It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS IS FIXED!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2002 @ 08:09 AM
link   
This morning, on the subway I realized the content we're not seeing is the same content automatically censored by the XMB censoring tool. Since there have been no new censor keys added in a while, I decided to remove all of them and BAM all the posts returned.

So, one by one I reinstalled the censor keywords and we have posts after they were all added back. I'm certain they're in a different order than previously, so that might be the cause.

If all you lunatics wouldn't swear so much, this would be a non-issue.

posted on Nov, 27 2002 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Hey, William what about our right to free speech. LOL

posted on Nov, 27 2002 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist
Hey, William what about our right to free speech. LOL

right to free speech? this is a privately owned site, that someone is paying for...
not with our tax money.
posting on ats is a privilege... has nothing to do with your rights

posted on Nov, 27 2002 @ 02:53 PM
link   
A Leninist who's speaking about privileges. Incredible !

posted on Nov, 27 2002 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Hey we got our cat fixed .... now ATS is fixed ... does that mean ATS is effectively neutered?

posted on Nov, 27 2002 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Great detective work, William!

posted on Nov, 28 2002 @ 12:16 AM
link   
an adult version of ATS, with the swearing. You could include naked photos of aliens, and use the word cock when actually quoting a resource pertaining to a rooster! This means the site would function normally when Tyler posts something. LOLOLOL

posted on Nov, 28 2002 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Yeea
I was just thinking about it. We should have an "adult" or freespeech sub section somewhere in here.

posted on Nov, 28 2002 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Why not invite all the "adults" to have an unmoderated, sling-fest in your site?

posted on Nov, 28 2002 @ 08:07 AM
link   
It can just be one section, why not declaringthe freedom of speech in the chit chat area for instance? It is not related to conspiracies anyway so why not. Its just one section

posted on Nov, 28 2002 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I offered an idea to William simliar like yours but mine was more along the "crazy talk" side

posted on Nov, 28 2002 @ 08:53 AM
link   
YEAHH WILLIE!!! PEOPLE WANT IT!

Let us go wild.

posted on Nov, 28 2002 @ 12:03 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 28 2002 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Is this a take over of the ATS forum by william. No one has seen nor heard of simon for some time now. What have you done William had your assasins kill simon off so you can put your self in power and run ATS. Who do you work for Wiiliam the government, Millitary intel service.

posted on Nov, 28 2002 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Glad it's fixed!

posted on Nov, 28 2002 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Clive, William gets my backing, he's done an excellent job so far, he's a great admin. Simon is involved with new activities outside of the board, and so, from what I have heard, has not much time to spend on it.

His board couldn't be in better hands .... he's definitly a value-added admin (just check his themes and his quick fixing)

Originally posted by clive
Is this a take over of the ATS forum by william. No one has seen nor heard of simon for some time now. What have you done William had your assasins kill simon off so you can put your self in power and run ATS. Who do you work for Wiiliam the government, Millitary intel service.

posted on Nov, 28 2002 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I'm not particularly interested in a free-for-all, cussin' and dis-cussin and talkin about drinkin' and wimmin type of board. That sort of thing tends to go downhill quickly and the noise to information ration is very high (lots and lots and lots and lots of noise and almost zero information.)

And tempers get out of hand.

But ya'll are welcome to start one somewhere. Might be fun... an alternative ATS.

posted on Nov, 28 2002 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tyler
It can just be one section, why not declaringthe freedom of speech in the chit chat area for instance? It is not related to conspiracies anyway so why not. Its just one section

The Chat area remains an appropriate section for discussing any topic you please. You're certainly free to discuss anything you like in Chit Chat as long as you comply with ATS's "Conditions of Use" policy written by Simon: xmb.abovetopsecret.com...

However, as we've seen recently, some topics run their course, and our moderators choose to lock or delete if warrented. It's the job of the moderators to maintain a general tone and "flavor" that defines Above Top Secret. From time to time, it may seem unfair to see a favorite thread locked or removed, but you can be certain it is for a reason. For example, some threads attract a high quantity of unsavory posts that must be deleted, when this becomes too tedious, the thread is locked or removed. When this happens, it's very likely you will not actually see these cleaned-up posts.

Bob88 and I have been asked by Simon to help maintain the site while he cannot. We're not here to change the intent of ATS, or modify the type community Simon designed. Adding a new "free for all" forum is altering Simon's original intent for ATS.

With the help of our moderators, we're doing our best to keep ATS a premier destination for educated discussion of conspiracy related topics... not another discussion forum with a subculture of flame artists.

[Edited on 29-11-2002 by William]

posted on Nov, 29 2002 @ 07:23 AM
link   
One more point...

This topic was discussed amongst the moderators in Cosmic and we all agree ATS needs no changes at this point. However, we have all agreed to use a lighter hand when considering what posts should be removed or locked in Chit Chat.

posted on Nov, 29 2002 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I think the board should stay the way it is.

The last thing we need is a flaming forum.

That does nothing but invite trouble makers to run rampant.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join