It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korean Battleship...!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Making maximum use of the resources available in North Korea, I present the North Korean Battleship!

The ship probably weighs in excess of 500 tons, thus the claim of the "North Korean Battleship", but keep in mind, North Korea has very few ships weighing in at 500+ tons....(Taechong class).
Word and onformation has it that this idea was taken from or given by the Chinese. Information also theorizes that these ships could be outfitted with a couple of anti-ship missiles as well.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Are those turrents or tanks? It looks kinda like a tank.

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
THose are two north korean tanks on a north Korean military barge. Look like T-72s

Glad i stopped that before it got to far

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Yes bushfriend....as I mentioned:
"Making maximum use of the resources available in North Korea, I present the North Korean Battleship!"

regards
seekerof

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   
check the hold, I think there might be drugs there

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Seeker,

I think that your being naive..

Nobody would claim that this is 'battle ship'.

(You are just spreading propaganda.. which is odd as in this case its so obvious.. and futhermore judging from your current avatar, you my friend have 'lost it')

I think that this is case of poor translation from these Chinese/Koreans.

And this vessel is in fact titled as 'Gun Boat' or 'Combat vessel'.
(factually i think its 'gun boat or 'corvette'..)

Btw, do you mind giving us the source from where you found this?

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   
And why are you so keen to spread anti-DPRK propaganda..

Well..

One picture tells more than 1000 words.

and more..

Link!

While attending the National Liberation Day celebration in Pyongyang, I discovered many surprising things, one of which is the fact that North Korea is the only nation today that has forced the United States to admit to and apologize for its illegal acts.

US President Lyndon B. Johnson confessed that the Pueblo was the only letter of apology of its kind he knew of.

The US, the sole super power, has dominated the world for many decades but it had no other option but to kneel down and beg for mercy in front of the united front of the people of North Korea, who value national sovereignty more than life. This infamous case is called the Pueblo Incident and the main historical archive of the incidence is the ship USS Pueblo herself, a prized trophy of North Korea.

The USS Pueblo on display near Pyongyang.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
The N. Korean's are no saints and they obviously have no concept of international waters.

The real story of the USS Pueblo

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Making maximum use of the resources available in North Korea, I present the North Korean Battleship!

The ship probably weighs in excess of 500 tons, thus the claim of the "North Korean Battleship", but keep in mind, North Korea has very few ships weighing in at 500+ tons....(Taechong class).
Word and onformation has it that this idea was taken from or given by the Chinese. Information also theorizes that these ships could be outfitted with a couple of anti-ship missiles as well.

regards
seekerof

Wow, that's a mighty ship!...

Mighty easy to sink!

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Is it just me, or does anyone else kind of get the feeling this ship was made out of old, rusty dishwashers?

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
It was joke Fulcrum why dont you get a clue.

If you could quit your commie hero worship long enough to read the post you would know

All bow down to the mighty north koreans

My Dad had no problem kicking there AZZ back then and if it comes down to it we will do it again and by the way your heros tortured my uncle who was a pow he weighed 75 pounds when he was released.

But I am sure that he suffering was ok because after all he was just an American

[Edited on 5-1-2004 by Amuk]

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Sorry double posted

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Get down and beg for mercy

You crack me up

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeaBass
Get a clue

The N. Korean's are no saints and they obviously have no concept of international waters.

The real story of the USS Pueblo

No,

You get the f*cking clue..

Wasnt it USA that bombed Libya to stone age as they tryed to protected their own f*cking waters against intrusions of US 6th fleet?

Their waters that US thinks arent theirs.. gulf of Sidra..

Surely it dont belong to Libya? right?

Amuk,

Get a life and sense of reality..

You lost a war to them, and you lost a spy ship to them.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Fulcrum YOU get a sense of reality we did NOT lose a war to them no matter how much it might hurt your little anti- american feelings you can whine about it all you want it will not change the fact.

You wasnt in that film with saddam by any chanch was you?

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I mean do you REALLY love tin horn dictators?

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Amuk,

You did lose..

As i become your goal to take over whole Korean penisula, buyt you failed.

There is still two Koreas.

Which really isnt a good thing as people in these two nations are the same.

NK just wanted to unite their artficially divited nation!
(this was done after ww2..)

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   

NK just wanted to unite their artficially divited nation!

Well did they? So how did they win?

Seems like neither side got what it wanted and if you were not so bigioted you would see that

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I do see that..

And this raises a question:

Why did US intervine with NK plans, and cause prolonged suffering, chaos and destruction to Korea and its people?

And was that right?

I think not.

It was none of your business and you help just made millions die without any outcome at all it was stalemate.

back to square 1.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   
At least it was a very well thought decission to dividide the country

Division of Korea
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

On 10 August 1945 there was a meeting of commissions of the ministry of the exterior, the ministry war and the ministry of marines. As part of this meeting, the two young officer Dean Rusk and Charles Bonesteel were given the task to come up with a plan on how to divide the Korean peninsula. The time allocated for this undertaking was half an hour, the officers had little knowledge of the area and used a National Geographic map to divide the peninsula along the 38th parallel.

The division of Korea along the 38th parallel was decided in America before the Korean people even knew about the capitulation of the Japanese empire. Japan officially capitulated on 15th August 1945.

Wasn't it?

- if anybody would ask me to tell something that summarizes the usual US foreign politics I would take that example. Priceless.
"Oh no Dean, you dropped some water on the map."
"No problem Charles, we will just take this as new front line and nobody will bother."
"Great job Dean, I love our work."
"And we love America"
"Oh we do!"

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join