It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tomorrow the FBI will be able to invade everyone's internet.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I've heard alot of "Only criminals have to worry about being watched"...

YOU also should worry about being watched... especially if the government deems opposition to them a 'criminal' act.

Remember, hightened observation of the people is one of the KEY steps to making a Police State possible!!!!

It's how Hitler did it... he of course used informants instead of technology but it's the same step... just saying...

[edit on 15-5-2007 by johnsky]

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
This topic should be alot more popular then it is, this is the first time ive geard about this. Should i be concerned about getting heavily fined for downloading music????

You should only be worried if you're illegally downloading people's copyrighted recordings.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   
The laws are already being changed that will allow anyone to be arrested, locked up and the key thrown away without a trial for any reason the government decides. So if you post something on ATS that "someone" deems to be anti-government, they may likely be able to come after you even if you feel you've done nothing illegal.

Google is already tracking and storing everything it possibly can. Software algorithms can very easily produce lists of individuals that submit searches for specific combinations of words or topics. So there is really not much need to have a human monitor the internet. The internet monitors the internet and it can red flag and report on whatever they program it to report. What makes you think ATS is not monitored the very same way? How do you know that your statements here will not get you locked up sometime in the future?

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I expect that if my country turns fachist, I too will be locked up for what I have said in my time on ATS.

But we MUST stand up to them. We must let them know that it doesn't matter what they do, we will continue to live free... the more they try to oppress us, the more we will push back.

If they are willing to oppress us to the point of a civil war... we have to be ready to give them one.

We will not go quietly!

You can of course use surveillance against them.
If they show up at your door, make sure everyone will have a copy of them showing up at your door and arresting you.

Have your video recorded and sent to a friends place... and in turn, his sent to yours. This way either of you can expose them for arresting the other.

You have a right to record yourself and anything on your property... use it.

If they think they can get away with locking you up without notice... then release the agents images on the net without notice. Expose the bastards, watch how they squirm.

Make sure you let them know you have more where that came from.

[edit on 15-5-2007 by johnsky]

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Pssht, not all countries have the same rules.
Though crap for the americans, I just read that it apparently, it's not limited to providers but also for VoiP communication and IM-services.

Heh, at least in my country we only have black boxes at the provider, which don't even activate unless someone's a suspect.

In any case, I remember something about it being allowed to download movies, in Canada.

The same thing but with music can be applied to many countries.

Thus no need to worry about the FBI busting your door because you downloaded an MP3, YET.

eg.: In my country there's a very simple rule for whether you're allowed or not allowed to download crap online for free. (as in, stuff that's *supposed* to cost you something)

If you don't share it, you may download it. (though it doesn't apply to software I believe)

[edit on 15/5/07 by -0mega-]

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I'm a sepo, but've lived outside the US (mainly Japan) for the last 7 years. Ever since 9/11, it seems like things just get worse & worse civil liberty wise and the frogs keep getting drowsier and drowsier as they're boiled alive...to the point where I've had to really question whether I should go back to the states or take my chances on this side of the pond.

With that said, to those of you older and wiser than myself, is it a) only due to the fact that I'm on the outside looking in from a non-American media tinged perspective, b) that its always been this bad and I'm only now waking up to the fact or c) really as bad as I think it is?

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Considering the providers in my country already had black boxes, i'd say it was already in that "state".
However, if what I read about adding black boxes to IM-services and VoiP communication software as well is true, then it might be slightly worse than it used to be.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alien42
According to Wikipedia, thats a hoax.

According to wiki...
Okay maybe so but the chip isn't. One company recently forced employees to get a chip or lose their job...

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
What Helig said. This new policy is so far from fool-proof that it's really hard to see the FBI using it. My take is that the FBI is trying to fool the simple into thinking "they're always watching", i.e. to scare you into submission.

Working pretty good I would say judging by the posts

Its okay folkes, back to your routine lives... nothing going on here to be concerned about...

Just learn to say BAAAHHHHHH and be prepared to be fleeced from time to time...

:shk:

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky especially if the government deems opposition to them a 'criminal' act.

You mean like Bush making a statement like if you don't believe the official version of 911 you are comitting treason?

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 01:58 AM
link   

This topic should be alot more popular then it is, this is the first time ive geard about this. Should i be concerned about getting heavily fined for downloading music????

The FBI has better things to do than watch what music someone downloads. It's probably aimed at terrorist activities and such,

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 02:38 AM
link   
In Canada it's completely legal to download the pirated music, movies, etc. It's just not legal to distribute it.

It really depends on what your country's laws are.

As for watching for terrorist activities. I don't doubt that the US will detain people for simply being political activists, claiming they were terrorists.

Basically anyone who is a threat to the governments agenda can be detained as a terrorist at the moment...

The US government could turn the US into a complete police state and revoke everyones rights... and none of them would be able to do a thing about it... for fear of being labeled as a terrorist themselves, and detained.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I don't suppose this is extra-territorial, is it?

Bunch of paranoid feds up in your nation who have too much free time.

Like they say in my country " Jiak pa boh tai ji cho" literally meaning, eaten till you're dead bored, and then you think of idiotic things to do.

[edit on 15-5-2007 by LazerLordz]

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Not a fan of the government's slow movement towards the removal of our privacy. Anyone see the movie 1984?

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by LazerLordz

Like they say in my country " Jiak pa boh tai ji cho" literally meaning, eaten till you're dead bored, and then you think of idiotic things to do.

Paranoid huh? I don't want to be rude since you have no idea what is going on over here since you don't live here in the US. Good day to you.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 07:01 AM
link   
As time goes on there will be more action taken agaisnt our so called freedom. The question was and still is when we as a people stand up and take control of the given situation. Im sure things will change for the better, its just a matter of time....

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Lets say you were interested in Atomic Energy.... well you will find sites that talk about atomic bombs... so you are obviously a terrorist...

You are interested in working on Hydrogen Fuel cells... well they need sulfur, a common chemical that used to be found in all kid's chemistry sets... but if you look for that online, well in most states its illegal to own, afterall its also an ingredient in gunpowder... and illegal fireworks... so you must be thinking of making bombs... so you are obviously a terrorist...

Even if terrorists actually existed, the government would not be interested in stopping it, just making you believe they are.

However they like to stage events (Black ops and false flag operations) to make people believe terrorists are out there so that they can implement these laws gradually on us.
Like this one we are talking about on this very thread, to say it's put in place because of terrorists is a complete lie on their part.

No matter what the government do, don't believe their given reasons if the reason is not ''money''.

[edit on 15-5-2007 by selfless]

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by LazerLordz

Every time i see you post on this forum it's for the purpose of making fun of people who are able to think outside the box.

This site is clearly not for you Lazer, why do you even bother coming here in the first place? Perhaps you are Jiak pa boh tai ji chi.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Most people don't know that the public owns the airwaves.

All communincations broadcast by other means than land lines are using public domain. I don't know if we can do anything about the phoneline/cable monitoring, but if anyone is using a satellite link or wifi (though most are hooked into land lines eventually) we have a right to dispute this. I'm not sure about the rights of land line communications, but I'm sure private businesses are protected against public interests.

Didn't I hear something in a thread about a week ago about using HAM radios for internet? Were this method to become common use, I'm pretty sure the government wouldn't be able to put it's shackles on this method of communication exchange since it's owned by the public.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by PisTonZOR

The FBI has better things to do than watch what music someone downloads. It's probably aimed at terrorist activities and such,

More at "Domestic Terrorist" I think. Can we get a definition of this? Surely they wouldn't waste BILLION of our tax dollars for a Timothy McVay every 5 years or so. What about the gangs that are killing thousands of people a year? Where's the neighborhood surveillance to stop these residential terrorist that terrorize neighborhoods year round?

[edit on 15-5-2007 by tyranny22]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join