It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is the root of all evil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Christians believe "god" created everything and everything is a part of god therefore when "god" created lucifer or the serpant and they commited acts of evil since what they did was only possible through "god" this makes "god" the root of all evil and therefore responsible for evil and in total makes "god" evil. I dare you to prove me wrong.

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
To any Christian reading this thread I suggest the following.

Matthew 7:6

Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet.

Blessings

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   
in other words the pearl is your belief and if you give it to us we will prove it wrong (hence crushing it under our feet) and so you recomend ignoring this thread because it challanges "god" and christian teachings.

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
God is force which created all there is. This force is not evil.

God which politicians and clergy created in order to control you, is evil. They are in need for control and fear because they are spiritually retarded. Everyone has free will and is free to create heaven or hell. But at same time is duty of all who are able to help, to help oppressed and not to blame God for the pain and suffering.

In short, most politicians and clergy is spiritually and sometimes even mentally retarded. We need to treat them as uneducated idiots. Knowing this also means we cannot really blame them for all bad stuff... They simply don't know any better and uneducated masses just follow them.

[edit on 12-5-2007 by detonator]

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
"I am the Lord, there is no other; I form the light, and create the darkness, I make well-being, and create woe; I, the Lord, do all these things." Isaiah 45:7

In other words, God permits evil for the purpose of a greater good.

I have had evil things happen to me in my life; however, I learned through time that it was for a greater good. I now have a wonderful relationship with God and consider His Infinite and Exalted Name to be almost ineffable.

Peace and Blessings.

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 06:21 AM
link   
The root of all evil is:

selfishness
loving material things more than people
greed
avarice
envy
fear

God's evil is good - because ultimately it benefits us all in some way even if we don't understand right away.

Man's 'good' is evil because man seeks only his own end - not that of community (purely - it might seem that he does, but rest assured in the end, most men have one goal in their mind and it is furthering of self in one way or another: financial, power, prestige, etc).

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 06:43 AM
link   
queenannie38, excellent response. You have a way of expressing in words that only a female can.

Happy Mother's Day to all mothers!!! (USA, May 13, 2007)

[edit on 13-5-2007 by GreatTech]

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
To any Christian reading this thread I suggest the following.

Matthew 7:6

Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet.

Blessings

Sorry for the full quote but really liked this... really liked it, truly!!

And I really feel there is nothing more that can be said... nothing at all

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
The root of all evil is:

selfishness
greed
avarice
envy
fear

Hi Queenie

As soon as I read the title, I thought MAN is the root of evil.

eg... if God came down and gave a man a pearl, that man might try and 'sell' it for money or use it for power... it seems to me, throughout history, MAN has been blessed and benefited spiritually and then corrupted the gifts due to either egocentric or materialiastic pursuits.

My late Father in law was a very successful human being and he told me one day, "don't even trust your own right hand" and since then, that has been in the back of my mind.

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Man creates evil since he can choose to do so, but to be honest even if God creates it i am OK with it because i see God in evil as i see God in good. Satan too is part of the same God.

God is not only good, God is also most evil bastard there is. Question is, how will you react to it.

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   

The root of all evil is:

selfishness
greed
avarice
envy
fear

God's evil is good - because ultimately it benefits us all in some way even if we don't understand right away.

Man's 'good' is evil because man seeks only his own end - not that of community (purely - it might seem that he does, but rest assured in the end, most men have one goal in their mind and it is furthering of self in one way or another: financial, power, prestige, etc).

High sounding nonsense.

How does God's "good" evil benefits starving children ?

We are created in God's image.
Man's evil is God's evil. We do our Master's bidding.

God is all powerful,
God is all knowing,
God is the creator of everything,
God is the Alpha and the Omega.

and God is the source of all evil, so....

To worship God is to worship Satan is to embrace the father of evil.

Does Evil exist outside of God's power?

If the only way God has figured out to test humans is to subject them to imperfection, pain, evil, etc, it is not a very efficient or fair way to the victims of the created evil.

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Yes i agree, God created Satan and war because this is how we are tested and eventually transformed.

Generally speaking, if you don't object God, why do you object prestige, immorality, adultery, starving children and war? It's all created by God who can be most evil bastard in this universe.

Morals and rules are created by men for men and God doesn't care about them. They are just created to hold your fragile ego intact, out of fear and lack of knowledge.

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
One of the stories in the Bible that I have always given some thought was when Cain killed Abel... now, who can we say caused that to happen?

Can we point the finger at God? Or human nature -> the individual?

Human behaviour or instinct must have a part to play here. I think if we were to put the onus on God completely, then we would I feel be underestimating the choices that we do have. That analogy or facade suggests that we are nothing more than puppets on a string.

I also feel that, the blame mentality keeps us stagnant. It is so easy to say... X caused this....when in most situations, the person has contributed in some way to their situation.

I as an individual make choices everyday and I am completely responsible for those choices and the outcomes. I can't just say 'its God's fault'...

There are so many religions in the world, I just wonder if Buddha gets blamed for evil too or for that matter, the Dalai Lama, maybe the Tibetan Peoples' hold him personally responsible for the persecution they endured and subsequent dispossession of their lands. Maybe the Muslims put it on Allah too...

When will human beings become responsible and accountable for their choices and actions?

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Belinquest:
why are children starving?
because the men in charge care more about profits than progeny.
there is plenty of food.
what do YOU do to help?
do you pocket all your spare change or do you give it to the next person you meet?
If someone came up to you and asked for a buck or two for dinner. what would you do? Say, 'no way - get a job like the rest of us!'
WHAT WOULD YOU DO?
What do YOU do?
Whose decision is it, whatever it is that you do?

Have you ever been broke, out of luck, and really really hungry?
God gets hungry, too, BTW.

If what I said is 'high sounding' nonsense to you, then maybe your thoughts are due for some self-elevation of a brotherly-love type of step-up.

Nat:
envy is the reason Cain killed Abel...he thought that because God approved of what Abel sacrificed (something alive that he made into more than what he started with) and not what Cain gave (which was just the crop he was tending for God, anyway - kind of like giving someone that you've been house-sitting for, a book for a birthday gift from out of their OWN collection) that somehow God LOVED Abel MORE than Cain....

ENVY is wanting something you can never have (or in that case, thinking you can't have something that you ALREADY have)....

ENVY causes men to kill....far different than jealousy, far more deadly.

If we didn't have possessions and consider them as our exclusive property and subject to thievery....there would be no envy.

Imagine no possessions...it's easy if you try....nothing to kill or die for...

IMAGINE how God sees the future...

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Queen Annie lives in a white washed mansion, filled with shining antiques, restored as though brand new. Beautiful wicker and better wood.

Isn't the traditional argument, Evil is the absence of God.

Flesh feeding on flesh, where is spirit? In the rancor and complaint, in the suffering, for lack of it.

You're free to think as you'd like to think - Atheism is rather God-like, An ideology greater than any single man, an idea born like a helpful guidepost in the wilds.

Like braided wicker, complaints of men must be level and specific, avoiding the fallacious lattice work of generalization.

Feedle dee gods when their evil, block the number on the telephone and pretend they were never born.

[edit on 13-5-2007 by clearwater]

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Belinquest:
why are children starving?
because the men in charge care more about profits than progeny.
there is plenty of food.
what do YOU do to help?
do you pocket all your spare change or do you give it to the next person you meet?
If someone came up to you and asked for a buck or two for dinner. what would you do? Say, 'no way - get a job like the rest of us!'
WHAT WOULD YOU DO?
What do YOU do?
Whose decision is it, whatever it is that you do?

A very lame argument, and again from a "holier than thou" pedestal.

To be ignorant of one's ignorance is the malady of the ignorant.
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.(A.Einstein)

God is the author of the very Evil he claims to remove.

This is the problem with Jewish myths. The Christians suffer from the contradiction. It is inherent in the original mythology.

When you invent an uber-god you force yourself into a contradiction.

God is the author of all things ~ including Evil! You should have chosen a better superstition to base your life on.

God knew Satan would rebel before Satan was created. God knew Eve would tempt Adam before the Tree of Knowledge was created. God knows the intricate details of every mind and heart and thought.
Not even a sparrow fails except that God knows it's fate.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
as much as ive enjoyed watching you all rip out your war guns over this one im going to change the subject of this topic (which I can cause I made the thread). And am therefore the alpha and the omega of said thread j/ks.

Anyways Detonator brings up an intresting theory that the "satan" surves "god" (I am not an athiest, agnostic or any form of religion (and yest I do consider athieism the worship of non religion (LOL), I just know alot about religion.

So im afraid I wan't to interject because in my understanding of jewish-christian mith lucifer commits origonal sin by defying "god" by not bowing to adam, he starts revolution with "god" and falls to earth. Now then with revolution meaning to userp or other throw, why would lucifer wan't to serve "god" if he want's to over throw him? also the whole is evil outside "gods" controll would mean "god" is not a god since power can exist that he cannot obtain/controll.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by vysage
also the whole is evil outside "gods" controll would mean "god" is not a god since power can exist that he cannot obtain/controll.

God's purpose is not to obtain/control everything... God has given each and every one of us, including Lucifer, free will. The will to obey, or reject, or love, or hate, or run, or walk, or whatever else comes to mind. Lucifer chose to try and become as strong as God, he chose to rebel against God, and God chose to cast him out along with half of the heavenly host.

new topics

top topics

join