It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Section of China's Great Wall discovered !!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   

New Section of China's Great Wall discovered !!!

news.yahoo.com

BEIJING (AFP) - Chinese archaeologists have discovered a section of the Great Wall straddling the Mongolian border that is the northernmost remnant of the landmark yet found, state media reported Wednesday.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
WOW...amazing !! I would have thought that all the wall was known...guess I was wrong !!

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Great find there Alpha Grey! You'd think they'd have found all of a wall?

I wonder if they'll find any artifacts at this part of the wall? Gotta admire the Chinese for building such a magnificent work of art!

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Actually alot of China is undiscovered, forgotten, or uncharted. So I am not at all surprised to find another section, after all it was a Great Wall.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
How do you lose part of a wall the GREAT WALL at that?? Cant you just follow the trail.... I'm sooo confused....

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reform America
Actually alot of China is undiscovered, forgotten, or uncharted. So I am not at all surprised to find another section, after all it was a Great Wall.

In this day and age how can something be uncharted?

I can zoom up to my front porch, and the front porch of the forbidden city with
google.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImpliedChaos
How do you lose part of a wall the GREAT WALL at that?? Cant you just follow the trail.... I'm sooo confused....

My guess is that they built it in sections at a time and connected them, and this part was never connected. Or it could be that part of it is in ruins and hard to follow the trail past a certain point.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Renshin
I can zoom up to my front porch, and the front porch of the forbidden city with
google.

Yea thats a tourist attraction. Try in the middle of no where. Tell me how well you can see up close.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Thats right, the wall wasnt one long single wall, it was in sections in certain parts on the border.
some of it probable was destroyed, or over time collapsed.... over run by foilage.

Pretty kewl but,
Id love to trek through that part of the world.
After watching Peking to Paris, Im seriously thinking of it.

There's an old soviet cold war base somewhere out that way, completely open to the world with not a soul in site.

That would be an awesome site to see

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
ohhh...I thought it was one single wall...ok i understand now

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

There's an old soviet cold war base somewhere out that way, completely open to the world with not a soul in site.

That would be an awesome site to see

Oh man, I'd join you on that!
Love old relics!

But I suppose after time, everything ends up lost. The world is constantly changing, plant growth, natural decay, development. It all helps to make things lost stay lost.

FK

top topics

join