It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamas attacking Israel again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
20 Kassam missles fired at Israel today wounding several people in their homes. The daily missle barrage against Israel by Hamas has been increasing in number in frequenc y and intesity yet Israel is doing nothing about it. What is wrong withe them? They are continuing to be hit and obviously turning the other cheek is only making Hamas more bold. Israel's leadership is at an all time low.

www.jpost.com...

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Israel is doing nothing about it? LOL They've been killing people on an almost constant basis. While they may have had a cease fire in Gaza they were fully active in the West Bank. I wonder if this report had anything to do with it

It states furthermore that the fabric of Palestinian life in Hebron has been badly damaged as a result of the severe restriction of movement imposed by the IDF on the city's Arab inhabitants, particularly since the outbreak of the second intifada. IDF policy prohibits Palestinians from walking or driving on the main streets of the city; the army also uses military orders to close Palestinian-owned business and prevents local authorities from enforcing the law against settlers who use violence against Palestinians and their property.

In addition, the organizations claim, there is a "routine of violence and harassment" on the part of the security forces against Palestinian residents. In the first three years of the intifada, curfews were imposed against those living in the center of Hebron on at least 377 days, often for days at a time, with short breaks in which those affected were allowed to stock up on provisions.

Source

Imagine having curfews placed on you for 377 days at a clip? Now i realize you could care less since these are after all just a bunch of arabs, but they are human beings. The Israelis themselves did not like being huddled into ghettos by the nazi's and even moreso did not like it when the Brits did it to them and the Brits were at least humane about it, yet the Israeli's set about bombing, killing, and even hanging british soldiers for their Independence.

An important note: READ the comments on the bottom of that report and see the responses of Israeli and American Jews in regards to this report. Many of them are supportive of the results and Im not talking about the results of the report, Im talking about the Palestinians being forced out. The Pals wether you can face the facts or not Prince are fighting for their very lives. Terrorism is alive and well in Israel and its not just Arabs doing the terrorizing. Kahanists are alive and well in Israel and the USA.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
PieMaN you have to remember Israel is the Nation that is allowed to attack others and destroy lives in Offence and defence

They areant tied down by International laws
heck they are above the laws

Israel Jerusalem policy condemned
The international Red Cross has privately accused Israel of reshaping Jerusalem to further its own interests, in violation of international law.
A leaked ICRC report says Israeli policy has far-reaching humanitarian consequences for Palestinians living under occupation in East Jerusalem.

Israel captured East Jerusalem in 1967, and the territory is regarded as occupied land under international law.

But Israel rejects this, and says the report's premise is, therefore, wrong.

The report says Israel shows "general disregard"for its obligations under international humanitarian law and the law of military occupation in particular.

Violations that change the status of East Jerusalem include the West Bank barrier, an outer ring of Jewish settlements around the city and roads to connect Israeli districts and settlements, the report says.

An ICRC spokesman confirmed that leaked quotations in a US newspaper were from a confidential report transmitted in February 2007 to Israel and some other governments.

Israel are allowed to do so as they please

they are the chosen people remember

edit: deffence to defence

[edit on 15-5-2007 by bodrul]

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
They areant tied down by International laws
heck they are above the laws

Israel Jerusalem policy condemned
The international Red Cross has privately accused Israel of reshaping Jerusalem to further its own interests, in violation of international law.
A leaked ICRC report says Israeli policy has far-reaching humanitarian consequences for Palestinians living under occupation in East Jerusalem.

I was reading about that today. Something they will just disregard anyway. I am sure they will call the ICRC an anti-semetic organization and just brush the flakes off their shoulders.

The United Nations Security Council Resolution 465 March 1, 1980

“Determines that all measures taken by Israel to change the physical character, demographic composition, institutional structure or status of the Palestinian and other Arab territories occupied since 1967, including Jerusalem, or any part thereof, have no legal validity and that Israel`s policy and practices of settling parts of its population and new immigrants in those territories constitute a flagrant violation of the Fourth Geneva Convention relative to the Protection of Civilian Persons in Time of War and also constitute a serious obstruction to achieving a comprehensive, just and lasting peace in the Middle East."

What else is new??

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I have seen no direct cause (at least in the news) of Israeli offenses that have caused this latest spike in violence. In fact, it seems to have been pretty calm for the past month until this incident.

Hammas is a elected government political party. Or Terrorist organization.. which ever your politics.. either way, it is an act of war (as all military offenses are) and will only end in further bloodshed for both sides.

Looks like we are up for the next big round of who has the bigger di**.

EDIT:

The UN "resolutions" are only advice, not law, and not set in stone.

The only time they can be "enforced" is when....... America wants it enforced quite honestly.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
I have seen no direct cause (at least in the news) of Israeli offenses that have caused this latest spike in violence. In fact, it seems to have been pretty calm for the past month until this incident.

Rock
Look around. 2 dead here, 3 there, another 4 there. Its not out in front of you of course because a dead Pal is not new news in USA but if you read the Israeli news sites. Its right in black and white. Did you read the ICRC report? Its an ongoing thing. They are harrassed on a daily basis, killed on a daily basis, uprooted on a daily basis.

Pie

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Looks like a conscious decision by the Israeli's to once again refrain from striking back at the terrorists. Israel turns one cheek after another then they strike back, then the freakin terrorists strike back for being sticken LOL. Its a never ending game. Israel should know better than to sit there and take it with no response!!!

www.haaretz.com...

[edit on 15-5-2007 by princeofpeace]

[edit on 15-5-2007 by princeofpeace]

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   
As usual, we hear the usual BS propaganda about "poor innocent Israel" taking it on the chin and holding fire - too bad it has nothing to do with reality: Four killed as Israel, Hamas exchange assaults.

I have no love for Hamas, but the Israelis bring this stuff on themselves.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Reporters are trapped in a building. Bombs going off all around them.

On cnn right now

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shar
Reporters are trapped in a building. Bombs going off all around them.

On cnn right now

Thanks Shar..by the time I got onto CNN there was only a small blurb about it. I believe the Pals and Israelis will be heading towards a 3rd Intifada very soon with renewed fighting and different tactics being employed. If the US doesn't step in and make demands from both sides and enforce them there will be a lot of bloodshed Im afraid.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I wonder how the reporters did during the bombing.

I haven't heard anything about any of this today.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
CNN report on my cell phone had the story.. the reporter lived, he apparently had his family there at the time to? .. He said it was hell, and that the inside of the building was just as bad as the outside with bombs, gun fire and so forth.

I imagine he won't forget that experience.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Why are Hamas firing rockets into Israel?? Simple answer, to get the IDF to roll into Gaza so the warring factions of Hamas and Fatah can fight a common foe instead of each other

...BUT...

Why are Hamas and Fatah fighting each other in the first place? Again, simple. Israel and the US are funding and arming Fatah to take control of Hamas-run Palestine by force (the last public record of [url=]arms transfers were to the tune of £6million)

[edit on 17-5-2007 by citizen smith]

top topics

join