It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virginia Tech shooting game hits the web, author refuses to take it off unless donations are made

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Virginia Tech shooting game hits the web, author refuses to take it off unless donations are made to him

www.nbc29.com

The author of a homemade game based on the Virginia Tech shootings is offering to pull it off the Internet only if he receives donations on his Web site.

21-year-old Ryan Lambourn of Sydney, Australia, posted a game called "V-Tech Rampage" on newgrounds.com. That's a Philadelphia-based portal that allows amateurs to upload games they have created, play them and discuss them in forums.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.lunabean.com
content.hamptonroads.com

[edit on 17-5-2007 by they see ALL]

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Although this will be extremely sensitive to those who are connected to the shooting (and even to those who are not directly connected), I still believe in freedoms and those that allow anyone to make (and then release) anything. Now, I am not sure about the specific rules and regulations about this, but if there exists rules against this I will gladly change my opinion.

www.nbc29.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   
link to the game:

linky...

and here are the author's comments:

LOL my site is down because they got too many angry emails and they wont put it back up with vtech still on it. Atleast Newgrounds still believes in freedom of speech, thanks.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Personally I find it distasteful, but he has every right to make it and post if he wants to.

Now, legally this is interesting, since Newsgrounds is based in America, the Constiutional
Freedom of Expression comes into play, but since he's Australian, it would not apply to him,
though I'm sure he is protectedunder a similiar thing in the Australian Constiution.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Don't get mad, you'll just encourage him.

No one flag this post.

Ignore it and it'll go away.

(I'm not being sarcastic)

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
Now, legally this is interesting, since Newsgrounds is based in America, the Constiutional
Freedom of Expression comes into play, but since he's Australian, it would not apply to him,
though I'm sure he is protectedunder a similiar thing in the Australian Constiution.

yes, it is interesting...

Originally posted by uberarcanist

No one flag this post.

excuse you

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   
the author's website is:

www.googumproduce.com

the site is suspended as of now...

here is another link:

Virginia Tech game removed...

Sydney man Ryan Lambourn, 21, posted the game, which follows the actions of the US university killer, on his website, Googumproduce.com, and a game-sharing site Newgrounds.com.

The game had appeared on Googumproduce with his other media creations, but a notice on the site yesterday said the account had been suspended.

Newgrounds is still hosting the game.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Even though it is rather morbid. It is his right as it is freedom of expression. I personally do not condone what he has done. But he has every right to do this sort of thing.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Looks like someone is trying to get on CNN.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Does anyone here remember Weise? He was a member of ATS and he made a couple of games like this depicting killing etc. He was in the news because he brought a gun to school and killed people then shot himself.

For some reason this thread brought back that memory. It was very scary to see a member of ats do this sort of thing.

edit to correct spelling.

[edit on 5-17-2007 by CPYKOmega]

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   
#. Weiss. #. I remember reading some of his posts and didn't think anything of it at the time.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   

No one flag this post.

I was referring to the man who created the game, he is a troll and he feeds on hate. Please do not furthermore discuss his antics.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
Looks like someone is trying to get on CNN.

that's what i thought, too...

Originally posted by CPYKOmega
Does anyone here remember Weise? He was a member of ATS and he made a couple of games like this depicting killing etc. He was in the news because he brought a gun to school and killed people then shot himself.

i remember that...

here is yet another link:

Outrage over Virginia Tech game...

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Please do not furthermore discuss his antics.

i'll do whatever i want, but thanks for trying

i am simply sharing a news story...

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

Please do not furthermore discuss his antics.

i'll do whatever i want, but thanks for trying

i am simply sharing a news story...

I'll bet you're him.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Really, what good do you hope to do by discussing this incident?

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   

I'll bet you're him.

no i am not...

but, i will say that, i think that this man is very smart (he is getting "air time" and he could have made money from this)...

i just want to share it with ATS...

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I may not think that this game is within the best of taste but he has every right to make it. There is, however, one thing which I have an issue with:

He demands donations on his site so that he will take it down. If he was simply exercising his right to make something like this then, fine...good for him and more power to him I suppose. However, it seems that his intentions are to make money off of this and, in the process, undermines whatever credibility he would have otherwise.

Controversial, fine...go for it.

Controversial for the sake of exploiting emotion for money...no, not alright in my book.

In short: He has the right to and I suppose I support that right. I do not support his using this right in an attempt to milk money out of it. That is distasteful...more so then the game itself.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   

i just want to share it with ATS...

still doesn't answer my question

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
uberarcanist please take your trolling elsewhere. We do not enjoy people trolling threads. They see ALL has presented a news piece. If you have something against the authors game then fine. Don't take it out on the author of this thread.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join