It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO in John Wayne movie "Rio Grande"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by tombangelta
Could you post some information about this Arlington Road UFO? After trolling around the 'net and IMDB real fast I couldn't find anything about it.

lol i also looked for about 10 minutes couldnt find anything either.

i would also like to see this UFO

thanks in advance

I looked real quick, and this is pretty much all I found.

It's not much, just a mention. It also mentions something about "objects streaking across the sky" in the movie "Jaws".

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I'll find something on the arlington road ufo and start a new thread with it. As for The Duke's Ufo, its so fleeting. I'm sticking with a moth (maybe a big moth) on a sound stage. Or its the Great Gazoo.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I have read elsewhere that it was indeed a powerline on a set that was not meant to be seen. What you are seeing is the glow cast from the hot lights on a sound stage. I can't find the original site that mentioned this it's just a memory.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 03:04 AM
link   
The "Arlington road" ufo has been covered in the past here already but without any pics or video. I searched for a few hours but couldn't find anything on it except posts like this one in other forums (reading these random forums for this long has given me a new found respect with how well ATS is being run, By the way. Great job you guys).

I remember watching a clip of it, the 2 main characters were in a backyard arguing or having a bbq or both, when in the upper left (I think) corner(in the sky) was a ufo for a few seconds. I'll get the dvd this week, heard its a good film anyway, and ask my smart roomate to show me how to upload the clip.

[edit on 5/15/07 by projectionist]

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by projectionist

During the first 5 seconds you can see an object in the top right of the screen, if you look closely, there is 2 objects, one above another. At :17 the object appears to hover around until :25 which is when it disappears. 1-2 seconds later its appears to shoot out of the screen above Wayne's head. At :31 it reappears, hovers around, and at :36 disappears into the top of the screen. At :37 a black dot flashes just above the tree/bush.

Nothing happens again until :44 when the object briefly moves into and out of the screen, just before Wayne starts walking.After watching every version I can get by hands on (online), and reading every forum/thread I can on the subject, this is what I conclude.

According to eye-witnesses and the actors themselves, it was shot on scene. I do not believe the "spider web theory" on the tree/bush because the object appears other places then just the tree/bush.

I do not believe it was a painted backdrop. I think most likely, it has to do with a glass lens and a light being moved around causing reflections.
However, there is a high probability that this is a UFO, an Unidentified Flying Object.

www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join