It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientology's response to BBC Panorama exclusive

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Some of the Scientology videos on You Tube are amazingly funny, especially the ones submitted by XENUTV on the Fourth of July event.

Part one
Part two
Part three

Dan's an OT-8! Postulate us gone, Dan! Postulate us gone!

An excerpt from the second part. They look like a fun group to upset, but I can't say I would want them following me around or investigating me. It's remarkable how when Scientology's so-called leaders speak out to defend their "religion" they accomplish the exact opposite, exposing how dangerous and extremist it truly is.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
i just saw both as well... and they both creep me out.

First of all, the BBC reporter was obviously biased, and looking for a reaction with everyone he interviewed. I also got the feeling he was ambushing certain people and places for the perceived look of the ambushed interviewees being secretive and resisting to comment.

the Scientology rebuttal video emphasized this greatly, especially with the celebrity interviews, and the number of times he said "Some people say..." reminded me of the documentary on rupert murdock, "Outfoxed." Some people say, is a common phrase to inject an opinion into something that is supposed to be objective.

Now the Scientologists were creepy as well. They were obviously following him around everywhere, and the strangest thing was when Tommy rushed the interview on top of that building, and started discrediting the guy being interviewed, by brining up charges from decades ago. Pretty damn strange if you ask me, nothing like i've ever seen before.

Either way, neither video gave me any more insight to scientology.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Wow, that scientology video is really convincing.... not. At least some of it is fabricated, and also they demonstrate how much they follow him about. Bad enough if that is what Sweeney did, but considering that they basically show things they would only know if they stalk him, they don't do any favours to themselves.

Scientology also forgets that UK law says Scientology is not a religion, and apparently when in the US it is a religion, but frankly, just because the law says something doesn't make it true/false/religion etc.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Fear of the unknown - - always interesting.

I've seen "Jesus Camp"

Now I know all there is about being Christian.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Im amazed that humans still need hocus pocus like Scientology or Christianity or Islam (whatever)

Can people make up their own minds about the world without it being force fed to them.

Religeon, cults whatever you want to call em all seem to be run by and filled up with very insecure people.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I believe in intelligent energy - - but "they" think I'm a crazy devil worshiper - or something.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Check out John Sweeney's response to the YouTube video...

news.bbc.co.uk...

The battleground is YouTube and Scientology's weapon is a clip of me losing it in the "Mind Control" section of a gruesome exhibition.

Scientology has fought many battles to keep its secrets off the web, now they are using it to attack my investigation into them.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Scientology is a disgrace, that documentary made me want to be physically sick. I can't believe people are so gulluble to join and pay such organisation. They are close to Nazi like, seriously stalking them, following them everywhere they go, thats against the law in the U.S surely?

They pray on these people to get all the information they can on them, if they want to leave they threaten to bring up all the dirt about them and release it the public. It's a complete scam that ruins lifes, brainwashing them. Grrr it made me so mad watching it last night, no wonder the journalist went crazy at the end, could you imagine being watched, followed everywhere you went for 7 days. Hope more information is leaked about them and the people at the top of the company are shown to be the fraud's that they are, these people need throwing in prison. Family breaking cult thats all that they are.

Hey after this post wouldnt be suprised if they turn up at my door, trying to tell people "how im bad" and i've done this and that. After posting on this forum, its just shocking that they can get away with this.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by rustiswordz
Im amazed that humans still need hocus pocus like Scientology or Christianity or Islam (whatever)

Can people make up their own minds about the world without it being force fed to them.

Religeon, cults whatever you want to call em all seem to be run by and filled up with very insecure people.

ah, but that is just like with anything. out of a given group, 85% are completely oblivious to the big picture. They like how the mantras sound, and like the way of life - perhaps it gives them an identity to latch onto. Then there are the 15% who really know what is going on, and their intentions range from benevolent to evil.

I am not for any certain religion, but I'm also not against any of them. I bet if I knew more about scientology, I would experience and learn new things. Same with someone who is familiar with many religions, and myths from various cultures - always learning, not being brainwashed or insecure.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I am an independent Scientologist .

I don't disagree with most of what is said on this thread.

The church keeps shooting itself in the foot and that is not too smart.

I lost all my friends in the church and yes after the take over in the late 70's and early 80's I was stupid to give them money but look at the lessons I would have missed out on.

I would not throw out the baby with the bathwater though. There is a lot of good there but too bad they are altering the original teachings. A member who has not left yet but probably will told me that he would not be surprised if they discovered (again) a new video or tape with Ron on it made up out of computer generated voice of Ron's or video of him. That is how it is going there.

They do do shunning (disconnection) I am a victim of that one.

I decided to keep the good and leave the bad behind. But sad some who leave also take it with them and don't know they have it yet.

I did but I dump it as soon as I do but I still keep the good.

Scien in their message lied.

The BBC was a bit biased but I was not there to see how it fully went.

I just know what the church does and how they don't care what they do to someone and what it's results was. For me I wanted to die when I was tossed but here I am years later going forward.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by scientist

Originally posted by rustiswordz

ah, but that is just like with anything. out of a given group, 85% are completely oblivious to the big picture. They like how the mantras sound, and like the way of life - perhaps it gives them an identity to latch onto. Then there are the 15% who really know what is going on, and their intentions range from benevolent to evil.

I am not for any certain religion, but I'm also not against any of them. I bet if I knew more about scientology, I would experience and learn new things. Same with someone who is familiar with many religions, and myths from various cultures - always learning, not being brainwashed or insecure.

Thank you Scientist.

For your wisdom.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Thanks for your input Fancy Lady.
Do you have anything else to tell us? I'd really like to hear more and others would to.

Why do they all deny Xenu? Embaressment, or they really dont know?

I think teachings similar to, or better than scientology are around.
Why still call yourself a scientologist?

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valorian
The "panorama exposed" link is non-youtube so that is fine to view,

Huh ?

but I shouldn't worry too much about going to youtube unless you are military. Anyway are you goona let some supepower get the best of you and not watch anything - THAT'S WHAT THEY WANT

Umm, can you tell me what you mean - why do you have to worry if you are millitary and go to youtube ?

I go there all the time, and.. well fill me in..

edited - fixed the first sentence and re-worded second, after realising I got it wrong..

[edit on 17/5/2007 by badw0lf]

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Well it is very clear to me that the BBC used the same tactics as they claim scientology does.
If you watch the scientology video you can clearly see that the BBC uses brain washing technics to make thier claims.

Let me make it clear that i am not a member of scientology and i never will be.
But having said that, the BBC only makes unproven claims of brain washing technics used by scientology.
Not proper journalism i think.

This panorama report just shows that the BBC is one of the main brain washers in this scenario.

It is sad to see this type of low end journalism and so many people not seeing it.

If you claim these full on claims against scientology, than it is not strange that they want to defend themselves against this form of slander.

And what this scientology video shows about this reporter is realy frightning.
Of course it is biased but still shows a lot of "bad journalism"

This whole afair looks to me like Panorama wanted to have a nice slander report on scientology that would be from the beginning set out to put scientology in a bad light.

Scientology is probebly just as bad in their statement, but it is not proven by the Panorama report.
Scientology on the other side seems to have a fair claim and proof that the BBC is using brainwashing technics.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mephorium
Some of the Scientology videos on You Tube are amazingly funny, especially the ones submitted by XENUTV on the Fourth of July event.

Part one

Oh my god, I'm half way through this first video and I'm gobsmacked.

Wow, that's just absolutely scary. Such a vitriolic attack by those 3 morons who have absolutely no regard for freedom or truth, really makes me angry to watch.

So glad the scientologists in Australia are weak little corner bugs, who you can just hassle as they try to snare victims.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by T0by
Thanks for your input Fancy Lady.
Do you have anything else to tell us? I'd really like to hear more and others would to.

Why do they all deny Xenu? Embaressment, or they really dont know?

I think teachings similar to, or better than scientology are around.
Why still call yourself a scientologist?

In regards to denying Xenu, I would suggest it is because a scientologist is not allowed to know about the story until they are a certain OT level. I think 3.

If they know about it before then, bad things happen to them.

So for an OT 8 or whatever to confirm the story would be a bad thing.

Thats just from what I remember reading years ago. I may be wrong, but wont expect a scientologist to verify it anytime soon. Ex-scientologists claimed this.

I think anyone falling for the writings of a sci-fi writer who made it clear he was going to get rich turning a science fiction story into a religion, is a very very sorry person. Wether or not there are good parts, Id lose the tag scientologist and just go with aware human being.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 05:50 AM
link   
After watching both videos i am now even more sure that scientology is a trailer load of S**t.

They want to control everything, anything said against them is obviously illegal or something...

How their representitive that followed the bbc crew arround manages to convince anyone scientology is a legit organsiation has me stumped. If The only way you can defend your faith is by slandering anyone who doesnt agree then how can you expect anyone to goin you little group?

I think the whole thing is madness.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Just this rebuttal by scientology alone should tell you the length's that
they will go to just to speak ill of anyone who want to show that they are nothing short of a cult . and a cult that should be dealt with .

edit -

just finished watching , and that was nothing but a hit piece for scientology . they had the nerve to show the celebrity interview's after
they had threatened to sue the bbc if they used it . what a bunch of losers !

[edit on 17-5-2007 by gen.disaray]

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by FancyLady
I am an independent Scientologist .

I don't disagree with most of what is said on this thread.

The church keeps shooting itself in the foot and that is not too smart.

I lost all my friends in the church and yes after the take over in the late 70's and early 80's I was stupid to give them money but look at the lessons I would have missed out on.

I would not throw out the baby with the bathwater though. There is a lot of good there but too bad they are altering the original teachings. A member who has not left yet but probably will told me that he would not be surprised if they discovered (again) a new video or tape with Ron on it made up out of computer generated voice of Ron's or video of him. That is how it is going there.

They do do shunning (disconnection) I am a victim of that one.

I decided to keep the good and leave the bad behind. But sad some who leave also take it with them and don't know they have it yet.

I did but I dump it as soon as I do but I still keep the good.

Scien in their message lied.

The BBC was a bit biased but I was not there to see how it fully went.

I just know what the church does and how they don't care what they do to someone and what it's results was. For me I wanted to die when I was tossed but here I am years later going forward.

Hi Fancy Lady
Thanks for coming forward and saying your piece for and against (which is important)
How does all the shunning make you feel with regards to paying for this to happen??

Edn

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I cant believe im actually going to say this, but the first few minutes of the "panorama exposed" video I actually have to agree with the comments about the quality of the BBC's shows, most of them are crap, most of them are dumbed down. This is what Sir. Patrick Moore was saying in an interview just not long ago (in response to the BBC airing his show at 2am in the morning) www.belowtopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join