the navigation bar.

Example:

If you enter your username/password and do not see the Log Out button, then you are not logged in.

Possible Remedies

1. Restart your browser

2. Clear your browser's cache

3. Clear stored cookies in your web browser

4. Your anti-virus/Internet security program(s) is disrupting your access to ATS/BTS/AbovePolitics. Set one or all of these domains as Trusted sites.

[edit on 21-5-2007 by SimonGray]

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I can logIn just fine, but I have to LogIn to each domain seperately although it says it's universal. I've tried it from ATS, BTS and AP with the same result.

Not a huge deal really, but it's a LogIn issue. I've always had it but never heard anybody else mention it so it may just be on my end.

Any ideas?

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Everyone has to log into each separately, so nothing wrong on your end.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Well I just double-checked.

I logged out. Came back in through www.abovetopsecret.com... and clicked the log in button. Below the spaces to enter your name/password it reads:

Please use the form above to log into all three discussion board domains: AboveTopSecret.com, BelowTopSecret.com, and www.abovepolitics.com. Please Note: Some browsers set to "high security" may not accept all three discussion domain cookies at log in. In that event, you may need to log into each domain separately.

My browser is not on high security.

Ok I logged in and I'm now logged into both ATS and BTS but not AP.

Still I've never got two for one before, so I'll take it. Like I said no big deal, but I remember hearing that the LogIn was supposed to be for all three sites, but that's never worked for me before.

But as they say, "two outta three aint bad."

Regards

(edit)
Ok the reason I was logged into both ATS and BTS was because I only logged out on ATS, so, same as it is for logging in, I must also log out of each site individually. So, basically I didn't figure out jack. Maybe enjoyes is right, universal login is a pipe dream.

:sigh:

[edit on 21-5-2007 by Rren]

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I suffer much the same as Rhen posted, its small thing though. Slows thing down thats all

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Ok... so am able to logon again... but only to one server at a time... either ATS, BTS, or PTS... but not all three at once.

I do not allow cookies but have made "exceptions" for the three domains in my exception list.

Whenever I switch from ATS to BTS using the link in the upper right, I remain logged onto ATS

Whenever I switch from BTS to ATS or from PTS to ATS, I lose my BTS or PTS logged IN status.

I run ubuntu linux firefox

How can I stay logged onto all three?

I almost never post on BTS or PTS because of this (and my points reflect the fact)

-Sri Oracle

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
It might be because the top right links bring you to the homepages.

Try click the top right link, and then clicking the Board Home button on the toolbar. If you logged into the board before you should still be logged in.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Sri, are you using the popup login screen, or the one in the middle of the page??

I rarely log off since i'm the only one that uses this computer, but I did several days ago, and found out that there is now a popup for user login. (Don't really know how long it has been in service)

The login that is in the middle of the page is still there as well, that is why I am asking. I think it makes a difference, since when I log in, I get logged in to all three now. Whereas before, when there was no popup, I had to log in seperately to all three.

edit to add...

I see what enjoies is saying. I AM logged in on BTS, but if I use the link on the upper right, it shows that I am not. But I go to Board Home, and voila! Still logged in!

So, you might want to check that out....

[edit on 6/14/2007 by Mechanic 32]

top topics

join