It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question on WMD issue in Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I was doing some reading and came across something that I don't remember reading anywhere else. I know that the folks in here are top notch at research so I will throw this out and see what can be found.

In 2003 on the drive to Baghdad, the US troops were finding fairly large traces of chemical compounds in the Euphrates river. These compounds were the known ingredients for chemical weapons. This was not made public as far as I know, but I very well could be wrong.

I find it interesting and intriguing...

Another note, in my line of work, I ran across something else VERY interesting. I can not give great details for obvious reasons, but I do know that in 2005, a half-5 gallon bucket full of highly enriched uranium was smuggled out of Iraq. Its destination? the United States. It was found before it was loaded on a ship in the MED, and was pointed out to the State Department and the UN and even Condi Rice personally. It was dropped, along with the many 'items' also that have been smuggled out of Iraq in the last few years.

Now the validity of these finds I can not confirm but I highly believe the source to be accurate and true.

The question I have is this, IF the US found some 'material' to support the WMD reason, why would they not acknowledge it now? Especially in this environment of policital hatred. It would quiet the anti-Bush crowd.

Is this a conspiracy in itself? Just wondering.

As for the chemical traces in the river, that is something I would love to have more information on, especially the traces of what exactly.

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Another note, in my line of work, I ran across something else VERY interesting. I can not give great details for obvious reasons, but I do know that in 2005, a half-5 gallon bucket full of highly enriched uranium was smuggled out of Iraq. Its destination? the United States.

Ed what is your line of work? If there is one thing I can't stand its the whole "top secret" job mentality. Usually when people say "I can't talk about it" or "Thats classified" it's a bunch of BS. Those who have TS or SCI clearance wouldn't even give you a teaser then cut you off. You also say you CAN'T give great detail, why? Your statements contradict themseleves. You say you know in 2005 they found a bucket of DU, then below that you state you "can't confirm" the statements..sooodo you really know for sure or not know for sure? Then below that you say IF wmd's were found after already stating you KNEW they were.

????

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Well I will say this, the bucket was in a shipping container filled with scrap. I heard it directly from the gentlemen that was working with the UN on just such items coming out of Iraq. He told Condi personally. AT least this is what the man told me and 100 other people. As for why I will not go into further detail, I will just say that there is no need.

I can not prove what the man said but I believe him and have seen and understand what his job was because I have seen personally some similar items in a similar manner.

As for the WMD, I can not prove they were there at all, I believe they were for sure, but I can not prove it.

This gentlemen did prove it (according to him and the State Department especially IGNORED it. Why?

I am not at this time in a Top Secret type job....

[edit on 12-5-2007 by edsinger]

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
No one can find any information on this?

I would like to find just what was found in the river...I have looked and can find nothing but my internet time is very limited.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 04:00 AM
link   
It is possible that evidence of Iraq's Nuclear program is being kept secret due to the source of the information and if the evidence was moved to sensitive location. Say if the evidence ended up in Saudi Arabia the US government might chose the political fall out rather then highlighting the fact that the Saudis are playing both sides.

Working against this idea is the fact that the CIA would struggle to find a meat pie in a Bakery little alone evidence of Iraq's alleged WMD and Nuclear programs. I'm just trying to keep an open mind when it comes to the topic at hand.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Here you go:

www.freerepublic.com...

Mustard gas and cyanide have been found in river water in the Iraqi city of Nasiriyah, coalition forces said yesterday.

The poisonous substances are believed to have been dumped in the Euphrates either by Iraqi soldiers fleeing from American troops or local factories that produced weapons of mass destruction.

A spokesman for the United States marines, based just outside the city, described the quantities of chemical agents found as "significant" and claimed that it was further evidence that Saddam Hussein has produced weapons of mass destruction.

He said yesterday: "I think this discovery shows what kind of guy is running this country.

"This stuff is just dumped in the Euphrates without any concern for the many people who drink and wash with water from the river."

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman2
Here you go:

www.freerepublic.com...

Thank you

There will be those that decry the site itself but I remembered that info but could not find it. Thanks Again.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I used to have many links....to all the major new sites also.....but those links have seem to have disappeared over the last 4 years.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I know, I have lost many over the years.

Given that these reports came out, were they silenced or just plain false? I really wonder.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Given that these reports came out, were they silenced or just plain false? I really wonder.

Really edsinger you shouldn't have to ask that question. If evidence of current WMD and nuclear stockpiles and programs had been found it would have been gladly broadcast to the world. I would have preferred it if a smoking gun had been found but edsinger you just have to accept for now that no evidence was found of current WMD stockpiles.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I would agree from what is in the public domain BUT as I have stated, I heard of situations with HEU coming FROM Iraq. It might be junk but the source is what intrigued me so much.

It made no sense to me why not to come out with it. I was told Condi Rice WAS told directly about the bucket that was found.

That begs a question and humor me for a minute, I have wondered so much that if they US HAD the proof and yet did not divulge it, what would be the reason? It just doesn't make sense unless something none of us knows about is at stake.

the chemical weapons gear sold by the French is an example, what else did they find and yet keep quiet to save face?

Its an interesting proposition don't you think?

the why not bothers me and actually scares me....

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
It is an interesting proposition and It is better then the claims and people who jump to the conclusions that the WMD stockpiles were moved to Syria. While you cant rule anything out another possibility is that firms from coalition countries were supplying Saddam's regime with the materials used to make WMDs right up until the invasion.

Edsinger I will continue to humour you for the sake of this discussion.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Well thanks for humoring me, and I also give some credence to the Syria proposition except that I think it went to the Bekka Valley and not Syria, just through it.

new topics

top topics

join