It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do politicians lie?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Why has every politician ever sworn in to power lied so far? I dont unerstand why these people use politics as a game for their personal wealth.

Are there any "good boy" politicans left, who stand by their word, like a REAL MAN should?

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
it's human nature to always want more. Think of a communist society; there will always be people that seek more power.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Power and money.
Isn't it obvious?
I thought everyone knew this....

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by eli.willard
it's human nature to always want more. Think of a communist society; there will always be people that seek more power.

but they always promise and they never deliver or completely deliver. how do you explain that.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

They want money, power, and favors. Lobbyists fulfill all three of these objectives.

More, more, more is a politician's standard.

Its a sad fact of life, but they truly do not care about anyone other than themselves (the vast majority, there are a few "good" ones left- Ron Paul and some of the Libertarian/Green members).

The Republicrat or Demopublican party is for big government and big business. They want to control your lives, while letting you know nothing of theirs.

It is a game of cat and mouse, bait and switch. They will tell you to look this way, while at the same time do something contrary to their statements.

They are hypocrites at its finest, pure and simple.

They envy our freedom and want everyone to suffer just like they have.

They are cowards, 'nuff said.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
For me, the political world has become a stranger over the years. Never do they stand close with the public that chooses them. The only moment when they need them is for their votes, then they'd discard them like trash and go on fullfilling their agendas until the next election campaign approaches. It's like a theater, blind people with promises.

They do what they wish and most of the civilians remain completely oblivious of what goes on behind the scenes. And who is going to stop them? There will always be secrets. A shame, a politician should base his work on the truth.

Our leadership remains human, and because of that, i never expect those who dictate the way of our world to become pure-hearted honest men. Thats a dream, atleast for a long time to come.

Political groups come and go, i dont think any group can sustain for a long period of time when one scandal after another follows. Unless it has the tendencies of a dictatorship.

A sad truth, in the end. Power corrupts, and we'll see that for a long time. Some go to near-suicidal measures to ensure their position, when it comes to it.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   
It is our fault that they lie. If they told the truth, most of us would not vote for them. The do what gets them elected, they study to no end what will result in them getting the votes. The guys who lie get more votes hands down every time. So, to get up there and tell the truth, you need to be honest and stupid. If you are not willing to lie, you won't make it.

new topics

top topics

join